Automotive

Buy Back Lease or Return MB ML350 Blutech 2015.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2018 11:10 pm
Apr 6, 2015
250 posts
151 upvotes
SW Ontario

Buy Back Lease or Return MB ML350 Blutech 2015.

Have a lease end in couple of months ,runs good was thinking of buying back -Not sure Any advice ..? Few things to consider though -
MB doesn't make these diesel ones any more . Has about 65 K Km - residual value close to 40 K, 2015 model with Prem Pack and running boards etc.
Warranty 80K/4 Years .Have already driven over will be paying close to 3-4 K for over KM if returned .
9 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
IMO better off buying it out if you need to pay $3000 for overages. Quick scan of the net indicates anywhere from $46000-$50000 for this vehicle with that package and kms. So if you are close to $40k for the buyout, you'd be saving anywhere from $9000-$13000. Approx of course.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
55 upvotes
Mastero wrote: Have a lease end in couple of months ,runs good was thinking of buying back -Not sure Any advice ..? Few things to consider though -
MB doesn't make these diesel ones any more . Has about 65 K Km - residual value close to 40 K, 2015 model with Prem Pack and running boards etc.
Warranty 80K/4 Years .Have already driven over will be paying close to 3-4 K for over KM if returned .
And you still have 1 year of warranty remaining, I'd say pull the trigger and keep the beauty. If nothing happens in the first couple of years, it should be good for the rest!
Mar 27, 2012
336 posts
160 upvotes
Mastero wrote: Have a lease end in couple of months ,runs good was thinking of buying back -Not sure Any advice ..? Few things to consider though -
MB doesn't make diesels anymore so it would be wise to keep it. Those vehicles are quite reliable with maintained properly.
Apr 6, 2015
250 posts
151 upvotes
SW Ontario
Tx guys for your inputs .Does getting extended warranty from MB makes sense ?
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
misc049 wrote:
MB doesn't make diesels anymore so it would be wise to keep it. Those vehicles are quite reliable with maintained properly.
Hmmm.. diesel Benz has a lot of issues with the emissions system. O2 sensors and the likes.... I would get the extended warranty. There are so many components for the diesel, you don’t want anything to fail. MBworld.org can give you an idea of diesel problems.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
trixstar wrote: Hmmm.. diesel Benz has a lot of issues with the emissions system. O2 sensors and the likes.... I would get the extended warranty. There are so many components for the diesel, you don’t want anything to fail. MBworld.org can give you an idea of diesel problems.
This isn't isolated to MB. All diesels that use cat piss (DEF) will have emission related issues. The system is far too complex with too many sub systems. I have a X3 diesel and recently had a CEL for the cat piss heater. Glad I'm not keeping this thing outside of warranty.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Mastero wrote: Tx guys for your inputs .Does getting extended warranty from MB makes sense ?
Dealers sell the extended warranties because they make money on them (on average). If you're capable of saving money for a rainy day you'd be better off doing that, then taking to a good indy mechanic for less money if you do need repairs.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote: Dealers sell the extended warranties because they make money on them (on average). If you're capable of saving money for a rainy day you'd be better off doing that, then taking to a good indy mechanic for less money if you do need repairs.
While that is true, I guess I lucked out when I bought extended warranty for my MB. It required 6k in warranty repair for a computer component. It’s a hit or miss with extended warranty.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
trixstar wrote: While that is true, I guess I lucked out when I bought extended warranty for my MB. It required 6k in warranty repair for a computer component. It’s a hit or miss with extended warranty.
Certainly feels nice when it does pay out.

I bought my BMW privately used and with an extended warranty. There were a few things that needed fixing, like some weatherstripping. I took it to the dealer to get fixed but it wasn't covered, only engine and other mechanicals. Weathstripping was wear and tear and any warranty work would have a $50 deductible anyways.
Anyhow, I didn't end up using my warranty so that's $2500 profit for the dealer.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)