Expired Hot Deals

[Burger King] 2 Cheeseburgers, Small Drink, Small Fries - $4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2018 8:09 am
Jan 1, 2018
443 posts
567 upvotes
the red-meat free eaters never get a deal lol....
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25230 posts
5496 upvotes
hoodlum wrote: 32g of protein for the 2 cheese burgers. Definitely more than most other Fast Food burgers. The McPicks double cheese burger has only 21g of protein, so definitely not comparable.
The meat protein is essentially the same, however; and it's not significantly "more than most fast food burgers" at all...

What you're forgetting is bread has protein (that is "incomplete" protein) and cheese has protein as well, which counts towards the 32g. With a McDouble you only get 1slice of cheese, two beef patties, and one bun; with two cheeseburgers you're getting 2x the cheese and 2x the bread.

A regular McDonald's cheeseburger has 15g of protein so two of them would have 30g--2g difference which is nothing and likely is probably +/- at least 1g in both cases anyway due to production variances.

However of course McD's in Canada doesn't have a "2 Cheeseburgers Meal" like they do in the US, so yes for the same money you're getting more protein and more calories (from extra bread and cheese) for the money, although I'm not sure how the fry calories stack up since with McD's you get more fries.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1634 posts
1668 upvotes
Toronto
only on RFD, you get arguments over fast food calories
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15087 posts
2923 upvotes
Toronto
sdgundam wrote: $4.99 is attractive price. But the burgers are tiny.
Knowing how inflation rolls, watch this time next year, a similar deal for $4.99, I'm guessing will be one double cheeseburger with small fries and small drink, saving them on the cost of the extra bun, no doubt...
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1484 posts
1309 upvotes
Maple Ridge
It was big enough for my lunch.
I'm not small eater.
Serving size is same as McD cheese burger x2
$5 including drink, can't go wrong
Nov 18, 2012
810 posts
373 upvotes
Longueuil
i train 3hrs a day and a mcdouble combo makes me almost full.. these guys probably can't even walk.
Jan 12, 2006
718 posts
110 upvotes
Edmonton
Just finished eating. These are really tiny burgers. But can't complain as they were made to my table with fries and coke.
Jan 23, 2014
66 posts
33 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
ES_Revenge wrote: The meat protein is essentially the same, however; and it's not significantly "more than most fast food burgers" at all...

What you're forgetting is bread has protein (that is "incomplete" protein) and cheese has protein as well, which counts towards the 32g. With a McDouble you only get 1slice of cheese, two beef patties, and one bun; with two cheeseburgers you're getting 2x the cheese and 2x the bread.

A regular McDonald's cheeseburger has 15g of protein so two of them would have 30g--2g difference which is nothing and likely is probably +/- at least 1g in both cases anyway due to production variances.

However of course McD's in Canada doesn't have a "2 Cheeseburgers Meal" like they do in the US, so yes for the same money you're getting more protein and more calories (from extra bread and cheese) for the money, although I'm not sure how the fry calories stack up since with McD's you get more fries.
I'm pretty certain McDonald's in Canada does have a 2 Cheeseburger meal. I just had one the other day Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1634 posts
1668 upvotes
Toronto
Just had this today. Sooo bland :( I'll try Whopper next time.
Mar 4, 2007
634 posts
558 upvotes
Halifax
rubikas001 wrote: These tiny burgers have too many calories for its size. Same with all other burgers from wherever unless it's an actual burger made fresh by a good restaurant.
LOL, seriously?! It's fast food dude and you're whining about "too many calories"?
Oct 31, 2017
301 posts
76 upvotes
Be happy it's small drink and fries. It's all the calories u need. Learn to control your portions or you will get cancer.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1414 posts
744 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: It was big enough for my lunch.
I'm not small eater.
Tiny??? Hate to see what you eat in a normal day
The offer here is 560 calories for burger alone

Add in 220 for small fries & 190 for a small pop you are up to a bare minimum of 970 calories
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1414 posts
744 upvotes
RxMills wrote: No Vancouver Swiss Chalet. They closed Vancouver. Only Burnaby remains. Google Maps doesn't reflect the closure 2 years ago. They've closed the North Vancouver one too. Again, Maps doesn't reflect that.
Their own website says otherwise
https://www.swisschalet.com/store/vanco ... t-broadway

3204 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6K 2H4, Canada
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming