Expired Hot Deals

[Burger King] Nationwide - $1.50 Burger King original chicken sandwich (July 1st-2nd only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2017 10:43 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25218 posts
5471 upvotes
can2000 wrote: Is the spicy favor good?
It's not spicy at all, it's more like a sweet and tangy mustard or something. It's not even as spicy as Mcdonald's Hot Mustard sauce. It's better, I guess, than the mayo but the BK chicken sandwich has always been pretty poor quality and taste. I think it's pretty crap but once in a while I'll have one...that once in a while was today when I bought two since it was $1.50. The second one still sits in the bag, in the fridge now. And I only ate half 'cause I split the first one with someone else. $1.50 is good but it's almost like no matter what sauce or price you put on these things, they're still decidedly crap.

The only time I've liked the standard BK chicken is when they have the Italian version promo where they basically slather it in marinara and add mozzarella to it making it a makeshift "chicken parmesan". Actually back in the late 80s/early 90s they used to have promos where they had like three different versions--Italy, France, and one other (can't remember now). Those were all better but again it's like lipstick on a pig...or chicken, as it were.
Jun 7, 2011
45 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Just grabbed in Toronto. 2 for $3.15 is well worth it!
Sep 14, 2011
972 posts
659 upvotes
Toronto
Grabbed 4 for $6.80 @ Highway 7 / Woodbine location.
Not salty at all, way better than "M"'s junior chicken Smiling Face With Sunglasses
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2883 posts
1628 upvotes
Got one today to try it out. Definately wouldn't bother getting one again.

It was very salty and the meat was almost a grey colour inside. Very little lettuce and no tomato. Not sure if tomato is standard on this sandwich but I feel it should be.

I think the whopper is the best fast food burger out there, but this chicken sandwich was very sad. Even if it was always $1.50, I would still prefer a McDouble.

That being said, if I get fast food I'm more likely to get a shawarma anyways.
Jul 21, 2015
23 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
I've tried these a couple times but didn't like it, thought i'd give it a shot again.

No bueno guys. At least not at my location in Windsor. Chicken is never crispy (soft/soggy?) and not enough sauce. That being said, I'll probably buy another one tonight.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8532 upvotes
GTHA
uklamen wrote: Got one today to try it out. Definately wouldn't bother getting one again.

It was very salty and the meat was almost a grey colour inside. Very little lettuce and no tomato. Not sure if tomato is standard on this sandwich but I feel it should be.

I think the whopper is the best fast food burger out there, but this chicken sandwich was very sad. Even if it was always $1.50, I would still prefer a McDouble.

That being said, if I get fast food I'm more likely to get a shawarma anyways.
Tomato slices not standard, have to ask for it and it now costs extra.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4118 posts
920 upvotes
Sask.
Our son came for supper, so we sent him to BK. He got 10 sandwiches, plus poutines and fries.

There was no sign. He asked how much they were, she said 2 for $5. He asked if they had the Canada Day 1.50 deal, she said yes. (Duh, apparently one must ask!)
He had to wait a bit, they were made fresh - and still hot by the time he got them to our place.
I hadn't had one for like 10 years - forgot how big one was! Nice crunchy edges, lots of mayo - really good, actually. I had most of my poutine first, so I could eat only about 3/4 of my sandwich - and had ordered two.
Not sure how many the men are going through...

Wanted to add - my son said there was a huge lineup outside the restaurant, but there was no one in the drive-through, which is where he was going anyway.