• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2017 9:41 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7054 posts
645 upvotes
Victoria
We don't have kids.

We don't do to many exciting things after work. I tend to get home. Go for a bike ride for a while (60 to 90 minutes) come back home, eat dinner, I often seem to be studying for something, maybe a little TV or Video Games, brew a batch of beer, yard work.

We don't have anything superexciting that we do. I am the opposite of you. Right now I can do my job in 8 hours no problem. I'm trying to find another job, most of which would require larger time commitments, so instead of cutting back, I am looking for a little more.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
35832 posts
1995 upvotes
Toronto
Spent socializing. Either in person or online. Night outs on fri and sat with like minded people. Various activities like sports or hanging out doors. Working out. Hobbies like arts, crafts, cars, diy, reading, blogging, dancing, martial arts, magic (thats my thing hehe).

Imagine going out on a wednesday evening. Just bc your bored... meeting up with some old friends to chat and catchup. Having some drinks and tapas on the patio... discussing world affairs, politics, econmics, society, or even how your family and friends are going...

All this without worrying about your wife and kids at home.

Theres a lot to do.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16197 posts
847 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I used to be at the gym every night, either BJJ or Muay Thai + random house things.

Now I'm down to two nights a week at BJJ and no Muay Thai.

Lots of things to do if you don't have children, it's still pretty easy to fill up your time with other hobbies.
Jun 11, 2010
71 posts
14 upvotes
Halifax
Same for me as most people before kids...basically going out and spending money on myself lol...socializing, taking classes, whatever. After kids, we're still active, we just go out with the kids.

I'm not one of those people that think everyone needs to have kids, but within the people i know, many people are not having kids because "i want to travel or do this or that and have all these dreams" but in reality all they do is sit around and play video games or watch tv. One friend of mine recently told me she's never having kids cause it makes you old. but this person doesn't have a good career (entry-level mcd's, early 30's), or really do all that much with herself. I know i'm generalizing because of the family/friends that i know, but it seems that for the people i know, having to do daily life is such a chore, whereas the people i know with kids are used to running around so things aren't as big a deal.