• Jun 7th, 2011 9:12 pm
Tags:
Jul 11, 2008
222 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Jdog75 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2011 1:40 pm
I don't care what makes sense to you. What makes sense is that are deceiving and misleading people. I was re-assured that the problem was resolved by dealfind so that is why I went in again. Don't blame me for exercising my consumer rights. I have requested and received a full refund from Dealfind. *There will be articles in the media about this thanks to me. These coupon sites are doing a disservice to people and praying on our desires to get good deals during these economic times.

The Butchers are doing something dodgy and shady here. We might not have proof, but by offering so many deals on so many sites and by being deceptive on their prices and what people can use the coupon for translates to disgusting. *They will hopefully learn their lesson. It might end up costing people their jobs though and that is sad.

You don't have to care what I say but by posting your story on here, you're inviting responses. It's how a msg board works.

It's your life, you choose the battles you want to fight. Good luck getting media to cover your story.

This thread has become more a personal soapbox than actual useful information.
Mar 12, 2011
20 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
Two major media outlets are working on stories as I write this...so no luck needed Asser.

Battle fought and won.

Good luck continuing your angst filled negative life.
Jun 4, 2005
389 posts
15 upvotes
Jdog75 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2011 6:09 pm
Two major media outlets are working on stories as I write this...so no luck needed Asser.

Battle fought and won.

Good luck continuing your angst filled negative life.
you're the angsty one going around and yelling at store owners. you got your refund didn't you?
Mar 12, 2011
20 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
Were you there?

I didn't raise my voice. They yelled at me. I was calm.

You should not comment if you weren't there. I was the one harrased. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to be treated how I was treated.
May 4, 2004
511 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Went during the weekend, things looked different, sausages used to be at the end, now sausages are at the 1st fridge. No trace of any beef, 1 small pcs of left over pork and I don't even know which part it came from, couple whole chickens. No marinated meat and nothing. They took out a tray of patties while I was there, not sure if it is beef or pork or what. I ended up spending almost half of my voucher on sausage (not a lot - close to $4 a pcs) and chicken. Asked for duck, they won't order it until mid April. No game meat. I don't know how well it goes with those who email in their orders, I regret buying this voucher.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1496 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
AAA wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2011 12:15 pm
Went during the weekend, things looked different, sausages used to be at the end, now sausages are at the 1st fridge. No trace of any beef, 1 small pcs of left over pork and I don't even know which part it came from, couple whole chickens. No marinated meat and nothing. They took out a tray of patties while I was there, not sure if it is beef or pork or what. I ended up spending almost half of my voucher on sausage (not a lot - close to $4 a pcs) and chicken. Asked for duck, they won't order it until mid April. No game meat. I don't know how well it goes with those who email in their orders, I regret buying this voucher.

Weekends have always been slim pickings for the majority. I think you are best to e-mail in your order.

I personally like the option of e-mailing in my order, you can then be very specific with your cuts, sizes and weights. Easy to plan out how much and what you will get for your certificate. Although I could be surprised, haven't made an order yet, waiting for some better weather on a weekend when I'll be home to BBQ.

I was told the same that duck and game meats won't be available till the 2nd or 3rd week of April.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
4054 posts
781 upvotes
Aurora
Man, I used to enjoy shopping there from time to time. After reading about the current s^^tshow, I doubt I'll ever be back, 75% off voucher or not.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Aug 9, 2003
270 posts
40 upvotes
York
canguy9999 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2011 2:29 pm
Weekends have always been slim pickings for the majority. I think you are best to e-mail in your order.

I personally like the option of e-mailing in my order, you can then be very specific with your cuts, sizes and weights. Easy to plan out how much and what you will get for your certificate. Although I could be surprised, haven't made an order yet, waiting for some better weather on a weekend when I'll be home to BBQ.

I was told the same that duck and game meats won't be available till the 2nd or 3rd week of April.
FYI you better check your emailed order cos they substituted strip loin for my ordered ribeye and DIDNT EVEN TELL ME!!!! plus ZERO marbling, which shouldn't really be graded AA or higher which is what they are purportedly selling.
May 4, 2004
511 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
canguy9999 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2011 2:29 pm

They said the delivery truck didn't show up today. What a lame excuse! I went early this time than last time and I saw plenty of meat (beef, pork, veal, lamb, duck, kangaroo, camel, etc.) last time. I don't really like the idea of emailing in my order, but I guess this is the only choice. Anyone else shop there lately? Please report what kind the meat you see during your visit.
Oct 9, 2008
136 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
yeah wow i just got off the phone with them. i talked to a very angry man. i had some concerns about my order (which took 2 weeks from the order date to come through, and then they forgot to give the delivery instructions to the driver so my order almost wasn't delivered) and the man didn't want to listen to anything i said, and spoke very angrily to me and kept interrupting me when i tried to explain. he told me that i should be happy and and appreciative of such a good deal and blamed selling so many coupons for their problems.

i told him he seemed very angry and frustrated and before I could get another word in, he started lecturing me about what he THOUGHT i was complaining about (which was totally incorrect - perhaps if he had listened he wouldn'tve been so angry!) and I tried to explain again, at which point he told me the lady answering the emails was in a coma and had cancer, yet was still answering the emails (?!?!)

I told him I did not like how I was being treated and could I get a refund? He said yes and then as I was asking how, he hung up on me! So I called back again, he picked up laughing and I asked him how to get a refund and he said "take it up with the coupon people" and told me he would not serve a customer like me.

all i can say is wow. i thought the purpose of those deals was to get new customers. cuz i will never ever go back there.
Oct 9, 2008
136 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
i finally got my order today (i realise it was actually 3 weeks ago that i placed the order)

i had ordered:

" 4 lbs bone in chicken breast,1 whole chicken,about 1/2 (1 piece) tenderloin steak,1 small chicken stew,about 1/2 (1 piece) bison strip loin and 1/2 kangaroo,,please wrap in paper rather than plastic,,thanks! :) "

i got 4 pounds of beef (rather than 1/2), wrapped it in plastic and the order was missing the bison and the kangaroo. strangely enough it all added up to $150.

and check out the sketchy receipt that doesn't even add up, and is all MISC items that have the same code
[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5019/555 ... 23dc_z.jpg[/IMG]

but worst of all, the chicken was covered in dirt and hair:

[IMG]http://web21.twitpic.com/img/268282690- ... scaled.jpg[/IMG]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1496 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
kator wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2011 8:15 pm
i finally got my order today (i realise it was actually 3 weeks ago that i placed the order)

i had ordered:

" 4 lbs bone in chicken breast,1 whole chicken,about 1/2 (1 piece) tenderloin steak,1 small chicken stew,about 1/2 (1 piece) bison strip loin and 1/2 kangaroo,,please wrap in paper rather than plastic,,thanks! :) "

i got 4 pounds of beef (rather than 1/2), wrapped it in plastic and the order was missing the bison and the kangaroo. strangely enough it all added up to $150.

and check out the sketchy receipt that doesn't even add up, and is all MISC items that have the same code
[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5019/555 ... 23dc_z.jpg[/IMG]

but worst of all, the chicken was covered in dirt and hair:

[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5190/555 ... 2ea7_z.jpg[/IMG]

Photos don't work.

Also maybe you could have been more specific with the sizes. about 1/2 (1 piece) A whole tenderloin is what 7-8lbs on average? You got 4lbs, they could have very well thought you wanted half a tenderloin. With the expense of tenderloin thats where your value ended up.

They have no game(kangaroo/bison) at the moment. They should have told you that.
Dec 10, 2006
326 posts
81 upvotes
I just requested a refund for both vouchers I bought.

Two Sundays in a row now, they tell me they're closed for renovations.

I called three times today. When someone finally picked up I asked them if they're opened today. He responds "No, that's why we haven't been answering the phone. We're open tomorrow" Ok jackass...I don't read minds. Your website says you open on Sunday but closed on Mondays and I have gotten the same renovation excuse two weeks in a row.

This place is getting sketchier by the day!
May 4, 2004
511 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
dex126 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2011 3:23 pm
I just requested a refund for both vouchers I bought.

Two Sundays in a row now, they tell me they're closed for renovations.

I called three times today. When someone finally picked up I asked them if they're opened today. He responds "No, that's why we haven't been answering the phone. We're open tomorrow" Ok jackass...I don't read minds. Your website says you open on Sunday but closed on Mondays and I have gotten the same renovation excuse two weeks in a row.

This place is getting sketchier by the day!

I hope they are not going out of business, J/K!
I just look up their website and found the following, don't know when it was posted though. Try back next Sunday :(

"NOTICE: The Butchers will be closed on Sunday March 20th and Sunday March 27th to install a new meat fridge. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)