• Oct 4th, 2016 5:04 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4487 posts
868 upvotes
Abbottabad

[Burger King] Two Chicken Sandwiches for $5

Just saw a commercial for this. Sounds like a hot deal!!
46 replies
Jul 14, 2010
657 posts
243 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: Just saw a commercial for this. Sounds like a hot deal!!
These have a ton of sodium for what they are. 1430mg each for 2860mg total if you plan on eating both. That's well over 100% of your daily intake. In comparison, a McChicken has just 770mg each.

I got this deal once and as good as they taste, the sodium is ridiculous.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
19812 posts
20129 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote: Just saw a commercial for this. Sounds like a hot deal!!
thanks OP. Been happening for awhile , at least in Toronto. No expiry on posters. Just 'limited time'. Nice deal though.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2096 posts
388 upvotes
rbl_posse wrote: These have a ton of sodium for what they are. 1430mg each for 2860mg total if you plan on eating both. That's well over 100% of your daily intake. In comparison, a McChicken has just 770mg each.

:facepalm:
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
2631 posts
3471 upvotes
Langley, BC
thread title should have the word chicken in quotes :)
Nov 22, 2012
49 posts
5 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Its 2 for $6 in Nova Scotia.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2835 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
This also applies to BK Fish.

Just had it last week I believe. 2 BK fish for $5 + tax
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1449 posts
1121 upvotes
Always noticed these were ridiculously salty
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2326 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
coriolis wrote: Everytime I crave fast food, I always look at the nutrition chart: http://burgerking.ca/sites/default/file ... rition.pdf

I still go sometimes even after looking at the sodium lol
so each burger has 680 cal/43g of fat/23g protein. it has almost double the fat than protein.. theres more fat in this than chicken. they can't call this a chicken burger, they should call it a fat burger.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8813 posts
2501 upvotes
rbl_posse wrote: These have a ton of sodium for what they are. 1430mg each for 2860mg total if you plan on eating both. That's well over 100% of your daily intake. In comparison, a McChicken has just 770mg each.

bigmackKFT wrote: Always noticed these were ridiculously salty
They are ridiculously salty to the point of inedible.
Jul 14, 2010
657 posts
243 upvotes
What's with the facepalm?

If you don't take your sodium intake seriously, enjoy your hypertension.

"This means you

It’s easy to dismiss salt as the other guy’s problem. That may be okay if you’re a lean twenty-something with a blood pressure of 110/60, but even these men are likely to face issues with salt as they grow older.

Current guidelines say no adult should consume more than 2,300 mg of sodium a day, and that people with hypertension, all middle-aged and older adults, and all African Americans should consume no more than 1,500 mg a day.

Where do you fit in? At present, about two-thirds of all American adults have hypertension or prehypertension, and the average 50-year-old has a 90% chance of developing hypertension as he ages. So if you’re like the rest of us, you’ll benefit from cutting your dietary salt."

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newslette ... our-health
Oct 14, 2010
593 posts
141 upvotes
rbl_posse wrote: What's with the facepalm?

If you don't take your sodium intake seriously, enjoy your hypertension.

"This means you

It’s easy to dismiss salt as the other guy’s problem. That may be okay if you’re a lean twenty-something with a blood pressure of 110/60, but even these men are likely to face issues with salt as they grow older.

Current guidelines say no adult should consume more than 2,300 mg of sodium a day, and that people with hypertension, all middle-aged and older adults, and all African Americans should consume no more than 1,500 mg a day.

Where do you fit in? At present, about two-thirds of all American adults have hypertension or prehypertension, and the average 50-year-old has a 90% chance of developing hypertension as he ages. So if you’re like the rest of us, you’ll benefit from cutting your dietary salt."

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newslette ... our-health
This forum is about deals. Not health.

You can easily work off the sodium intake but exercising.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4301 upvotes
I feel like chicken tonight
like chicken tonight
chicken tonight