PC & Video Games

Destiny: Age of Triumph Mar. 28 (Destiny 2 in PC Confirmed!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2021 12:08 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
gatorb6 wrote: Totally agree with you. Destiny definitely looked "next gen" to me. I also got the Borderlands kind of feel too with the looting and various guns they picked up. Looks like a blast to play with some buddies.
It started off being boring to me, and when the first enemies popped up, it was kind of "meh - Borderlands does the same but with more style".

Then they went outside and fought the mech-thing, and when other player-squads started showing up... that made it for me. It's like Borderlands meets Lost Planet with next gen graphics and a Rage/Defiance type of setting.

... or let's just say it's its own game, and Destiny looks awesome.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2069 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote: It started off being boring to me, and when the first enemies popped up, it was kind of "meh - Borderlands does the same but with more style".

Then they went outside and fought the mech-thing, and when other player-squads started showing up... that made it for me. It's like Borderlands meets Lost Planet with next gen graphics and a Rage/Defiance type of setting.

... or let's just say it's its own game, and Destiny looks awesome.
I am really curious about the scale of the game. I was under the impression that it was a hybrid MMO kind of game as well. How many concurrent players can play? Squad or clan size? Could be really interesting. Also is there some kind of competitive aspect too?
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
Oh yeah definitley borderlands and Lost Planet too, but then again Titan Fall looks more Lost Planety. Rumors indicate that the scale and scope of the game is huge and has infinite replay as it just keeps going.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2968 posts
685 upvotes
I'm sure there will be like a 'pvp' part where your up against other players as well as the cool looking pve. Armor customization looks awesome too.
Jul 27, 2007
948 posts
50 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote: It started off being boring to me, and when the first enemies popped up, it was kind of "meh - Borderlands does the same but with more style".

i'm like the opposite. The start of it looked really atmospheric. Once the giant mech and other squads showed up it just looked like a generic mmo monster being taken down. The sense of achievement that you get from taking down a giant monster with a couple of friends is completely diminished by 8 other strangers just standing around it in a circle pumping bullets into it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
this game is a def buy for my ps4, unless it gets released in pc
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
When I first heard about this game it was rumored to be a third person space age sci fi shooter MMORPG. Not sure if its still a MMORPG.
Oddly enough its showing up only for 360/PS3/PC no word on pricing or reease date, shouldn't it all be released at the same time for PS4 or XBone
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
gatorb6 wrote: Totally agree with you. Destiny definitely looked "next gen" to me. I also got the Borderlands kind of feel too with the looting and various guns they picked up. Looks like a blast to play with some buddies.
definitely and it looked exactly like borderlands with halo graphics, which is probably exactly how it was developed.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
Not sure whether to get this for PS3, 360, XBone or PS4, I already have 3 yrs of Live paid for til 2016, so XBone makes the most sense but nobody I know will be getting an XBone.
I just preorderedd both next gen versions and will decide. I have read that To play MP on PS4 would require a subscription.
Ne0's Bio:
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18045 posts
980 upvotes
Neovingian wrote: Not sure whether to get this for PS3, 360, XBone or PS4, I already have 3 yrs of Live paid for til 2016, so XBone makes the most sense but nobody I know will be getting an XBone.
I just preorderedd both next gen versions and will decide. I have read that To play MP on PS4 would require a subscription.
3 years? Wow that is alot... maybe take a more wait and see attitude and keep plugging away on your 360 for a bit till you see a game you just have to have on either side. You would still be able to play on 360 as well so thats good.

Multi player on the PS4 will require PS+ as well but that gets you lots of free games and what not too so thats not too bad.

None of the Media stuff is behind a paywall on the PS4 either.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18045 posts
980 upvotes
BTW have they stated if the game will need a subscription to play?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
If i buy Destiny in ps3, do i need to buy the ps4 version? if so then bungie is going to enjoy double dipping profits
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
260 upvotes
spena wrote: If i buy Destiny in ps3, do i need to buy the ps4 version? if so then bungie is going to enjoy double dipping profits
i want to see the comparison of ps3 vs ps4 versions but game looked awesome what they showed, reminded me of borderlands + halo together
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
I thought the same thing but will end up getting it for XBone since I already have live account with yrs stacked + and I don't know too many ppl who will be getting PS+ just to play multiplayer games. I will not be getting PS+.

The demos they showed were on the PS4, its also rumored the XBone/PS4 versions of Destiny may have bonus content and will have befed up textures and will be capable of running in native 1080p at 60fps. I highly doubt PS3 and 360 versions will be running at 60fps.
Ne0's Bio:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Finally got around to watching the E3 Presentation of this.
First of all what a beautiful game, there is nothing I love more in games than a vast deep world where you can see huge pillars miles away from you and this was a great demonstration of it. I am a huge Halo & Marathon fanboy and this looks like a cross between the two combined with the RPG aspects of Borderlands.

It's been years since I've been excited about gaming but between this and Titanfall I'm having a hard time containing myself
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18045 posts
980 upvotes
Super strokey wrote: BTW have they stated if the game will need a subscription to play?
Im sure other people know this but Destiny does NOT require a monthly fee. From what I have read it seen it sounds like it will be very similar to Guild Wars 2 in its implementation. VERY EXCITED!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
This game is in my top 5 pre orders, its one of the few FPS that isn't a sequel. Its been reported Bungie signed a groundbreaking 10 yr deal with Activistion to publish the game and they already have sequels planned. Its a shame the game won't drop til 2014. My guess is the first game with be free from subscription fees and the sequels will have fees.
Ne0's Bio:
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2010
3784 posts
181 upvotes
Barrie
FlyingSquirrel wrote: i'm like the opposite. The start of it looked really atmospheric. Once the giant mech and other squads showed up it just looked like a generic mmo monster being taken down. The sense of achievement that you get from taking down a giant monster with a couple of friends is completely diminished by 8 other strangers just standing around it in a circle pumping bullets into it.
Sometimes... Borderlands was still fun with 4 players.
We don't know, so it's possible. And it's possible, so it's probably probable.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
spena wrote: just read that Activision's investment to Destiny is one of the biggest in the industry . Just dont like how the article is placing Destiny and Call of Duty in the same article. Alsp might be worth picking up the collectors if the hype is worth it.
The deal doesn't surprise me, too back its with activision, keep in mind how succesful Halo was, it was HUGE and the franchise has already grossed over $1billi and COD over $5billi I think,... Bungie they couldn't have went anywhere they wanted, its unfortunate that MSFT retianed the rights to Halo and kept most of the profits. While I haven't seen the finished product I'm sure Destiny is and will be better than any current or Halo sequel that 343 could ever make.
Ne0's Bio:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)