• Mar 23rd, 2018 5:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8217 posts
1025 upvotes
Victoria

Burnout Paradise Remastered

I'm a bit bummed they don't do the obvious and make a new burnout game, but I like that there's going to be a remastered version of burnout paradise for the ps4/xb1/pc.

Burnout Revenge was my favourite of the burnout series. Paradise is pretty good, I just found it a little annoying sometimes to have to drive around to get to different events. I'm pretty temped to order if for the ps4 as I need something to top up my God of War purchase to get the $15 back.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7867 posts
1295 upvotes
Toronto
I must have spent easily 100+ hours on Burnout Paradise for the PS3. It was such as awesome game. It was very difficult trying to earn the achievements which usually required the co-ordination with all 8 players.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8217 posts
1025 upvotes
Victoria
I managed to get all the regular achievements. Enough to get the gold and platinum cars and stufs. There's so much to the game.

Burnout is still my favourite racing franchise. Burnout Revenge was the first one, then I went back played takedown. Then Paradise. They don't really make racers like it anymore. Need for Speed seems slow and sluggish in comparison with a burnout game.

My only complain about paradise was the need to drive around the open world to find events. I preferred the burnout revenge style of loading events from the menu. Other than that Paradise was pretty awesome. It's shame we don't have a new burnout game for this console generation.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9037 posts
359 upvotes
Mississauga
They should have remastered Revenge or Takedown... they both have way better Crash modes
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8217 posts
1025 upvotes
Victoria
Revenge got a nice upgrade to the 360 when the 360 first came out, would love to see a remaster or reissue of that. I wonder if it's backward compatible for the xbox one? Maybe I'll get one of those to play it.. lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2290 posts
696 upvotes
zod wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:30 pm
My only complain about paradise was the need to drive around the open world to find events. I preferred the burnout revenge style of loading events from the menu. Other than that Paradise was pretty awesome. It's shame we don't have a new burnout game for this console generation.
Agreed. I burnt out on it from all the driving around to reach events. If they released it for the Switch it would be an insta-buy for me.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8217 posts
1025 upvotes
Victoria
unshavenyak wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 11:15 am
Agreed. I burnt out on it from all the driving around to reach events. If they released it for the Switch it would be an insta-buy for me.
I am enjoying it though. No one makes racing games like this anymore. Need for Speed games seem sluggish and tedious in comparison.

My biggest problem is when you finish an event on the far left of the map. There's only so many events out there to race back to town. So then you have to drive all the way back. I found a way to skirt around that, which is to restart the event (even if I don't need to), which returns me to my point of origin, and then I can cancel the event.... way quicker than driving all the way back to town