• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2018 11:37 am
[OP]
Jul 15, 2009
533 posts
54 upvotes

Business Phone Line

Currently, I'm piggy backing on my existing Shaw home phone and using that for the Business. It's a phone number that I'd like to keep for the business, as it spells our name (yippee)!

Anyway, over the weekend Shaw came and upgraded our Router & PVR system, and somehow managed to change our phone number in the process without our knowledge. After two days, we were able to get the old number back.

So it got me thinking, should i switch over to a true dedicated Business line? What is the best option for this? Seems shaw has a 3-year agreement for $20, which is 'meh' IMO. I'd prefer it to be around $10/mth.

Thanks for any input.
3 replies
Mar 8, 2014
118 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Get yourself VoIP line through anveo.com or voip.ms and transfer that number until it's lost. It will cost you dollar a month for line + whatever you talk
Apr 13, 2018
19 posts
5 upvotes
We use grasshopper.com for our 800#. It costs about $30 a month and there are 3 of us using this line. The phone will ring on person #1's phone and if he is not able to answer in 20 seconds it will ring on my phone, and if I cant answer then it rings on person 3's phone. The customer can leave a message if they like. It really works well. Based in the US, it works fine in Canada.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
4181 posts
1276 upvotes
We use a Shaw land line for business (it's a business line) and pay something like $25/month on a 1-year contract. It has good features and works well for us.