Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: [BTR] Valentino scarves for $99 regularly $525.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2015 9:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13891 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto

[BTR] Valentino scarves for $99 regularly $525.

Beyond The Rack has Valentino scarves for ladies at $99. Hot deal for designer scarves. A scarf at aritzia already costs 70 so $30 more for fine Italian material is hot.

This deal is obviously not for everyone.

Cartier also has some for $149

http://www.beyondtherack.com/search/res ... tino+scarf
126 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
What????? Did you say $100 for a scarf????? Get outta here
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13891 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
yao416 wrote: What????? Did you say $100 for a scarf????? Get outta here
It's Valentino! I paid $700 for my fiancée's LV scarf. $100 is a steal! Bruh you gotta pay to play mang. I thought everyone on RFD makes 100k per year
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
Fashion is the greatest racket out there. $100 is a "deal" on a brand name scarf, which has like $1 worth of material in it.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
wearysky wrote: Fashion is the greatest racket out there. $100 is a "deal" on a brand name scarf, which has like $1 worth of material in it.
Just because you can't find value - doesn't mean that others can't.

For the record - these scarfs are made out of Italian Silk which sells for over $100 per kg. The scarf weighs roughly 0.25kg which would mean just the raw materials cost $25. A far cry from your $1.

I don't think I'll ever spend $100 on a scarf unless my wife really wants it though.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
Bawler wrote: Just because you can't find value - doesn't mean that others can't.

For the record - these scarfs are made out of Italian Silk which sells for over $100 per kg. The scarf weighs roughly 0.25kg which would mean just the raw materials cost $25. A far cry from your $1.

I don't think I'll ever spend $100 on a scarf unless my wife really wants it though.
Sorry - $25 worth of material. With a retail price of $525. What you're paying for is being able to tell people that your scarf is Valentino. And yes, I suppose that does have value to some people. It's a pretty shallow thing to find value in, though.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
wearysky wrote: Sorry - $25 worth of material. With a retail price of $525. What you're paying for is being able to tell people that your scarf is Valentino. And yes, I suppose that does have value to some people. It's a pretty shallow thing to find value in, though.
Your previous comment had nothing to do with the retail price. Your discussion point on was whether or not $100 was a deal.

For someone who lives in Oakville, you probably know you're fair share of shallow people. Unfortunately some people aren't shallow but require items like this in order to maintain a certain level to personify a type. For example, you are less likely to buy a house from a person driving a beat up Pontiac as you are to buy one from a person driving a BMW.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
Bawler wrote: Your previous comment had nothing to do with the retail price. Your discussion point on was whether or not $100 was a deal.

For someone who lives in Oakville, you probably know you're fair share of shallow people. Unfortunately some people aren't shallow but require items like this in order to maintain a certain level to personify a type. For example, you are less likely to buy a house from a person driving a beat up Pontiac as you are to buy one from a person driving a BMW.
$100 for $25 worth of silk is still not a hot deal, IMO. The $525 retail price is even crazier.

If I lived in South Oakville, yeah, I might be hanging out with the type of people who buy $500 scarves. North of the QEW is much more middle class. And as to your example? I'd quite happily buy a house from a person buying a beat up Pontiac. It's the people who feel the need to spend money to "keep up appearances" that I'd be far more suspicious of trying to screw me.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3986 posts
2351 upvotes
Ottawa
Bawler wrote: Your previous comment had nothing to do with the retail price. Your discussion point on was whether or not $100 was a deal.

wearysky wrote: $100 for $25 worth of silk is still not a hot deal, IMO. The $525 retail price is even crazier.

If I lived in South Oakville, yeah, I might be hanging out with the type of people who buy $500 scarves. North of the QEW is much more middle class. And as to your example? I'd quite happily buy a house from a person buying a beat up Pontiac. It's the people who feel the need to spend money to "keep up appearances" that I'd be far more suspicious of trying to screw me.
Ok, lets stop this thing right here. You BOTH are correct.

I have no problem dealing or doing business with ppl who aren't wearing top brand name stuff. Most of the time, you can't even see the tags or the brand anyways. HOWEVER, in certain circles or in certain situations you DO need to go the extra mile.(try going to a business meeting at a really fancy restaurant dressed in a TipTop suit, not really showing that you are already successful and all that other stuff). I know a lady working in business image consulting, I thought it was crazy when she bought 900USD scarf, but if your job is to advise managers/CEOs on how to look good, you better look the part. The thing is for most ppl they will not be in those kinds of situations or business parties or whatever.

So depending on what you do, this could be a steal for ppl or a ripoff for others.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2009
4869 posts
9421 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks for posting.

If you are not interested in this, then move along please and skip the thread. No point arguing which adds absolutely no value to the thread.

As the OP already mentioned. The deal is not for everyone. But it is still a deal.
Get a deal, share a deal
Happy Deal Hunting
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
No he said $100 for a $500 scarf, better?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
AlexJosh wrote: No he said $100 for a $500 scarf, better?
Not a real scarf if they discount that much
hated on but respected.
Apr 25, 2007
144 posts
39 upvotes
Markham, Canada
the best part is all this comes from India or Bangladesh, when you buy from walmart, its 15 to 25 dollar but when you buy bigger shop you pay the price for their rent, living and their traveling.

not worth it
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
other than the soft and smooth silk material, is it even warm at all? Say, can she wear it in winter? or is it the fashion kind to be worn in the middle of summer?
Dec 16, 2012
387 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
$8 shipping to Canada q.q
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6664 upvotes
Id like to also know if this is warm at all? My wife collects scarves and 100$ for this is a good deal.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16313 posts
7943 upvotes
eladmk wrote: Thanks for posting.

If you are not interested in this, then move along please and skip the thread. No point arguing which adds absolutely no value to the thread.

As the OP already mentioned. The deal is not for everyone. But it is still a deal.
Since some people seem to have missed it the first time.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2614 posts
3356 upvotes
Fredericton
I stay out of fashion threads, because I do not have an appreciation for the products, yet don't find the need to tell everybody. You may consider trying this approach in the future.
Hated on but respected
I find the second part very hard to believe.
Jul 24, 2008
51 posts
32 upvotes
Ontario
wearysky wrote: Sorry - $25 worth of material. With a retail price of $525. What you're paying for is being able to tell people that your scarf is Valentino. And yes, I suppose that does have value to some people. It's a pretty shallow thing to find value in, though.
I know, right? Like some people spend thousands of dollars on art and paintings when the raw materials can't cost more than $50 for a large canvas and some paints. Just 'cause it's a Picasso doesn't mean such a ridiculous markup is worth it on what is essentially some acrylic paints and canvas. Or alcohol, people spend $50 for a bottle of something that is mostly water, what the heck? I get huge bottles of vodka from Costco in the states for $8 and that's all I drink, it's the same thing. Even that is mostly water.