73 upvotes
Menu prices will continue to increase with minimum wage on the rise
Let's Go Buffalo
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4264 posts
2094 upvotes
Kitchener
Guess I'll just stick to my $0.99 giant slices of pepperoni pizza. This isn't a deal, it's complete robbery. Glad they encourage me not to buy fast food, it's not good for me anyways. If you can't keep your bill at or below $4, you pay an extra 8% tax in Ontario........I hardly ever pay the 8%.
Last edited by IntrepidRT on Dec 6th, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2007
1458 posts
157 upvotes
Victoria
nexuscardguy wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:43 pm
Menu prices will continue to increase with minimum wage on the rise
along with quality and portion sizing (buts that another discussion LOL).
Jun 1, 2015
47 posts
22 upvotes
Everyone tell your BOSS you need a raise to afford the BK price hike for your lunch....see how that goes over.
Sep 13, 2015
263 posts
73 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:49 pm
.....along with sales from minimum wage workers who suddenly have extra money to spend and don't know any better than the fact a burger is not worth $3.50.
I don't think these people realize how many of them will be let go. I've started to see self check outs everywhere
Let's Go Buffalo
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1431 posts
122 upvotes
Winnipeg
With fast food prices increasing I find myself going to the local restaurants more. Pay a bit more but the food is better. Some good burger joints locally.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6842 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
I liked 2 For $5 and even then I would think how many burgers I can get from a box of PC blue menu Angus etc instead.
The burger King I went to wasn't all that busy with 2 for $5 so not sure how this will affect their sales.
I myself never visited once it rose to 2 for $6.
I guess people who do not cook themselves are pretty inelastic anyway and will still buy.
they'll just be spending a larger chunk of their income.
Last week I picked up 2lbs of ground lean beef from Freshco and made me 6 good sized patties.
Works out to a dollar each.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2827 posts
1258 upvotes
gh05t wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:38 pm
I liked 2 For $5 and even then I would think how many burgers I can get from a box of PC blue menu Angus etc instead.
The burger King I went to wasn't all that busy with 2 for $5 so not sure how this will affect their sales.
I myself never visited once it rose to 2 for $6.
I guess people who do not cook themselves are pretty inelastic anyway and will still buy.
they'll just be spending a larger chunk of their income.
Last week I picked up 2lbs of ground lean beef from Freshco and made me 6 good sized patties.
Works out to a dollar each.
Here comes the I’ll buy a whole chicken at Costco fore the same price guy
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5379 posts
1397 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
witenite wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:55 pm
Here comes the I’ll buy a whole chicken at Costco fore the same price guy
A Costco chicken don't cost $7. They raised the price on those too.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Aug 18, 2014
335 posts
173 upvotes
Markham, ON
witenite wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:58 pm
I might get downvoted but a smart rfder would know prices have increased across the board on fast food and this is the best deal out there. I was shocked when they dropped 2 for $5 and I swore they had it for only a couple of weeks.
And now I found out Wednesday is $3.99 ...ouch
appreciate ur effort (and i didn't downvote u )

But a smart RFDer would've sign up McD App for $1 Big Mac/Mc.Chicken/Muffin everytime they want a burger.
Also, Mcd App often have $3 sandwich coupon, which now makes it cheaper than BK and you don't have to buy 2.

Btw, I like whooper more than Big Mac, but there are so few BK restaurant out there nowadays.
If you live up north like me, there are literally NO BK within 20km. (there was one on Yonge/Elgin Mills but is closed)
Even when I am craving for a whooper and dont' mind paying $6+ for one, I am not going to drive 40 mins for it when there is an Mcd everywhere 3 km.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2172 posts
831 upvotes
Ontario
In at $6 for 2; Out at $7 for 2. Will spend my $$ likely at the Chinese takeout next door instead.
There's a Subway Sub there too, but I've never considered them good value anymore either. I guess I'm gettin' old ... LOL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8147 posts
1306 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:40 pm
Did KFC get rid of their $5 snack packs?
Not yet - still $5 in the window locally.

It will be gone by Jan 1 - enjoy while you can!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8147 posts
1306 upvotes
bryan35 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:16 pm
With fast food prices increasing I find myself going to the local restaurants more. Pay a bit more but the food is better. Some good burger joints locally.
Don't kid yourself - restaurant prices are going to go up also. No business can afford to absorb this increase. It's huge.

My wife has raised prices for her party business already and will raise them a little more in January. No choice unless you want to make no money.
Sep 9, 2013
440 posts
130 upvotes
Ottawa
2 for 7 is cheaper then whopper Wednesday!