Students

which business school is the best? utsc, utm, mcmaster, brock or Laurier?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2012 11:58 am
Tags:
None
Jun 22, 2011
390 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Hai sherry, I'm in first year and go to laurier (no-bias) LOL. my ranking would be:
Laurier
UTSC
UTM/McMaster (I would go to mcmaster over utm)
Brock
This is just my personal ranking based on a mix of school reputation and quality of life at school. I cannot say for other schools but I have heard that around 30% of Laurier BBA students drop out first year. As long as you keep up with your work, you shouldn't worry about making second year tho :) A big reason for this drop out rate is the B- GPA required in both business courses in first year.
Banned
Jul 31, 2009
69 posts
7 upvotes
Tdot
windforcexx28 wrote: At least Ryerson got mentioned here D: (I go to york)

TBH, going to specific schools will, perhaps, make it easier to get placements at better firms, etc, but your success after school is done is dependent solely on the person himself/herself. No school rep will carry you through for the rest of your career.
Your in the administrative studies program? I know several friends in it and hear its pretty good. Its better than Ted Rogers imo even tho you guys are overshadowed by Schulich hehe.
I agree with your point about school rep tho!
Banned
Jul 31, 2009
69 posts
7 upvotes
Tdot
nevetsgnow wrote: Hai sherry, I'm in first year and go to laurier (no-bias) LOL. my ranking would be:
Laurier
UTSC
UTM/McMaster (I would go to mcmaster over utm)
Brock
This is just my personal ranking based on a mix of school reputation and quality of life at school. I cannot say for other schools but I have heard that around 30% of Laurier BBA students drop out first year. As long as you keep up with your work, you shouldn't worry about making second year tho :) A big reason for this drop out rate is the B- GPA required in both business courses in first year.
Many schools require you to have atleast a B-/C+ average in order to maintain honours standing in the program you started off with
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
raymondh wrote: Many schools require you to have atleast a B-/C+ average in order to maintain honours standing in the program you started off with
True but that's an average, so if you do badly in one course then you can easily balance that by doing well in an easy course, or even ahead of time e.g. if you know a course is going to be tough, you can pick a super easy elective. You can't do that if you have to get a specified grade in one or more specific classes.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1382 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
For Finance,

Most of my friends either in Laurier BBA or Hon Econ have had relatively no issue landing positions on Bay Street either through the official coop program or just simply applying themselves online.

One thing to watch though is they are making the programs easier. Long gone are the days in BBA where they fail out 50% of the class each year, so you could argue that the school is letting more people go through or that just smarter people are starting to take the program. They are changing the program next year so that CAs can actually finish in 4 years instead of the 4.5 it currently takes.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
2052 posts
409 upvotes
GTA
copperprincess wrote: Why is brock bad?
They suck horribly worse than uoit . Ok maybe not as bad as uoit. But you get what i mean. Reputation wise, they really have nothing except for their Accounting co op program.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)