129 upvotes
Toronto
arberb wrote: Damn I remember when they were $2 each :(
I remember it being $1.79
Oct 24, 2005
943 posts
199 upvotes
Bring back big fish fridays
2006 - Pepsi/Frito Lay Win Every Hour Contest - 1279 Entries - Loser!
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5064 posts
1742 upvotes
Winnipeg
It has always been around in wpg
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3762 posts
740 upvotes
Hamilton
pompoco wrote: All beef and dairy raised in Canada is hormone and antibiotics "free" as it is illegal to use it in the feed and preventative. Antibiotics are only allowed for treatment but then will be (supposed to) monitored strictly before allowed to be used in the foodchain...
Nice try A&W I LOL'd when I saw these commercials... It is of course a whole different story south of the border.
Supercooled wrote: I honestly didn't know this and I suspect 90% of people don't either which is why they made that commercial trying to pass it off as some advantage their store/company has over their competition.

read post #42 for actual facts.
They made that commercial because it very much does matter. Canada does use hormones and antibiotics religiously in beef unless stated. And even then, studies showed the organic stuff to be contaminated as well. Lots of TV expose and studies on this.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3762 posts
740 upvotes
Hamilton
ram77 wrote: About 30%. But sure, lets round it up to 'double'.

WW was $1.99 last time I had one... (not *that* long ago).
It was 1.99 here not 6 months ago!
Then early spring, whopper wednesdays stopped. Then my BK visits stopped. Simple as that.
May 5, 2009
268 posts
28 upvotes
Whoppers are soggy and tasteless. For like 7 bux you can buy everything to make your own BBQ burgers that will taste 100x better tasting and a whole lot better for you.
Jan 26, 2011
221 posts
84 upvotes
gta
freshane wrote: Whoppers are soggy and tasteless. For like 7 bux you can buy everything to make your own BBQ burgers that will taste 100x better tasting and a whole lot better for you.
7 bux plus several hundred for a grill, gas tanks, gas and the cost of your time. Of course, your time may be worthless.

Also, show mew the evidence that home made hamburgers are better for you than Whoppers.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3762 posts
740 upvotes
Hamilton
robson1 wrote: 7 bux plus several hundred for a grill, gas tanks, gas and the cost of your time. Of course, your time may be worthless.

Also, show mew the evidence that home made hamburgers are better for you than Whoppers.
Lol.
I really gotta side with freshane.
I guess depending on the quality of meat you buy to grill.
But 99% of the time, it's going to be better quality than the whopper.
Not gunna lie, when they were $2 a piece wednesdays, I was having my fill.!!
Only 1 time since then though, since they caught me while I thought whopper wednesdays came back, when they said it hadn't.
Jun 2, 2010
534 posts
61 upvotes
robson1 wrote: 7 bux plus several hundred for a grill, gas tanks, gas and the cost of your time. Of course, your time may be worthless.

http://www.burgerking.ca/cms/en/ca/cms_ ... 013_EN.pdf

Whopper (no cheese or bacon) 670 calories, 910mg sodium, 80gm cholesterol, and the rest isn't any better.

And if you think that making something at home is equal quality to a fast food restaurant focused on profits and market share, you're delusional.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1231 posts
561 upvotes
Regina
Had a Whopper and onion rings for lunch today. I am feeling sick now.
Jul 27, 2009
743 posts
219 upvotes
toronto
Why you young wopper snappers. I remember when them there burgers were .99 . Those were the good ole days.
Mar 23, 2010
378 posts
201 upvotes
Why did they take it away in the first place? Their business is struggling badly, at least here in van, its hard to find a restaurant that's not in a mall.