Expired Hot Deals

[Burger King] 10 Nuggets for $2.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2018 3:15 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10292 posts
2874 upvotes
ceptionin wrote: Is BK trash tier everywhere? I've gone maybe five times in my lifetime, with the last few times due to RFD, and to different locations, and they are all just...sad. Store looks empty and decrepit, employees look like they don't gaf, and of course the food resembles the outcome of this carelessness. I remember feeling ripped off with the 2 Whoppers for $5 deal. It's like the Zellers of fast food.
Local BK is fine, clean.

Head office should put some effort into the brand in Canada though. Almost never see a new BK and there aren't many around. Meanwhile you see Tim's and McDonald's go in every new plaza.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8168 posts
1691 upvotes
Toronto
Gbyrd wrote: Minimum wage increase
The price was raised to $2.99 a few months ago, well before the minimum wage increase happened.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12299 posts
1910 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
MikoWilson wrote: Horseshit. Why do you buy that corporate greed propaganda? You really think it costs burger king a dollar more for an employee to dip nuggets into grease? You really that vapid?
Agreed. It's a joke. Many mom n pop stores and restaurants are increasing prices across the board. They always give the same damn excuse - min. wage increase. ORLY?? When you only have 2 workers on staff... How does that increase everything by 50 cents - $1?? So if you only have 2 min. wage workers on staff that's an extra $16/day (assume each works 8hr shifts). Just increasing the most popular 3-4 items by 50 cents more than covers the wage increase. It's bull. It's just profit mongering every year using min. wage as an excuse.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3099 posts
1058 upvotes
pretty good, they give 2 sauces now, before it was 1 sometimes (I asked)
gave me 11 by accident, will go again.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10292 posts
2874 upvotes
GSXXRR wrote: Don't post BK nuggets deal, unless it's less than $1.99 or you will get down-voted like crazy.
It's still way cheaper than McDonalds so it's not a BAD deal but it's certainly isn't a good deal anymore.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1597 posts
606 upvotes
In one thread Tim Hortons is bashed for trying to cut costs so they can keep prices competitive. In another thread people bash BK for raising prices.

Lol oh the double standard.
Aug 24, 2006
613 posts
91 upvotes
Scarborough
Just picked up 20 nuggets and 2 boxes of their chicken fries for the kids to keep busy in the car.

Reached destination to find out there were coupons mailed out lately offering 10 nuggets + Lg Fries for $3.99 among other deals.

I also thought the nuggets were a tiny bit larger than they were when being sold for $1.99
Images
  • 1521224438595544407957.jpg
Last edited by ahlavanthan on Mar 16th, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25211 posts
5464 upvotes
qbarnes95 wrote: RIP 10 for 1.99 :(
+30 for you, -21 for OP (though he does get to -14 by way of 7 upvotes, lol).

+1 for both of you from me though :) $2 was better but prices, esp. at restaurants in ON, are not going anywhere but up now. So $3 still a deal. I don't really like their nuggets much though, so there's that.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15047 posts
2902 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: but prices, esp. at restaurants in ON, are not going anywhere but up now. So $3 still a deal. I don't really like their nuggets much though, so there's that.
The fast food places, yes, but be aware of restaurants that have not raised any menu prices. Read the bottom of the menu carefully.
If the prices seem to be the same, chances are, the secret hidden increase is the forced tip. (averages between 10-15%)
Before that, a customer was free to use their own judgement on how much to tip, and there was no tax on their tip.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3099 posts
1058 upvotes
appleb wrote: The price was raised to $2.99 a few months ago, well before the minimum wage increase happened.
What?! they had these for $2.99 for months? why didn't anyone post it
I just found out about it last week