• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2017 11:35 am
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26013 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA

Bug with Expiry Date Field

There seems to be a bug with the expiry date field, where if you initially set the expiry date to be some date in the future (i.e. whenever the deal ends), then come back to the thread AFTER that date to mark it as dead/modify the post or title, the forum does not allow you to save those changes without updating the expiry date to today or some date in the future. This does not make sense, since the original expiry date that was specified was in fact valid (with the understanding that now it is in the past). For posts that are just being updated, there shouldn't be a validation check on the expiry date field if the field was already populated in the first place. An example thread where I just experienced this is:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ebay-can ... 9-2111584/

I just came back to update the title to mark it as dead and had to update the expiry date to today, even though the expiry date was yesterday (I knew this and populated that field when I posted).
1 reply
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
We're actually in the process of implementing a change which allows users to expire their own threads. This should resolve the issue because if the deal is done, it should be moved to the corresponding expired forum. That feature should hopefully be out next week.

We do understand that sometimes an OP will need to be modified past the expiry date so we will also look into allowing editing past the expiry date without needing to modify it to a future date.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)