Fashion & Beauty

Brown or Black Leather Jacket? Buttons or Zipper? which one looks better?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2005 8:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2003
1736 posts
Vancouver. BC
Baby Kat wrote:Do you guys have the store called DANIER? they have jackets for both guys and girls... a little pricey but worth the money
Yes, I think we have one @ MetroTown.. thanks for your help.
HEATWARE > notoriousformula
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2989 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
there is a blazer i want to buy from danier, not sure if i should wait until boxing day for 50% off or not. that's 2months away.

can an expert comment on the quality of danier's leather and build?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2747 posts
155 upvotes
Peterborough
Black. Goes with anything. Always in.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
67 upvotes
i heard once you go black you never go back.
Back for a limited engagement.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2004
10377 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
I checked out a Danier Outlet in Hamilton over the weekend. Got a good amount of exposure of what's out there. There's a dark brown leather that I really like, the only problem is the fit. The medium looks better than the large, but I find it tight around the shoulder/chest area. but then if I go to the large, it fits much better in the shoulders but then leaves a bit too much room around the midsection. I find I have the same problem with suits as well.
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
Sep 5, 2005
973 posts
2 upvotes
I'd say Danier is middle of the road. Not high fashion stuff, but not budget Wally World products either. Some of their leathers are quite nice, some of their cheaper products are stiff and poor fitting.

Make sure the jacket fits you. As for buttons vs zipper...depends on the style. I haven't seen many motorcycle style jackets with buttons. I also haven't seen many blazer style jackets with zippers.

It all depends on what you want - motorcycle rebel, or conservative blazer for casual Fridays, as well as everything else in between - for dinner dates, clubbing, just hanging out, etc. And most importantly, if it doesn't fit perfectly, don't buy it! Something better will always come along... a feeling I know all too well.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2004
10377 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
epiphony wrote:I'd say Danier is middle of the road. Not high fashion stuff, but not budget Wally World products either. Some of their leathers are quite nice, some of their cheaper products are stiff and poor fitting.

Make sure the jacket fits you. As for buttons vs zipper...depends on the style. I haven't seen many motorcycle style jackets with buttons. I also haven't seen many blazer style jackets with zippers.

It all depends on what you want - motorcycle rebel, or conservative blazer for casual Fridays, as well as everything else in between - for dinner dates, clubbing, just hanging out, etc. And most importantly, if it doesn't fit perfectly, don't buy it! Something better will always come along... a feeling I know all too well.
I tend to be an impulse shopper too. I was however able to pry myself out of the store.
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100