PC & Video Games

Destiny: Age of Triumph Mar. 28 (Destiny 2 in PC Confirmed!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2021 12:08 am
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Neovingian wrote: The deal doesn't surprise me, too back its with activision, keep in mind how succesful Halo was, it was HUGE and the franchise has already grossed over $1billi and COD over $5billi I think,... Bungie they couldn't have went anywhere they wanted, its unfortunate that MSFT retianed the rights to Halo and kept most of the profits. While I haven't seen the finished product I'm sure Destiny is and will be better than any current or Halo sequel that 343 could ever make.
It's one of the biggest for a new ip, no idea how that translates into over all financial backing rating. As for ms keeping the profits and the halo name I see nothing wrong with it. Ms owned them after all
Oct 11, 2010
754 posts
81 upvotes
What's with the maxi-pad as a logo?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
LOL maxi pad, I thought it was something else. Thi sgame can't get here soon enough, its one of 3 titles on my must buy PS4/Xbone list.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6115 posts
1696 upvotes
Milton
according to the Amazon US listing for Destiny,
"Pre-order Destiny and receive access to the upcoming beta. Beta will be available in early 2014 on the following platforms: PS4 system, PS3 system, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. Limited time only. While beta codes last. Internet connection is required."

This is not available for the Amazon CA..
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
ehh, these massive multiplayer online only games....I don't know...I've never gotten into these. They just seem so repetitive.

I don't know. We'll see I guess.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
spena wrote: according to the Amazon US listing for Destiny,
"Pre-order Destiny and receive access to the upcoming beta. Beta will be available in early 2014 on the following platforms: PS4 system, PS3 system, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. Limited time only. While beta codes last. Internet connection is required."

This is not available for the Amazon CA..
Thx, just pre-ordered to get the extras and beta access then I may cancel the pre-order since its not set to come out til July 2014 - ouch!
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6115 posts
1696 upvotes
Milton
Neovingian wrote: Thx, just pre-ordered to get the extras and beta access then I may cancel the pre-order since its not set to come out til July 2014 - ouch!
Waiting for the collector edition to be announced but its a def buy for me. Also new trailer is out:

Destiny - The Moon Trailer
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
I am super excited for it. That must have been PC footage right?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6115 posts
1696 upvotes
Milton
Super strokey wrote: I am super excited for it. That must have been PC footage right?
announced for consoles only, "The game was first confirmed to be released on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 at the PS4 reveal event on February 20, 2013. Bungie also revealed that both the PS3 and PS4 versions will receive exclusive content. They later confirmed that the game would be released on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.[26]"
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
spena wrote: announced for consoles only, "The game was first confirmed to be released on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 at the PS4 reveal event on February 20, 2013. Bungie also revealed that both the PS3 and PS4 versions will receive exclusive content. They later confirmed that the game would be released on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.[26]"
I didnt know that, i guess the footage was from the PS4 version then as I dont think they have shown the xbox one yet. Game is going to look great. Im super pumped for it. Besides inFamous its my number 1 most looked forward to game.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
I'm really trying to love this game. I love bungie as a developer all the way back to myth and Marathon and I have this game preordered. But I just can't seem to get excited about it, it just doesn't look very fun to me.

A part of that might be that I was hoping for something more like Halo and we got something more like Borderlands which I could never seem to enjoy. I guess I don't have the patience for a game that involves grinding and item collecting anymore but I could be way off on what I'm expecting/seeing about this game.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Can someone just summarize what makes this game special and different from say Planetside 2 or something? I just never really understood these online only mass shooters. No story or plot, same level/maps repeating endlessly, same objectives every time..

I've only played Planetside2 and Dust, and I played for a few days and stopped....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6115 posts
1696 upvotes
Milton
SuperDuperFox wrote: Can someone just summarize what makes this game special and different from say Planetside 2 or something? I just never really understood these online only mass shooters. No story or plot, same level/maps repeating endlessly, same objectives every time..

I've only played Planetside2 and Dust, and I played for a few days and stopped....
probably the major selling point is that its from Bungie and people would be expecting Bungie-quality experiance and going to be released on the next gen consoles
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote: Can someone just summarize what makes this game special and different from say Planetside 2 or something? I just never really understood these online only mass shooters. No story or plot, same level/maps repeating endlessly, same objectives every time..

It wont be anything like planetside or dust other than there will be lots of people. Its very story driven.

As for those games they are very fun and its about the competition rather than the story. You dont play hockey for a story, you play it cause its fun and the competition, the thrill of winning.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
Sweet, Amazon already sent me the beta code for the pre order, not sure how they track it if I cancel the order. Seems like it can be used on any console, doesn't say it PS4 or XBone specifiic. The game look much deeper and more rpg than Halo or COD, mixed with some Mass effect and star wars. Some scenes make the game look like 3rd person and some make it out to be 1st person, I think they may have changed it tho.
Ne0's Bio:
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
2143 posts
531 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
Neovingian wrote: Sweet, Amazon already sent me the beta code for the pre order, not sure how they track it if I cancel the order. Seems like it can be used on any console, doesn't say it PS4 or XBone specifiic. The game look much deeper and more rpg than Halo or COD, mixed with some Mass effect and star wars. Some scenes make the game look like 3rd person and some make it out to be 1st person, I think they may have changed it tho.
Anyone know if Futureshop will be sending beta codes out as well? I pre-ordered my PS4 copy during the E3 sale this year.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Super strokey wrote: It wont be anything like planetside or dust other than there will be lots of people. Its very story driven.

As for those games they are very fun and its about the competition rather than the story. You dont play hockey for a story, you play it cause its fun and the competition, the thrill of winning.
Agree for sure. Well I prefer story driven experiences anyway, but how will this work? I mean, there is no campaign right?
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote: Agree for sure. Well I prefer story driven experiences anyway, but how will this work? I mean, there is no campaign right?
We still dont know too much but my understanding is that it will be closer to a MMO in its execution of the storyline. Im sure it will be clearer in the coming months.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)