Off Topic

Bus carrying Saskatchewan Junior Hockey Team involved in serious collision.

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2019 7:53 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
5293 posts
802 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 5:49 pm
It's not right, but everyone who has driven out in the country has come up to a stop sign, has seen that there is clearly no one nearby and has driven through without stopping.
I wouldn't say that.
Even out in the country I would always do a "rolling stop" - ie not a legal stop since the whells didn't stop turning, but my speed would be down to 10 km/h or less.
The police would know exactly how fast each vehicle was going just before the impact and if th truck stopped or slowed down for the stop sign, but they have not revealed that information yet.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2010
654 posts
297 upvotes
North Battleford
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 5:49 pm
It's not right, but everyone who has driven out in the country has come up to a stop sign, has seen that there is clearly no one nearby and has driven through without stopping. He may have done the same but was wrong about no one being nearby.
Except where there are trees, buildings etc obstructing the view of oncoming traffic. Stopping at the sign and making sure the coast is clear is a must.
Last edited by zoso454 on Jul 9th, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14309 posts
4177 upvotes
Here 'n There
One of the Broncos that is disabled as a result of the crash states recently that 'Everything happens for a reason'. Although my heart goes out to the guy I disagree. It was just extremely unlucky, very tragic and there is no sense to be made of it. There was no reason for this except an idiot driver.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 19, 2010
5909 posts
2635 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 11:59 am
One of the Broncos that is disabled as a result of the crash states recently that 'Everything happens for a reason'. Although my heart goes out to the guy I disagree. It was just extremely unlucky, very tragic and there is no sense to be made of it. There was no reason for this except an idiot driver.
You contradicted yourself. OTOH you dispute the notion that 'Everything happens for a reason' and then you draw the conclusion that the reason is an idiot driver.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10544 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
He wipes out a whole team and walks away unscathed. Seems like that’s always how it works.

Trouble is there’s not enough punishment they can give this prick to compensate for the lives he took.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1099 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
Corleone187 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 9:26 pm
wow another brutal crash with insane truck driver wipes out entire family except for the mom. How will she get by?
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/th ... spartandhp
damn, that was some scary stuff, one minute you are alive doing well and the next moment you are dead. (even if it's not your fault). Makes you think about your priorities in life.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
DimsumDeals wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 10:16 am
damn, that was some scary stuff, one minute you are alive doing well and the next moment you are dead. (even if it's not your fault). Makes you think about your priorities in life.
holy crap when I posted there was only $10k, now there is over $200k

Imagine your husband dies and then all 4 of your daughters die. What do you have left? Nothing! The truck driver killed them all (except for the mom)

I heard the mom is sedated, she will get the shock of her life when they tell her. How unfortunate, she is a nurse too

Image
You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
17508 posts
2862 upvotes
Toronto
BK2006 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 11:07 am
Why prosecutors face a tough challenge in Humboldt Broncos crash case

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/wh ... Yy4DhLA6I7

This could be another reason why families may decide to take their own course of action and sue.
It's true what they say: if you want to get away with killing someone in this country, do it with a vehicle. Self-driving cars and trucks can't come fast enough.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10544 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
only thing is if families decide to sue the driver or the trucking company, even if they end up with a big settlement, good luck collecting.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 15, 2017
1209 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
One of the surviving hockey players has been drafted by a university as a hockey player at least this is good news. He got a scholarship.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1472 posts
309 upvotes
zoso454 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 3:30 pm
Transport Canada to make seatbelts mandatory on medium and large buses in 2020
http://www.ckom.com/2018/07/11/transpor ... f=facebook
School buses too ? Can’t get the concept where kids have to be in a seat belt in a car or parents gets charged but goes on a school buses with other rowdy kids and and jumping around everywhere I’m the seats and not a seat belt at all lol surprised kids don’t say well “I don’t wear a seat belt on the school bus why should I wear one here mom “ lol

You should watch some of the videos on you tube where the kids fly up to the ceiling and hit their heads on the school bus when they hit a bump or something, the shocks on a school bus are equivalent to riding a camel no suspension at all.

Top