296 upvotes
Vancouver
ahlong wrote: Cheapest I remember them being is 1.79
I think $1.49 was in the USA
Oct 17, 2009
850 posts
1540 upvotes
Gbyrd wrote: Minimum wage increase
Horseshit. Why do you buy that corporate greed propaganda? You really think it costs burger king a dollar more for an employee to dip nuggets into grease? You really that vapid?
Jan 21, 2017
209 posts
165 upvotes
Nonsense.

Think about it. Take those BK Nuggets for example. Price went up by $1. There's probably about 6 employees at BK working at one time every hour. For the sake of argument, let's pretend they all make minimum wage and got a raise. That's $12 an hour they need to recover. How many do they sell in an hour, not even counting everything else they sell during the day? I'd venture to guess they sell at least 2 dozens an hour and that is probably being very conservative. Add the sale of Whoppers, fries, drinks and everything else they sell during that time, which were also jacked up, you now see that they've exploited the opportunity to increase their revenues substantially.

We all hate Wynne but let's be real, companies are being greedy here and they even began increasing prices dramatically in the last 2-3 years. They are pushing the economy towards a recession. You can smell it coming. I do like the fact that some companies came out against the rest of the corporate world and denounced the falsehood that was being spread around about the impact of the increase in minimum wage. Yes, some companies were going to feel it more then others but it wasn't most of them and a mere $0.05 increase on items was going to cover the cost for most. Unfortunately, consumers are stupid for the most part.
Dec 6, 2008
254 posts
141 upvotes
Ontario
Love when em nuggets have been stacked under the warmer for 3 hours...mmmmmmmm
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15059 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
Lukus2017 wrote: We all hate Wynne but let's be real,
We'll all hate Doug Ford soon enough...
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15059 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
Has nothing to do with it. Carefully done, prices can actually go down (or stay the same) when wages go up because more people buy more or show up more often.
Unfortunately, eventually prices DO have to increase because if prices are too low, the place gets too busy with too many customers.
It's not good when potential paying customers turn away thinking a place is too busy.
All being said, I still say there's room to maintain $1.99 for 10 BK nuggets, at least, for now...
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1326 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Used to be 1.99 for 10 as others stated. Would not pay 2.99 lol
😎Thanks RFD😎
Apr 24, 2011
349 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
Is it just me who doesn't mind a little snack for $3? I loved it when it was $2 like anyone else but I still think $3 isn't too bad for a low quality snack lol 6 nuggets for Mcds is what, like $5?

What I do miss is the 2 whoppers for $5 though
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6111 posts
1911 upvotes
Montreal
axis81 wrote: Is it just me who doesn't mind a little snack for $3? I loved it when it was $2 like anyone else but I still think $3 isn't too bad for a low quality snack lol 6 nuggets for Mcds is what, like $5?
For a sec I thought I wasn't on RFD anymore.
Jun 26, 2007
828 posts
573 upvotes
Topramen wrote: Who even really knows? Supposedly chicken.
Chicken skin is legally chicken.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1923 posts
707 upvotes
Montreal
it was okay at $1.49
no way i'm paying double for a bag of grease
Aug 27, 2017
155 posts
114 upvotes
Is BK trash tier everywhere? I've gone maybe five times in my lifetime, with the last few times due to RFD, and to different locations, and they are all just...sad. Store looks empty and decrepit, employees look like they don't gaf, and of course the food resembles the outcome of this carelessness. I remember feeling ripped off with the 2 Whoppers for $5 deal. It's like the Zellers of fast food.
Koodo 6GB $40/month
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4024 posts
2358 upvotes
That's what drivethrus are for. Whoppers special heavy all done with a special in my opinion best value you can get for fast food