• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2019 11:33 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3297 posts
975 upvotes
Everyone should have got the 50 inch vizio. I'm not exaggerating when I say everything else is substandard in comparison if your budget is $500. Nothing else has great HDR colour coverage, decent brightness, good contrast, and low input lag. TCL comes closest with certain models.

Check rtings.com if you want objective opinions on this.
Oct 11, 2010
753 posts
80 upvotes
Sorcerer wrote: Not Costco but....at $417.99 LG Electronics 43UM7300 43" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2019) Great TV and also makes for a great computer monitor if your friend is interested in that.

https://www.amazon.ca/LG-Electronics-43 ... EQB&sr=8-2
It's a good TV, and it's not fair to compare, but it's only $299 at the US site and it probably could go even lower. It's a decent deal for Canada, but not a great one.
Jun 19, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Not cistco but pc-canada.com has sum dealz for 49 to 55. Me cousin gave free ship code bf19shipfree
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3572 posts
180 upvotes
nuzlocke wrote: The 50" vizio at costco is sold out now.. what would you guys recommend?
It's back up online
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25632 posts
5927 upvotes
MauriceLaFlamme wrote: Asking for friend as I don't really know anything about TVs in this range!

Looking for a "Budget" TV - under $500 -- 550 MAX.

Upgrading a 43" TV -- So anything 43, 46, 49, or 50 would be great, I think 55 would be pushing it.

Heard a lot of great things about Vizio, TCL 6 series, was told to avoid Hisense, I def dont think the Sony 900++++ models will be in this price range.

Any retailers release their BF pricing stuff yet?

Ideally I would prefer COSTCO because of their returns

EDIT: Sized 49-55 only. Apparently 43, 46 are no longer an option.
Out of curiosity, what did your friend end up getting and at what price?

I made some comments on some other threads recently about 50" and lower sets, like here:
costco-tcl-50-65-back-stock-online-2335974/#p31827197

Though I'm guessing by now your friend bought his/her TV already? Above 50" you actually have a lot of choices, it's the 50-and-lower sizes that are hard to get a good TV at a good price. Sony has nothing worth buying that's less than 55" and pretty much everything they do have worth buying cannot be considered cheap. And I'm saying this and every single TV in my house is a Sony, save for the new 43" I just bought (a TCL 5-series from US) which I haven't even opened yet. Only Sonys worth buying in the low sizes are older/used high-end 1080p sets off kijiji, etc, lol! I was actually tempted to do so but figured I'd give a chance to something newer and 4K.

Not sure why you were told to avoid Hisense, unless it was alleged software issues? That's the main bad point I hear about them--some freezing issues with their Android TVs. Still, the 50" (not sold here) and 55" H8F are very hard to beat for PQ for the dollar in that size range. It's not exactly a "cheap TV" but it is most impressive for what it does sell for.

Again not sure if this is too late, but reviewing the rest of what you said and buying in Canada, I'd say the TCL 6-series is the best bet, though 55" is the smallest they make. TCL 5-series is not nearly as good but it's much cheaper and still quite good while being available in 43" and 50"...but not even sold here. Best alternative to that is the Vizio V-series but I'm not entirely sure what they go for? At 55", if a V-series is more than $450 or so, I'd just spend the extra on a TCL 6 or Hisense H8F instead.
Aug 21, 2019
420 posts
250 upvotes
Markham
ES_Revenge wrote: Out of curiosity, what did your friend end up getting and at what price?

I made some comments on some other threads recently about 50" and lower sets, like here:
costco-tcl-50-65-back-stock-online-2335974/#p31827197

Though I'm guessing by now your friend bought his/her TV already? Above 50" you actually have a lot of choices, it's the 50-and-lower sizes that are hard to get a good TV at a good price. Sony has nothing worth buying that's less than 55" and pretty much everything they do have worth buying cannot be considered cheap. And I'm saying this and every single TV in my house is a Sony, save for the new 43" I just bought (a TCL 5-series from US) which I haven't even opened yet. Only Sonys worth buying in the low sizes are older/used high-end 1080p sets off kijiji, etc, lol! I was actually tempted to do so but figured I'd give a chance to something newer and 4K.

Not sure why you were told to avoid Hisense, unless it was alleged software issues? That's the main bad point I hear about them--some freezing issues with their Android TVs. Still, the 50" (not sold here) and 55" H8F are very hard to beat for PQ for the dollar in that size range. It's not exactly a "cheap TV" but it is most impressive for what it does sell for.

Again not sure if this is too late, but reviewing the rest of what you said and buying in Canada, I'd say the TCL 6-series is the best bet, though 55" is the smallest they make. TCL 5-series is not nearly as good but it's much cheaper and still quite good while being available in 43" and 50"...but not even sold here. Best alternative to that is the Vizio V-series but I'm not entirely sure what they go for? At 55", if a V-series is more than $450 or so, I'd just spend the extra on a TCL 6 or Hisense H8F instead.
How about the Vizio M series 50 inch at costco ?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25632 posts
5927 upvotes
Stallion86 wrote: How about the Vizio M series 50 inch at costco ?
Yep that's a good one too...how much does it go for at Costco? For 50", I think Vizio-M and Hisense H8F are the best bets TBH, but as mentioned the 50" H8F isn't sold in Canada. This basically only leaves you with the Vizio. The other/first-tier brands have nothing here as LG is meh outside of OLED (55" min), Sony has nothing good at less than 55 either, and Samsung has Q60R and Q70R...the Q60R being way too expensive and not even having LD, and I'm not even sure I want to ask how much the 49" Q70R costs :lol:

Seems like most companies don't really care much about anything lower than 55" these days, but then again I guess the market doesn't either haha.
Aug 21, 2019
420 posts
250 upvotes
Markham
ES_Revenge wrote: Yep that's a good one too...how much does it go for at Costco? For 50", I think Vizio-M and Hisense H8F are the best bets TBH, but as mentioned the 50" H8F isn't sold in Canada. This basically only leaves you with the Vizio. The other/first-tier brands have nothing here as LG is meh outside of OLED (55" min), Sony has nothing good at less than 55 either, and Samsung has Q60R and Q70R...the Q60R being way too expensive and not even having LD, and I'm not even sure I want to ask how much the 49" Q70R costs :lol:

Seems like most companies don't really care much about anything lower than 55" these days, but then again I guess the market doesn't either haha.
Yeah got the vizio m series with additional $50 promo code with the annual membership gift deal at costco
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25632 posts
5927 upvotes
Stallion86 wrote: Yeah got the vizio m series with additional $50 promo code with the annual membership gift deal at costco
Sounds good...but how much was it? Also 50" is smallest in Canada right? I don't think they have the 43" M over here?
Aug 21, 2019
420 posts
250 upvotes
Markham
ES_Revenge wrote: Sounds good...but how much was it? Also 50" is smallest in Canada right? I don't think they have the 43" M over here?
$479.