Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6807 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:24 am
In my experience this does not mean you will be assessed duties, it just means they are looking into the paperwork. The retailer (Burberry) should already have paid the duties and the paperwork will show such, so customs needs to check that.
Correct. Duties has already been cleared by Burberry.

The total cost is what's listed on the item on Burberry website. No surprise taxes or customs.

Why it's so much better to order online compared to buy in store.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1452 posts
174 upvotes
Edmonton
peregrine01 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:02 pm
Does anyone know how long the Burberry sale will last? And whether the items will be discounted further by the end of the year?
This is the first year that the sale coincided with Black Friday. Usually the sale lasts 3 weeks. There are no additional markdowns however this year may be different.
Dec 26, 2010
486 posts
159 upvotes
phoreoneone wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:50 am
My wallet is saying to me "no pls I've had enough"

The deals are pretty good though...
My wallet did the same, so I replace it. Thanks OP
Dec 24, 2008
10 posts
Kitchener
Does anyone know if collect-in-store is still an option or ever was an option? Appears on the website that collect in store is not available for orders shipped to Canada but was mentioned in past threads on RFD..
Thanks
May 31, 2008
66 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Collect in store is till available if you ask an associate to place the order in store for you. They're quite willing at doing this for you. I think it still counts towards their sales quota even if it's ordered online in store. All the perks of no duties/taxes/shipping still apply. I've done it several times with my favorite salesperson.
Sep 14, 2015
991 posts
412 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
I am praying my wife won’t check Rfd recently...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
7027 posts
292 upvotes
deal is over? Seeing regular prices for all the wallets now.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 23, 2009
207 posts
20 upvotes
BrokenWings wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:42 pm
Does anyone know if collect-in-store is still an option or ever was an option? Appears on the website that collect in store is not available for orders shipped to Canada but was mentioned in past threads on RFD..
Thanks
Can confirm. I just message an associate and they'll have it ready for me to pick up.
Jun 18, 2006
18 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby
When calling the store over the phone, do I need to provide the sales associate the full credit card info at the same time? I am eyeing on a coat but unsure of its sizing. Could I ask the store to order me two sizes and return one right in the store without being charged additional fees?
Jul 23, 2009
207 posts
20 upvotes
ttoommyy wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:13 pm
No tax?
No tax on Burberry online orders. Part of the trade agreement with UK.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1066 posts
702 upvotes
Chai wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:53 am
No tax on Burberry online orders. Part of the trade agreement with UK.
No it’s not part of that. There has never been tax charged even in previous years.
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1066 posts
702 upvotes
lindago wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:32 am
Is this in store as well? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Don’t believe so! But I mean, it’s free shipping and no tax or duties so might as well buy online
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.