Tags:
[OP]
Apr 18, 2011
302 posts
97 upvotes
Red Deer

[Best Buy] Buy Lottie amiibo & get any $15.99 amiibo free

Pretty decent deal if you have an Animal Crossing fan in the house

Buy the Lottie Amiibo and get any 15.99 amiibo for free with it. I picked up a Bowser amiibo for free. Youll need to find a filler for free shipping however
18 replies
Nov 11, 2015
206 posts
153 upvotes
Thanks. It seems that this lottie amiibo is a best buy exclusive in Canada. So looks like they arent selling. So basically it's buy an amiibo at regular price, and get this ugly amiibo no one wants for free. Not worth it for me. But I have never played animal crossing nor do I have a console compatible with amiibo, Im just interested in getting some amiibo for display if the price is right.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1563 posts
212 upvotes
Kitchener
dealswithit wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 2:34 pm
Thanks. It seems that this lottie amiibo is a best buy exclusive in Canada. So looks like they arent selling. So basically it's buy an amiibo at regular price, and get this ugly amiibo no one wants for free. Not worth it for me. But I have never played animal crossing nor do I have a console compatible with amiibo, Im just interested in getting some amiibo for display if the price is right.
I don't understand the specific hate for Lottie, but I think it's hilarious. Of all the Amiibos, the AC Amiibos seem to be the least liked Amiibos. Yet of all the new lineups of Amiibos coming, AC is getting the most attention from Nintendo. I don't understand it. I drew the line at AC. Not touching those things with a 20 foot pole by the looks of how Nintendo is handling it. It's going to be the smash line all over again with crappy AC Amiibos.
Nov 11, 2015
206 posts
153 upvotes
iLLNESS wrote:
Jan 17th, 2016 12:38 pm
I don't understand the specific hate for Lottie, but I think it's hilarious. Of all the Amiibos, the AC Amiibos seem to be the least liked Amiibos. Yet of all the new lineups of Amiibos coming, AC is getting the most attention from Nintendo. I don't understand it. I drew the line at AC. Not touching those things with a 20 foot pole by the looks of how Nintendo is handling it. It's going to be the smash line all over again with crappy AC Amiibos.
I haven't really followed Amiibos before this month. What happened with the Smash line? Would they rerelease Amiibo in the future (I'm interested in Mega Man, but haven't seen it in stock anywhere). Do Amiibos go on sale often and for how much?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1563 posts
212 upvotes
Kitchener
dealswithit wrote:
Jan 17th, 2016 11:07 pm
I haven't really followed Amiibos before this month. What happened with the Smash line? Would they rerelease Amiibo in the future (I'm interested in Mega Man, but haven't seen it in stock anywhere). Do Amiibos go on sale often and for how much?
Nothing happened with it really. The Smash line is just the most prominent set of Amiibos. It was going to be a set amount of Amiibos (which would be over and done with by now) but Nintendo keeps adding extra Amiibo 1 by 1. Not really a big deal, IMO the Smash Amiibo are nice looking.

If you're looking into getting more Amiibo that have previously released, you better have patience. Nintendo hasn't been producing them constantly, rather they will re-release Amiibo in batches. So if you don't get your hands on an Amiibo while it's in stores, it will be gone from stores for months at a time. Some Amiibo like Robin and Lucina have not been restocked since their initial release.

If you're just looking for ones like Mega Man you're likely in luck. I imagine he will be restocked when the new MM game releases with the new Gold Mega Man next month.

Check reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada to follow Amiibo stuff in Canada. If there are restocks the info is usually there.
Oct 11, 2014
221 posts
121 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
iLLNESS wrote:
Jan 17th, 2016 12:38 pm
I don't think there is any "hate" for Lottie to be honest. I know several people that bought the Lottie Amiibo but for collection purposes only. I think the problem is functionality. The AC Amiibo's can only be used with Amiibo Festival and that game bombed (Unless I'm wrong). It's different from the Smash Amiibos where you can store your character, bring it over to others and level up your character.
Jan 21, 2010
310 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
If I were you guys, I would try ISPU for this. I ordered it online. Lottie shipped, but Lil Mac due to a "discrepancy" Lil Mac was actually OOS (they STILL have him listed in stock on the website). Since I didn't pay for Lil Mac, they felt they could just back out of fulfilling 50% of the promised product, and offer me a $5 coupon (exp. on 01/31) as compensation, and I would be happy. Maybe the $5 will pay for my bus fare. They are despicable.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5992 posts
1695 upvotes
Canada
Well it's because the AC amiibo are useless unless you want to use them with the worst game of 2015.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5992 posts
1695 upvotes
Canada
Talick wrote:
Jan 21st, 2016 12:22 pm
If I were you guys, I would try ISPU for this. I ordered it online. Lottie shipped, but Lil Mac due to a "discrepancy" Lil Mac was actually OOS (they STILL have him listed in stock on the website). Since I didn't pay for Lil Mac, they felt they could just back out of fulfilling 50% of the promised product, and offer me a $5 coupon (exp. on 01/31) as compensation, and I would be happy. Maybe the $5 will pay for my bus fare. They are despicable.
Or you could just return it.
Nov 11, 2015
206 posts
153 upvotes
Talick wrote:
Jan 21st, 2016 12:22 pm
Hmm, I ordered this just because I wanted the Little Mac amiibo too. No shipping confirmation yet, so I guess the same thing will happen to me. I actually had used a $5 coupon from a previous order that they didn't fulfill.
Jan 21, 2010
310 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote:
Jan 21st, 2016 12:25 pm
Or you could just return it.
Yes I could. But that is not the point. They did not fulfill half the product of the sale they made, yet they charged full price. That is slimy. They could have given me $35 of store credit to satisfy the incentives of the sale, among other possibilities. But they gave me an expiring coupon for $5, which is less than the cost to get me to the damn post office/store and back. Not to mention I would have to go outta my way in cold weather, wait in lines, etc. all for their mistake. Do I not have a reason to be upset?
Nov 26, 2013
38 posts
5 upvotes
West St Paul, MB
Talick wrote:
Jan 21st, 2016 12:48 pm
Yes I could. But that is not the point. They did not fulfill half the product of the sale they made, yet they charged full price. That is slimy. They could have given me $35 of store credit to satisfy the incentives of the sale, among other possibilities. But they gave me an expiring coupon for $5, which is less than the cost to get me to the damn post office/store and back. Not to mention I would have to go outta my way in cold weather, wait in lines, etc. all for their mistake. Do I not have a reason to be upset?
i hear ya. same thing happened to me. i actually made a post on the subreddit amiibocanada and quite a few people had this happen to them as well. Its slimy. people would place a second order for the "out of stock amiibo" and it would ship. They're blatantly baiting and switching (as evident by little mac still being up days after)
Jan 21, 2010
310 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
michaelc204 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2016 8:31 pm
i hear ya. same thing happened to me. i actually made a post on the subreddit amiibocanada and quite a few people had this happen to them as well. Its slimy. people would place a second order for the "out of stock amiibo" and it would ship. They're blatantly baiting and switching (as evident by little mac still being up days after)
Woah. They actually are doing the same thing with Dark Pit? There's a guy who actually did the same thing as me too and ordered Dark Pit separately to see if they fulfill it. WOW. This is slimy to the next level. If they ship lil mac to me at this point, I'll go off.
Nov 23, 2009
535 posts
165 upvotes
Canadian retailers are getting desperate. Let them stew in their overstocked inventory and hold out for the real mega sales when they're forced to clear it out.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
3704 posts
1255 upvotes
Toronto
dealswithit wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 2:34 pm
So basically it's buy an amiibo at regular price, and get this ugly amiibo no one wants for free. Not worth it for me.
-There, there... they don't really mean it
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝