• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2017 8:17 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
May I ask; are you building a duplicator? Why the 2 Bluray burner?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1997 posts
1190 upvotes
Regina
The reason for the 2 BluRay drives is so I can burn two discs at once. I do video transfer work.

Also no plan to replace the case fans.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1997 posts
1190 upvotes
Regina
I have the system built.

Fractal Define R5
Intel i7 7700 with stock lintel fan
Asus r9 280X

I am noticing an annoying hum sound that ramps up every once in awhile. I am assuming the sound is my stock Intel fan?
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
2221 posts
1083 upvotes
Saint John
waloshin wrote: I have the system built.

Fractal Define R5
Intel i7 7700 with stock lintel fan
Asus r9 280X

I am noticing an annoying hum sound that ramps up every once in awhile. I am assuming the sound is my stock Intel fan?
Definitely the stock fan. It's a piece of crap. Just goes to show that a case with decent sound dampening like the R5 can't do much if the parts inside are noisy.

For a cheap replacement: https://www.amazon.ca/CRYORIG-Mini-Towe ... 0177GTTB0/

The Hyper212 series by Cooler Master is also good. You can often find it on sale for around $30.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
The noise might also be coming from HDD. I have a silent pc with HDD being the only thing making a noise when its in use.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
2221 posts
1083 upvotes
Saint John
osuman wrote: The noise might also be coming from HDD. I have a silent pc with HDD being the only thing making a noise when its in use.
True. It could also be the HDD if you have one. If the hum goes up and down in pitch depending on CPU load, it's the CPU fan. If it just ramps up when you open a file on a drive that hasn't been in use (i.e. when the drive spins up from idle), then it's an HDD.

A truly silent PC IMO has to spinning diskless. HDDs make a lot of noise no matter what you do, although an elastic suspension system can make a difference (for the hum, if not the seek noises).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)