Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Buy 4 or more clothing items, save 25%

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 5:04 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
jerschwab wrote: Isn't Costco.ca stuff marked up by about 20% from the price in store?
teqtoke wrote: Definitely. However they carry some stuff that you won't find in store. I don't know what personally, but some girls at work were talking about some shoes you can buy from there apparently.
No, there isn't any "markup" per se, it is just that they add $5 shipping to most items and bake it into the price you see. Heavy/large items is usually $20. They're pretty transparent about this on the site.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10593 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
Yes, my order is arriving tomorrow as well... pretty impressive.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
jerschwab wrote: Isn't Costco.ca stuff marked up by about 20% from the price in store?
Not always. There are definitely some products that are priced the same as in the warehouse. It just really depends on the item, but I agree, most are priced higher because of shipping. I find that the clothing is sometimes marked the same. Normally I'll just check the warehouse first for the item, if not, I'll order online.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Dec 27, 2012
119 posts
86 upvotes
WINDSOR
Do you lose whole discount if you need to return any item.Thanks .
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6304 upvotes
Prince George
lfc4ever wrote: Do you lose whole discount if you need to return any item.Thanks .
Normally they prorate it. So no.
Jun 14, 2010
258 posts
85 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote: Pretty good deal especially on the ONeill hoodies and Champion socks for men. I wish they had a discount on their 4 piece luggage sets.

Thanks OP.
I had the champion socks for a couple months and almost all of them have holes under the ball of the foot. Costco was willing to let me return them.
Nov 8, 2015
6 posts
9 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Does this work for Costco shoes too?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2019
1297 posts
1456 upvotes
Nunavut
GiOBoY wrote: Yes, my order is arriving tomorrow as well... pretty impressive.
What did you order? Hot deal?
Jul 7, 2016
605 posts
1232 upvotes
Bumping up an old thread to share an experience for a return. I did a return and I am not impressed by the lack of transparency on how they allocate the discounts. The audit trail is horrible.

I returned the O'Neil hoodie. The return receipt indicates a price of $33.99 and I lose out on $20.95 of that due to discounts. This $20.95 figure is a blend of the 25% off and whatever the fixed sale was at the time. It's not clear how the net return value of $13.04 ($14.74 after-tax) was computed. Going back to my order history, the discounts of my entire order are all summed into one line and it lists the hoodie as $33.99 as well. Unless I figure out what the individual discounts were (i.e. excluding the 25% off) at the time, I can't validate whether or not Costco processed the return properly.

Did the 25% off apply to the gross $33.99? I hope not and I'll give Costco the benefit of the doubt that they did not incorrectly calculate my net return. I just don't understand the point of the listing the gross $33.99 when that was not the sale price when I made the order.

I am going to make my own records of the sale prices at the time so I can figure out how the discounts are being pro-rated.

EDIT: Fixed a number
Last edited by Presents on Feb 11th, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
Presents wrote: Bumping up an old thread to share an experience for a return. I did a return and I am not impressed by the lack of transparency on how they allocate the discounts. The audit trail is horrible.

I returned the O'Neil hoodie. The return receipt indicates a price of $33.99 and I lose out on $20.95 of that due to discounts. This $20.95 figure is a blend of the 25% off and whatever the fixed sale was at the time. It's not clear how the net return value of $10.94 was computed. Going back to my order history, the discounts are all summed into one line and it lists the hoodie as $33.99 as well. Unless I figure out what the individual discounts were (i.e. not the 25% off) at the time, I can't validate whether or not Costco processed the return properly.

Did the 25% off apply to the gross $33.99? I hope not. I don't understand the point of the listing the gross $33.99 when that was not the sale price when I made the order.

I am going to make my own records of the sale prices at the time so I can figure out how the discounts are being pro-rated.
I think its up to how the CSR puts it through. During the last sale, I returned 1 item but the discount wasn't reduced. Got the full retail amount back instead of the discounted amount.
Jul 7, 2016
605 posts
1232 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I think its up to how the CSR puts it through. During the last sale, I returned 1 item but the discount wasn't reduced. Got the full retail amount back instead of the discounted amount.
That's concerning. If it's a manual process and I have no way to calculate what the return value should be, then it could possibly be wrong and there's nothing I can do. The net return value of $13.04 pre-tax ($14.74 after-tax) seems quite low - but I cannot remember what the hoodie was listed for at the time. I played around with the math, and for it to approximately make sense, the hoodie would have had to be around $17.50 pre-tax such that after 25% off, the pre-tax return value would be approximately $13. This net sale value would be much more relevant than the "original" price of $33.99 (which is meaningless as that's not how much I paid for it).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)