• Nov 1st, 2017 11:53 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5269 posts
1891 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
RoyDavisG wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 12:01 pm
Lol, this isn't actually too outrageous. I do intermittent fasting so I eat once a day. If I drink a coke zero with my meal it can make a difference between consuming 2500 calories per day or 2100. It adds up.
Doesn't a can of regular Coke have around 100 calories?

Or do you drink 4 cans of diet soda per day to omit those 400 calories you speak of?

BTW, I thought that by drinking or eating ANYTHING with either a natural or artificial sweetener triggers the same response to the body that food calories (ie: a meal) will be incoming.

I recently read an article that even drinking a diet pop can throw off these levels because the body reads it as something sweet which should also be bringing in calories as well.

Or, what I read could be total BS. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Either way, now I'm craving a couple of Whoppers!!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2181 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
This wasn't valid in Toronto. There's only 2/$6
Sep 14, 2015
665 posts
333 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Thx
I know where to go dinner tomorrow/Friday evening now
Mar 13, 2017
142 posts
74 upvotes
Woah! wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 5:08 pm
Doesn't a can of regular Coke have around 100 calories?

Or do you drink 4 cans of diet soda per day to omit those 400 calories you speak of?

BTW, I thought that by drinking or eating ANYTHING with either a natural or artificial sweetener triggers the same response to the body that food calories (ie: a meal) will be incoming.

I recently read an article that even drinking a diet pop can throw off these levels because the body reads it as something sweet which should also be bringing in calories as well.

Or, what I read could be total BS. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Either way, now I'm craving a couple of Whoppers!!!!!
I think all of that stuff is BS. The fitness anf weight loss industry is a big business. The more articles they publish the more uneducated people they bring in.

The only thing that matters is calories in, calories out. I've always lost weight Even though I eat fast food or candy. It's not good health wise, but you'll lose weight.

When I go out to eat I usually get a large drink which is close to 400 calories, even more if you get multiple refills at a restaurant.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1474 posts
447 upvotes
RoyDavisG wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 6:24 pm
I think all of that stuff is BS. The fitness anf weight loss industry is a big business. The more articles they publish the more uneducated people they bring in.

The only thing that matters is calories in, calories out. I've always lost weight Even though I eat fast food or candy. It's not good health wise, but you'll lose weight.

When I go out to eat I usually get a large drink which is close to 400 calories, even more if you get multiple refills at a restaurant.
Once you're over 30 then the weight sticks with you, and usually on your face, waist, and butt. It all depends on your age.
Aug 20, 2017
55 posts
27 upvotes
bsobaid wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 11:26 am
nice.

they had this 2 for $5 and then 2 for $6 for fish or chicken for a long time though last time i had it they had significantly reduce the size. but still a good deal for filling up.
Yeah, I remember that. It was tough to eat two of fish or chicken burgers tho... way too much sodium for one sitting.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13730 posts
9223 upvotes
Toronto
Woah! wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 1:04 pm
Last I saw they were $1.99 each.

That may have changed over the Summer though.
As of this morning, downtown Toronto Yonge Street location, Whopper is $3.39 on Wednesday. $5.39 rest of the time. Extra charge for cheese/bacon.

The Whopper combo is $5.39 on Wednesday, $8.49 other times. Here you can get two Whopper combos for $10 on Wednesday too
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15864 posts
4742 upvotes
Ottawa
badOne wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 7:09 pm
2 for $6 without a drink or fries. The fries suck anyways. Just order tap water for free and grab 2 whoppers.
Yup, I made the mistake last time making them a combo, which came out close to $9/combo, which pretty much negates the whole deal :(
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2120 posts
863 upvotes
Muskoka
I just finished watching SuperSize Me. I know, the movie is over 10yrs old now. Go watch it.
Jun 30, 2009
524 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
spotts01 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:58 am
I just finished watching SuperSize Me. I know, the movie is over 10yrs old now. Go watch it.
Wasn't that kind of refuted? I thought others tried to do the exact same thing and didn't see anywhere near that guy's extreme results.

Don't get me wrong, eating fast food for every single meal of every day can't be good for you, but I don't think anyone here is advocating that. Everything in moderation.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26234 posts
6070 upvotes
GTHA
Any BK restaurants in Toronto have this deal still?
Jul 27, 2017
46 posts
34 upvotes
Burger King Whoppers are by far the best burgers among the major fast food joints. IMO.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
1854 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
I like the burgers at Harvey a little more though.
Dec 27, 2007
900 posts
149 upvotes
Edmonton
dealhunter29 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 2:57 pm
Burger King Whoppers are by far the best burgers among the major fast food joints. IMO.
No way. Five Guys beats them all.

Harveys burgers are gross. Their patties aren't even all meat. Way too much soy protein and binders. Thats why you gotta load up on their free toppies for it to even remotely taste decent.

For cheap fast food burgers

A & W and Burger King are my #1 and #2. Can't beat that real beef texture in my mouth.