Me yesterday at BK drive through

Me - "Hi can I have a Whopper please"
BK - 'That will be $4.2"
Me - "No i dont want the combo just the sandwhich"
BK - "Yes thats correct"
Me - "Isn't today Whopper Wednesdays?"
BK - "Yes it is, that's the price"

*I drive off*

Seriously maybe its been a year since I had whopper Wednesday but I swear it was like $1.99 or something for the sandwhich then..
Nov 5, 2013
126 posts
38 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
rage2021 wrote: Me yesterday at BK drive through

BK - 'That will be $4.2"
BK - "Yes thats correct"

*I drive off*

Seriously maybe its been a year since I had whopper Wednesday but I swear it was like $1.99 or something for the sandwhich then..
Had the exact same reaction last night!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2120 posts
822 upvotes
rage2021 wrote: Me yesterday at BK drive through

BK - 'That will be $4.2"
BK - "Yes thats correct"

*I drive off*

Everyone is getting ready for Jan 1st minimum wage increase.
Mar 13, 2017
245 posts
134 upvotes
dantey wrote: Everyone is getting ready for Jan 1st minimum wage increase.
Fast food prices have been going up for years. I remember just a couple of years ago, a big mac comb was no more than 7.50. Stop using the minimum wage excuse
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4275 posts
1753 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: No way. Five Guys beats them all.
I think most people agree that Five Guys is more of a "premium" fast food joint. The prices reflect it too.
Harveys burgers are gross. Their patties aren't even all meat. Way too much soy protein and binders. Thats why you gotta load up on their free toppies for it to even remotely taste decent.

I cannot agree with this enough. It's digusting.
For cheap fast food burgers

A & W and Burger King are my #1 and #2. Can't beat that real beef texture in my mouth.
I agree, except A&W is priced slightly higher than other fast food chains, and their portions have been getting annoyingly smaller over the years. I would also add Carl's Jr. into the mix of "good" burgers, except they are also very expensive.
Feb 6, 2013
611 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
This isn't better than the survey code on the back of the receipt.
Comes out to something like $3.24 for Whopper combo (small fries and drink). And it works anytime.
Jan 23, 2014
84 posts
14 upvotes
Laval, QC
badOne wrote: 2 for $6 without a drink or fries. The fries suck anyways.
Seen on TV this week: Amazing Deal!! Now -- 2 Whoppers for $7!
<sigh>
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
889 posts
1677 upvotes
Kingston, ON
ilove wrote: I think most people agree that Five Guys is more of a "premium" fast food joint. The prices reflect it too.

I cannot agree with this enough. It's digusting.

I agree, except A&W is priced slightly higher than other fast food chains, and their portions have been getting annoyingly smaller over the years. I would also add Carl's Jr. into the mix of "good" burgers, except they are also very expensive.
yes Harveys is terrible now. Carl's Jr....too bad theres none in ottawa/kingston area...
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12443 posts
2942 upvotes
RFD
Five Guys is a little overrated in my opinion, the only thing I really like from them is their Cajun Fries. Harveys is also overrated and overpriced.
I prefer Burger King, A&W, and Wendys for a regular fast food chain.

The best burger I've had was from Holy Chucks but that is not a direct competitor
dj_rice wrote: No way. Five Guys beats them all.

Harveys burgers are gross. Their patties aren't even all meat. Way too much soy protein and binders. Thats why you gotta load up on their free toppies for it to even remotely taste decent.

For cheap fast food burgers

A & W and Burger King are my #1 and #2. Can't beat that real beef texture in my mouth.