Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Build-A-Bear

Build-A-Bear Pay Your Age Day

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2018 2:57 am
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
DrunkenStupor wrote: I saved more than $20!!! 2 borrowed kids didn't show up. Three borrowed kids did. One borrowed kid had a uber hot mom that loves RFD...

Too bad I told her I am married when we messaged each other.

Also gave each kid a bunch of McDonalds toys (extras) and chocolate from Halloween that will expire in a month.
Show us the bears Smiling Face With Heart-shaped EyesSmiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Feb 29, 2004
177 posts
185 upvotes
Look how maniacally happy my daughter is. Got in line at Metrotown at 8:30 and got into the store at 11.
Images
  • IMG-20180712-WA0017.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7362 posts
8433 upvotes
GTA
TifaLockhart wrote: Look how maniacally happy my daughter is. Got in line at Metrotown at 8:30 and got into the store at 11.
Suddenly, pandas Face With Tears Of Joy
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7362 posts
8433 upvotes
GTA
DrunkenStupor wrote: I saved more than $20!!! 2 borrowed kids didn't show up. Three borrowed kids did. One borrowed kid had a uber hot mom that loves RFD...

Too bad I told her I am married when we messaged each other.

Also gave each kid a bunch of McDonalds toys (extras) and chocolate from Halloween that will expire in a month.
Wait, what? Uber hot mom? You're telling me that "Can I borrow your kids to buy stuff animals" works as a pickup line?

Your secrets, shares them with me...
c'mon get happy!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
250strong wrote: The only reason why everyone was so hyped about this promotion is because its normally so overpriced. I went to West Edmonton Mall at 9:15. Saw that the line went from the Ice Rink all the way down to the boat and around the other side. Turned around and went to get breakfast. Lines for boxing day/black friday aren't ever this long. and for what? a cheap stuffed bear? no thanks. Of course I would want my kids to have a stuffed toy, but for the regular price or waiting in line for 6 hours? no thanks. Big props to everyone who woke up at 6 am to get their bears. I couldnt do it. Not hardcore enough.
If people used like 1.28 brain cells they’d realize it’s not worth their time to wait 6-8 to get some stupid stuffed bear.

Bloody hell. I like a good deal but I also value my time. All of these promos turn out to be massive shit shows.

My advice to anyone is to avoid all of these like the plague. I’m sure as hell not waiting in line for 4 hours to get a 67 cent hamburger or a $3 stuffed bear. I might do it if they were giving away half priced Maserati’s though.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote: If people used like 1.28 brain cells they’d realize it’s not worth their time to wait 6-8 to get some stupid stuffed bear.

Bloody hell. I like a good deal but I also value my time. All of these promos turn out to be massive shit shows.

My advice to anyone is to avoid all of these like the plague. I’m sure as hell not waiting in line for 4 hours to get a 67 cent hamburger or a $3 stuffed bear. I might do it if they were giving away half priced Maserati’s though.
There's a hive mentality to all these deals. Regardless of the logic of cost of loss of time, majority will still line up for these deals. It's why Boxing Day continues to exist even though Black Friday and 12 Days of Christmas Deals tend to be better.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135812 upvotes
888888 upvotes
Did anyone get the lineup pictures to share?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
TifaLockhart wrote: Look how maniacally happy my daughter is. Got in line at Metrotown at 8:30 and got into the store at 11.
Not sure if I had spoken to you in the elevator coming up from the panda expo but if so, kudos to you again.... I also wanted a Chase and Skye for my daughter but by the time I got to the mall, the line was way too long
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
BernardRyder wrote: Suddenly, pandas Face With Tears Of Joy
lol it's the Canada wide panda promo expo whatever you call it. They might have started in BC and are working their way across Canada. It's a WWF thing.
Thatdealguy wrote: Did anyone get the lineup pictures to share?
Metro was basically from the BAB workshop all the way down to Children's Place/Yogun Fruz when I was there at around noon. I would never be able to survive waiting in line for 3 hours with my daughter..
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
Happy kid Smiling Face With Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6106 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
? half a day? my sis in law was there from 830am-530pm. for two UNSTUFFED pelts. there was another line to stuff. pathetic and nothing to be proud of. my time has value.

may this wretched promo never show its ugly face again.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
dyalect wrote: ? half a day? my sis in law was there from 830am-530pm. for two UNSTUFFED pelts. there was another line to stuff. pathetic and nothing to be proud of. my time has value.

may this wretched promo never show its ugly face again.
I think beyond a certain point it becomes the principle of the matter. If I waited four hours in line for $30 worth of savings I’d probably have the mentality that there’s no god damn way I’m leaving without getting what I came for, even though it might be better to cut my losses and leave the line.

Rational thinking would say it would be better to reassess the situation and realize the fact that one is wasting almost an entire day to get some dumb stuffed animal. Then give ones head a shake and immediately leave the line and go do something useful.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6106 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
Battle of wills. Herd of mostly women and past that 5hr mark no one wants to appear weak or disappoint their child which is insane. Wasting a day for this is bunk. This is more about the parents than the kids as the "winners" ran home to post pics on facebook. (to make those who did not get feel bad?!?) The mothers and fathers who took her child to park, library or read their kid a book that day had a much more useful day than this bear nonsense. During wifes summer purge found both bears for a my kids. Played with for 2 seconds and flung back in closet. Food for thought. lmao
Apr 14, 2006
415 posts
277 upvotes
I got one of those $15 online vouchers. Anyone know if there is any stuffed item that will fit this price range?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)