[Burger King] Burger King Canada App Coupon Deals

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2019 7:04 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1136 posts
2125 upvotes
Markham
tarushin wrote: their coupons are boring, same deals every week beside one that changes every week or so... perfect app if your a huge fan of whoppers lol
I don’t look for thrills and excitement from my fast food coupons, but whatever floats your boat man.
Dec 1, 2013
415 posts
165 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: I don’t look for thrills and excitement from my fast food coupons, but whatever floats your boat man.
lol true, but the McD's coupons you get an opportunity to try (almost) everything. The BK coupons seem to always be for the same items (Whopper, Whopper JR, etc.).
May 2, 2013
677 posts
771 upvotes
Toronto
burger king restaurants are as hard to find as 7-11 stores nowadays
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12987 posts
24186 upvotes
Scarborough
BeapChastard wrote: That would be great if there was a BK near me, but I'm not gonna drive across town. There are like 5 McD's for every BK if not more around here.
There are exactly 5 McDonald's closer to me than the nearest Burger King. They'd need to put out a pretty good coupon for me to go there instead.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Nov 5, 2008
367 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Tried the two Whoppers Jr deal today.
Two whoppers jr are probably the size of one regular whoppers so one burger is not really filling but good enough for afternoon snack.
Still like mcdouble better but this is a good alternative.
Mar 12, 2017
127 posts
59 upvotes
Velvetsmack wrote: The Whopper > Big Mac

Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock had it right.
I've never understood the appeal of the Big Mac aside from the Big Mac sauce (which is basically a modified Thousand Island dressing recipe). That middle bun is completely unnecessary and it is way too expensive.
If you order a McDouble with Big Mac Sauce (+$0.25) and lettuce (+$0.30), you get a sandwich that is virtually identical for less than half price but with the regular bun instead of the sesame seed bun and no middle bun.

When I watched a "History of the Big Mac" video on YouTube, apparently the Big Mac was invented because blue collar workers in Pennsylvania would get very hungry after their shift and need a big sandwich to satiate their appetite. I couldn't contain my laughter. McDonald's burger patties are paper-thin and the Big Mac has way too much bread. Maybe in the 1960s Big Macs used to be bigger? I understand that McDonald's needs small patties for children because parents freak out over childhood obesity these days. But there is no excuse to make 1.6 oz patties (which shrink to just over an ounce after cooked) the standard. At Burger King, the 1/4 pounder Whopper is the standard (which has 25% more meat than a Big Mac).

I only ever order big sandwiches at McDonald's with a coupon since they are way over-priced compared to the McDouble $/Kilo-wise and when I do, my go-to is always the Quarter Pounder with Cheese or an Angus (third pounder patties). The Big Mac is an over-rated sandwich that should be relegated to the dustbin of history.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2279 posts
1427 upvotes
Prince George
prod wrote: Are these single use like the McDs app?
No. They don’t disappear from the app when you use them.
NEETtrader wrote: The Big Mac is an over-rated sandwich that should be relegated to the dustbin of history.
That’s a bit extreme. It tastes good. It just needs to be, well, big. But in its current form I agree it certainly doesn’t deserve to be their flagship burger.
Apr 23, 2003
407 posts
188 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The Burger King app is actually functional -- way better than MacDonald's crap app! After creating an BK account, the app defaults to the coupon landing page.
Mar 12, 2017
127 posts
59 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: No. They don’t disappear from the app when you use them.

That’s a bit extreme. It tastes good. It just needs to be, well, big. But in its current form I agree it certainly doesn’t deserve to be their flagship burger.
Adding Big Mac sauce and lettuce to a McDouble or Quarter Pounder would basically defeat the whole point of having a Big Mac.
I only ever ordered a Big Mac or a McChicken back when I didn't know any better. Everyone knows what a Big Mac is because of McDonald's world-class advertising. It's easy to say "give me a Big Mac combo with a Coke Zero." Then you see that your meal costs $9.49 + HST and then I'm asking myself how on earth McDonald's gets their reputation for being cheap (the value menu is buried on the menu display above. heh. And you need to check the mailer coupons online and their app for offers to get the price down). Then when I found out that you can ask for big mac sauce for extra on any sandwich and that the McDouble actually has the same amount of meat as a Big Mac (less bread, no lettuce though and I think they skimp more in the toppings), I realized how pointless the Big Mac was.

The Big Mac was invented back when McDonald's Quarter Pounder and Angus did not exist. And back then people thought beef was bad for you and bread was healthy. Even today, lots of boomers still think beef is bad for you.
Feb 10, 2014
822 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
NEETtrader wrote: I've never understood the appeal of the Big Mac aside from the Big Mac sauce (which is basically a modified Thousand Island dressing recipe). That middle bun is completely unnecessary and it is way too expensive.
If you order a McDouble with Big Mac Sauce (+$0.25) and lettuce (+$0.30), you get a sandwich that is virtually identical for less than half price but with the regular bun instead of the sesame seed bun and no middle bun.

When I watched a "History of the Big Mac" video on YouTube, apparently the Big Mac was invented because blue collar workers in Pennsylvania would get very hungry after their shift and need a big sandwich to satiate their appetite. I couldn't contain my laughter. McDonald's burger patties are paper-thin and the Big Mac has way too much bread. Maybe in the 1960s Big Macs used to be bigger? I understand that McDonald's needs small patties for children because parents freak out over childhood obesity these days. But there is no excuse to make 1.6 oz patties (which shrink to just over an ounce after cooked) the standard. At Burger King, the 1/4 pounder Whopper is the standard (which has 25% more meat than a Big Mac).

I only ever order big sandwiches at McDonald's with a coupon since they are way over-priced compared to the McDouble $/Kilo-wise and when I do, my go-to is always the Quarter Pounder with Cheese or an Angus (third pounder patties). The Big Mac is an over-rated sandwich that should be relegated to the dustbin of history.
Agreed, the patties are the same in a McDouble. Just get a Mcdouble with Mac sauce and it's pretty much a Big Mac without the middle bun and a lot less.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4611 upvotes
Montreal
Velvetsmack wrote: The Whopper > Big Mac

Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock had it right.
This forum seems to have some obsession with MCD probably $1.00 coffee and free fries has people programed to go there. The price increases have been astronomical to go along with the shrinking portions. They have shrunk the Big Mac to the point where calling it 'big' is an outright lie. A&W is no better. The Whopper is one of the few burgers that has not been shrunk at all the past 20 years. Whopper trio for $5.99 is pretty cheap, used to pay that in the late 90's.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1136 posts
2125 upvotes
Markham
NEETtrader wrote: Adding Big Mac sauce and lettuce to a McDouble or Quarter Pounder would basically defeat the whole point of having a Big Mac.
I only ever ordered a Big Mac or a McChicken back when I didn't know any better. Everyone knows what a Big Mac is because of McDonald's world-class advertising. It's easy to say "give me a Big Mac combo with a Coke Zero." Then you see that your meal costs $9.49 + HST and then I'm asking myself how on earth McDonald's gets their reputation for being cheap (the value menu is buried on the menu display above. heh. And you need to check the mailer coupons online and their app for offers to get the price down). Then when I found out that you can ask for big mac sauce for extra on any sandwich and that the McDouble actually has the same amount of meat as a Big Mac (less bread, no lettuce though and I think they skimp more in the toppings), I realized how pointless the Big Mac was.

The Big Mac was invented back when McDonald's Quarter Pounder and Angus did not exist. And back then people thought beef was bad for you and bread was healthy. Even today, lots of boomers still think beef is bad for you.
Umm... Beef IS bad for you.
Mar 12, 2017
127 posts
59 upvotes
ottofly wrote: This forum seems to have some obsession with MCD probably $1.00 coffee and free fries has people programed to go there. The price increases have been astronomical to go along with the shrinking portions. They have shrunk the Big Mac to the point where calling it 'big' is an outright lie. A&W is no better. The Whopper is one of the few burgers that has not been shrunk at all the past 20 years. Whopper trio for $5.99 is pretty cheap, used to pay that in the late 90's.
Fast food is expensive as **** in Canada (or at least the GTA) for some reason. In the states, food is so cheap. It's getting really out of hand here.
It wasn't that long ago (5 years ago? Maybe 4?) that a McDouble and Jr. Chicken were $1.39. Now a McDouble is $2.29 and a Jr. Chicken is $1.99. And we're told that inflation in Canada is less than 2% per year? HA!
Nov 9, 2013
968 posts
1096 upvotes
Scarborough
NEETtrader wrote: It wasn't that long ago (5 years ago? Maybe 4?) that a McDouble and Jr. Chicken were $1.39. Now a McDouble is $2.29 and a Jr. Chicken is $1.99.
The size of the junior chicken patty is a joke. Though the only difference between a McDouble and a Big Mac is a slightly larger bun with sesame seeds and a third middle bun. You can ask to put lettuce and the sauce into a McDouble and that is not any further cost.

The Big Mac with just the marginal difference in the bun is selling for well over $5 something, which you can get two McDoubles made like a Big Mac and still come to less in cost than ordering a Big Mac alone.

They are really charging you over double the cost of the same thing for that bun actually which is a complete ripoff.