Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bulk Barn

Bulk Barn (save 25%) Reuseable Container Program

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2019 1:04 pm
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13064 posts
3756 upvotes

[Bulk Barn] Bulk Barn (save 25%) Reuseable Container Program

Not sure how it would work but I assume you have to have them weigh your container empty and then weight it once you make your purchase?

Seems like a nice promo. Discount is decent.
76 replies
Nov 12, 2014
440 posts
394 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Yes that's correct. They'll weigh just your container first. make sure you approach a cashier before you start shopping
Apr 14, 2017
749 posts
717 upvotes
Not worth the hassle since it doesn't stack with other discounts.
Jan 19, 2007
728 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
pny128 wrote: Not worth the hassle since it doesn't stack with other discounts.
It's not too much extra hassle. Deal is good for things you want but aren't particularly on sale at the time you're there. You just give them your container(s) and they markup the weights on them. Takes like 30 seconds. Also, for the environmental warriors it helps save some plastic bag waste.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
People can scoop stuff in theirs and if it’s too much they scoop it back into the bulk barn bin. Perfect way to get cross contamination’s
Jun 25, 2019
29 posts
97 upvotes
simplypop wrote: People can scoop stuff in theirs and if it’s too much they scoop it back into the bulk barn bin. Perfect way to get cross contamination’s
At least Bulk Barn is trying. We've got to do something about single use packaging. Making excuses as to why you can't doesn't help. We've been using this method for a while.and it works great.
Nov 5, 2018
13 posts
31 upvotes
Ontario
I don't think of it as a discount, I think of it as a premium for all y'all single-use-plastic using folks Winking Face

Edit: The ;) wink is too aggressive! lol.
Last edited by ColtinC30775 on Sep 12th, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
I haven't seen bulk barn $3 off $10 in sometime. Have they stopped giving the coupon or I missed out?
BTW, I fully support any efforts made towards environment preservation even if brings some hassle.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
onepoint21 wrote: At least Bulk Barn is trying. We've got to do something about single use packaging. Making excuses as to why you can't doesn't help. We've been using this method for a while.and it works great.
Ya it works good if people wash containers. But with the 1% of idiots out there, it'll ruin it for everyone or get someone sick.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13064 posts
3756 upvotes
musicmastomagic wrote: I haven't seen bulk barn $3 off $10 in sometime. Have they stopped giving the coupon or I missed out?
BTW, I fully support any efforts made towards environment preservation even if brings some hassle.
In the last couple of months it has been more of $5 off $20 so basically 25% off.

I have not seen the $3 for $10 in a while too unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1041 posts
1292 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
Help to Save the environment and just Fill your reuseable pockets.
Get unsalted products to save paying tax.
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
Bought $130 worth of organic stuff I use to make a cereal mix and came to $100. For some of the higher price items you can’t find anywhere else it’s awesome.

It’s best to bring same containers to reduce weighting all of the containers one after another at the store front. Yes cross contamination can happen but as long as your not allergic then overall risk is small. At least in my eyes.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Dec 23, 2015
325 posts
985 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
simplypop wrote: People can scoop stuff in theirs and if it’s too much they scoop it back into the bulk barn bin. Perfect way to get cross contamination’s
If your worried about cross contamination bulk barn is not the store for you
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1915 posts
4828 upvotes
To grow up in a society where we worry about "cross contamination" with containers at BULK BARN, which is the exact reason why so many people have less than ideal immune systems.

I don't deny the fact that it is possible some one in a million person will use a container that they used to store raw pork in and didn't clean properly, but I think that's where the cashiers come in
Sep 21, 2008
655 posts
1019 upvotes
My raw pork container works great in all the bulk barn bins :D
Banned
Sep 15, 2019
95 posts
11 upvotes
Any idea how long dry bulk items last before going stale?
Quinoa
Almonds
Flax
Chia
Sesame
Brazil nuts
Walnuts
Hazelnuts/filberts

Its great but they should give 50% for encouraging our own containers, they arent cheap prices just that they do bulk so u can try a small amount and toss if you dont like it in a recipe, etc unlike major grocery chains... Bulk barn can certainly afford to give such a 50% discount tbh...
They do have some nice stock of things usually not available other places, just wish they had more things that are hard to find and have to go hunting and discover in a small mom and pop place... All for mom and pop stores but big chains should also carry hard to find things, its not easy to get around here in the artic north (and im in toronto) and accessibility is super important for the disabled as well...
Aug 8, 2010
361 posts
324 upvotes
Quebec
UWOD2020 wrote: I don't deny the fact that it is possible some one in a million person will use a container that they used to store raw pork in and didn't clean properly, but I think that's where the cashiers come in
Oh yeah, that bored out of his mind casher that forget about the meat in my hamburger, I’m reassured.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
Sweet deal
Sometimes I get $3 off 10 but cap at $10
Oct 16, 2006
315 posts
334 upvotes
Waterloo
I love when people know how much discount a company can afford and what the price of things should be. Why stop at 50% though.
MoMoneyNow wrote: Any idea how long dry bulk items last before going stale?
Quinoa
Almonds
Flax
Chia
Sesame
Brazil nuts
Walnuts
Hazelnuts/filberts

Its great but they should give 50% for encouraging our own containers, they arent cheap prices just that they do bulk so u can try a small amount and toss if you dont like it in a recipe, etc unlike major grocery chains... Bulk barn can certainly afford to give such a 50% discount tbh...
They do have some nice stock of things usually not available other places, just wish they had more things that are hard to find and have to go hunting and discover in a small mom and pop place... All for mom and pop stores but big chains should also carry hard to find things, its not easy to get around here in the artic north (and im in toronto) and accessibility is super important for the disabled as well...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)