The Trading Post is intended for individuals to buy, sell, and trade between one another. RedFlagDeals.com cannot guarantee the legitimacy of the buyer, seller, trader, or the items being exchanged. RedFlagDeals.com does not take responsibility of any sort for any transactions that takes place between individuals.
Please post your items in the proper forum:
- BST: Apparel: If you wish to buy, sell, or trade apparel or related accessories post here.
- BST: Computer Hardware, Software & Accessories: If you wish to buy, sell, or trade computer hardware, software, webcams, PDAs, etc. post here.
- BST: Cell Phones & Accessories: If you wish to buy, sell, or trade cell phones or related accessories post here.
- BST: Electronics: If you wish to buy, sell, or trade, DVD Players, Cameras, MP3 Players, and other electronics, post here.
- BST: Gift Cards: If you wish to buy, sell, or trade gift cards post here.
- BST: Automotive & Accessories: If you wish to buy, sell, or trade automotive related items post here.
- BST: Textbooks: If you wish to buy, sell, or trade text books post here.
- BST: Tickets: Buy, sell, or trade concert, sporting, travel or event tickets here.
- BST: Video Games, Music & Movies: If you wish to buy, sell, or trade DVDs, video games or consoles, or music, etc. post here. Video game equipment should be posted here, but DVD players and MP3 players should go in the BST: Electronics.
- BST: Everything Else: If you wish to buy, sell, or trade clothing, Condos, or something that doesn't fit the above BST forums, post here.
- Free Stuff: If you wish to give something away, post it here.
- Group Buys: User organized group buys.
- You are limited to 2 threads per BST sub-forum at a time. You can have 2 threads in BST: Electronics and 2 threads in BST: Textbooks.
- You are limited to 5 new items per thread. Used items have no limit but we reserve the right to limit quantities at our discretion.
- Exceptions to above limits: Season tickets to sporting events are allowed.
- No cross posting. You cannot post your item in multiple BST forums.
- You must list a fixed price for your item(s). Trades do not require prices.
- No auction style posts will be allowed. Leave the bidding to eBay.
- Threadcrapping will not be tolerated. Only reply if you have a legitimate question.
- You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession. If you don’t have it, you can’t sell it.
- No alcohol, tobacco, pornography, pirated software/games, counterfeit merchandise or weapon sales allowed.
- Tickets cannot be sold for above face value. Face value is considered the price listed on your ticket.
- You may only bump your thread once every 12 hours. Any reply of yours is considered a bump even if answering a question.
- Services are not allowed in the Buy, Sell, and Trading Post.
- Businesses are not permitted to use the BST.
- Leave your contact information whether that is your e-mail address, MSN, ICQ, Skype, etc. You must be able to contact one another to be able to buy, sell, or trade. Before you complete a deal, it is recommended that you obtain each other's phone number and ensure that the number works.
- Use common sense. If the deal seems too good to be true then take extra precaution.
- Clarity is key. Links to a product's website are often helpful. Be honest when describing the condition of used parts. Make sure there is a mutual understanding of what is being paid for and what is expected and get it in writing where possible. Agree on any terms of sale before the transaction takes place. (ie: damage responsibility, excess charges, guarantees, and payment options). It is a good idea to include your location in your post.
- Keep in touch when making transactions. Let the buyer know when money has arrived, items have been shipped, and if you're having any difficulties. In case of deals gone bad, keep a record of your discussion.
- Honesty is the best policy. If you promised to sell at a set price don't change it after someone has met that price.
- Check for references. Established traders will usually have RedFlagDeals.com BST Feedback, Heatware (http://www.heatware.com/) and/or eBay references. If a trader claims to have references but cannot produce them, take extra precautions when trading. The number of posts and the length of time they have been registered is a good place to begin but there are no guarantees. We recommend that you try to contact someone the seller has previously dealt with for a reference.
- Attempt to resolve any issues in private. If the issue cannot be resolved after a reasonable amount of time send the Moderators or Administrators a private message. Post a message to warn others if necessary, however keep it respectful.
- Make proper packaging and shipping a priority. Tracking and insurance on a shipment is obviously preferred. Remember to use anti-static bags for component that are sensitive in nature. Make sure an item is sufficiently padded on all sides.
- Leave an accurate evaluation at the end of the deal.
- Make sure you know what you are purchasing. Attempt to get all the relevant information such as conditions/usage, what's included, refund possibility etc. Sometimes in the haste of getting in on a good deal, you may end up with something you didn't quite anticipate.
- Most gift cards have a phone number on the back that allows you to check the balance. For more information on gift card trading, read this thread: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...d.php?t=237948
- Trading takes two - it's the responsibility of BOTH parties to ensure a smooth transaction. For sellers, follow up on the trade. For buyers, make sure that you're comfortable with the sale. Both of you should have some sort of feedback venue, like Heatware or eBay. Nothing is fool proof, but it's something.
- Clear communication - Ask questions, keep records, and above all, be specific. This applies to both seller and buyer. DON'T ASSUME
- Calm communication - When you're hot and toasty mad, don't go sending that message in a hurry. Take a deep breath, heck, take ten. Think about it and try to avoid rash statements. This hinders any kind of mediation process.
Sep 13th, 2010 until Oct 15th, 2018
- Join Date
- May 18th, 2003
BST Rules and Guidelines (Updated May 2016)
Sep 7th, 2010 until Jan 1st, 2021
- Join Date
- May 18th, 2003
Complete Forum Rules & Tips - Read Before Posting
Below is the primary set of rules that are to be followed throughout the entire site. Please ensure you follow them when you post and be respectful towards your fellow members. Those who violate the rules may be punished including possibly having their account suspended.
- Do not post inappropriate content (anything illegal, overly graphic/sexual or non-PG)
- Personal attacks against another user will not be tolerated
- Discrimination against individual sexual preferences, race, culture or religion will not be tolerated
- Racial comments or Ethnic Profiling is strictly prohibited
- Be courteous to new users (we were all there before)
- Profanity is not allowed (this includes bypassing the bad word filters and using asterisks or other characters instead)
- Do not spam or advertise (including posting non-RFD affiliate links or referral links)
- Suggesting people contact you for a referral and requesting referrals are both not permitted
- Do not post with the purpose of enticing fights (trolling)
- Religious and political content are not allowed
- Cookie stuffing is not permitted and will result in an immediate ban
- Do not post the private information of individuals or businesses unless you have the expressed written consent to do so
- There is a limit of 1 account per person
- For legal reasons do not post coupon codes or any other content from the Retail-Me-Not website
- It is your responsibility to ensure you read and are aware of additional rules which may be present in certain forums which are clearly shown via a pinned thread or announcement
- The use of URL shortening services is strictly prohibited
- RedFlagDeals reserves the right to edit and/or remove any content it deems inappropriate
- Respect the decisions made by our staff
- Signatures have a 4 line limit
- Maximum font size in signatures is 3
- No images are allowed within the signature area
- External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings
- All standard forum rules apply to signature content
- Animated images are not allowed
- All standard forum rules apply to avatar content
If you break the rules, you may receive an infraction. Think of it as similar to a traffic ticket without a monetary fine. Certain offences will be worth more points than others depending on their severity. Infractions expire over time, vary in length and stack with one another.
Once you reach an infraction level of between 10 and 14, your account becomes placed under moderation (your posts will need to be approved by our staff) until an infraction expires bringing you down to below 10.
When you reach an infraction level of 15 or more, your account becomes temporarily suspended. During this period of time you will have access to your private messages but will not be able to post. Consider this your strike 1. Similar to baseball, once you reach 3 strikes (suspensions) you are out and your account will be permanently suspended. Certain offences (posting nude images, cookie stuffing, etc.) will net you an immediate permanent suspension without any warning.
You do have the choice to appeal your infractions by either private messaging an Administrator or writing to us via the Contact Us page.
Pro Tip: Arguing with the person who gave you the infraction isn’t likely to do anything but increase your infraction level.
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as necessary for the greater good of the community.