Students

Which business program should I pick

[OP]
Mar 24, 2018
1 posts

Which business program should I pick

I’ve been excepted into York Bcom (not Schulich), Carleton Bcom, Ryerson Business Management, Guelph Bcom and Dalhousie Bcom. Which program is best and which has the best reputation. I want to go to law school afterwards.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1042 posts
52 upvotes
samanthaa97 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2018 12:48 pm
I’ve been excepted into York Bcom (not Schulich), Carleton Bcom, Ryerson Business Management, Guelph Bcom and Dalhousie Bcom. Which program is best and which has the best reputation. I want to go to law school afterwards.
A lot of things to consider (e.g., four years is a long time, what if you change your mind about law school? What would your backup plan be?).

My opinion of those schools (although it's been a while since I finished my BBA) is that they are in the same tier/are similarly ranked, so it's down to your preferences (e.g., do you want to spend most of your time in downtown Toronto? if so, pick Ryerson, etc.).

A more important consideration is whether any of these programs offer a structured internship/co-op program. Work experience is incredibly important, and will put you at a huge advantage come full-time recruiting in your fourth year.