• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2012 11:47 am
Tags:
None
Apr 26, 2012
288 posts
10 upvotes

Buy a car or go on a vacation?

I just graduated and I want to go to Spain for a few weeks in September. However my friends are advising me to take my money and instead get a used car. I understand having a car is more practical. It's more independence (I live at home) and mobility. My town's transit is terrible. And I could always go on a road trip (haven't been to many cities) to cure my travel bug. But I've also dreamed of going to Europe or somewhere foreign for years now.

I really can't decide. And another thing to consider is a car would continued expense, and a trip wouldn't.

What would you do?
Share:
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4210 posts
516 upvotes
dsg512 wrote:
May 28th, 2012 5:32 pm
I just graduated and I want to go to Spain for a few weeks in September. However my friends are advising me to take my money and instead get a used car. I understand having a car is more practical. It's more independence (I live at home) and mobility. My town's transit is terrible. And I could always go on a road trip (haven't been to many cities) to cure my travel bug. But I've also dreamed of going to Europe or somewhere foreign for years now.

I really can't decide. And another thing to consider is a car would continued expense, and a trip wouldn't.

What would you do?

I would go on the trip. A car is something you can always work towards and save up for. While the same can be said for a trip, you can buy a car at any time, while this is the perfect time to go on a trip. Once you're working full-time, the opportunities to go somewhere like Europe for several weeks are generally much fewer.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
17204 posts
1480 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Go on vacation. Travel while you can.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Apr 21, 2011
51 posts
4 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Hiow much are you planning to spend on the trip or car? If the used car your looking for is like 2-4g I would rather go on the trip and just buy the car later on.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1248 posts
37 upvotes
Get a ride man.
:arrow: JussB
GO LEAFS GO!

BBM pin 2B5A4B98
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2007
1377 posts
94 upvotes
Watch Europtrip and tell me if you still want a car :D If you don't go now, who knows when you'll have the time/money to go. You can get a car in the future and if you want to go on a road trip, get your friends to take their cars!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9348 posts
1548 upvotes
Toronto
Vacation brah. You can work your way towards a nicer and better car when you get a good job but once you get the job you wouldn't have much time for such a vacation so do the vaca now IMO
Aug 28, 2009
148 posts
249 upvotes
Vacation for sure. Travel as much as you can before starting work. It's much harder to take off for a few weeks once you do.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2023 posts
323 upvotes
Guelph
Car. After your vacation, how will you get around? Vacation lasts a few weeks and is fun. A car will last years and is practical.
Macreo Photography
Weddings | Commercial | Events | 360° Virtuals
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
7926 posts
327 upvotes
go on the trip, make your friends drive you around.
× < >