• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2005 9:18 am
Tags:
None
May 5, 2004
150 posts
2 upvotes

[The Brick] Buy Sofa/Loveseat/Chair get 52" RCA Free @ The Brick

Might be a good deal for someone looking to buy an entire set of leather living room furniture. Right now at The Brick online, when you buy the living room set (which is priced at 999 per unit) you get the TV free. A better way to look at it is that you get the 3 pieces for $1000 after you buy the tv for $1900.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2004
4784 posts
686 upvotes
At the wholesale level, imported "all top grain leather" sofa/chair/loveseat sets are approx. $1,000.

So...do the math...the TV is far from free!
Feb 6, 2005
624 posts
11 upvotes
Surrey
plymouthhater wrote:At the wholesale level, imported "all top grain leather" sofa/chair/loveseat sets are $1,000.

Haha... yup.

This sale is on ALL the time. The love seats are outrageously priced... 1000+ dollars and then with the couch/chair and what not you have paid an outrageous price..

The TV's are never good either... just old rear projections with bad quality.

RCA is THE WORST to buy in big screen format also... the most breakdowns in the industry. With small tube TV's they are awesome though :cheesygri
May 25, 2004
219 posts
Montreal, QC, CANADA
I agree with InternalStorm1. Theses sales are on all year long, and you ought to pay a little 500$ more to get a decent living room set and especially a better TV. RCA is a pretty cheap brand for big screens... you get what you pay for.

Not so good deal.
Feb 17, 2004
966 posts
19 upvotes
No kidding, I hate it when the Brick does stuff like this.

"Buy our over priced sofa, love seat and recliner and get a crappy TV for free!"
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4109 posts
257 upvotes
Toronto
the bricks sales are such scams
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'11 Rome 390 Boss Black
'08 K2 T1
Aug 26, 2003
472 posts
19 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote:At the wholesale level, imported "all top grain leather" sofa/chair/loveseat sets are approx. $1,000.

not everyone can get it at the "wholesale-imported" level prices...i am looking for a set and i find it extremely difficult to find any of the so-called wholesale prices...

anyone know of any in the gta area?
Nov 6, 2003
254 posts
8 upvotes
come to Vancouver. Lots of places selling the sofa loveseat and chair for 1300-1600. Although, I would hope the Brick stood behind their furniture more. My sister bought the 1300 set from a no name furniture store and the thing started falling apart and other issues in 6 months. Again, you get what you pay for. Good news is they gave her the $3000 set for only $300 more? Hey, wait a tic.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
5959 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

Some are linked to the same post...but it's all here...

Best of luck buying from the Brick fellas....

They don't care about their customers, and I challenge anyone here to prove different.

(I can't think of an way to use post 2,500 then this...)
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4609 posts
72 upvotes
Winnipeg
You know what's worse than a Brick "Sale"? It's when they hold a gun to your head to try to get you to buy an extended warranty on the stuff you want to buy. I will never ever go to the Brick again after I experienced the "YOU NEED TO BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY" pitch that I went through with 4 different salespersons at the Brink.

Like Mr T.....I pity the fool who walks into the Brick the buy something!
Sep 1, 2004
547 posts
29 upvotes
The Brick is the worst company ever. Other than the obvious crappy salemen, I really really hate their TV ads. Annoying as hell and comes on too often. Lucky I got a PVR to skip that crap.

As for furniture deal in general, unless it's Ikea, all furniture has 100%+ mark up's. ALL furniture stores do it. You'll be out of business if you don't. So you'll always have 50% to work with when dealing. And if salesmen say no, just walk away. Brick has higher cost due to ads, you may find better deals in a smaller shop that carries similar products and better prices/deals/friendlier salemen.

This deal in a break down:

Sofa/loveseat/chair = This set or similar you can get it anywhere for about $1500-$1800 without bargaining.

RCA TV = Retails for $1500 but anybody know if ain't worth that much due to quality of picture. Brick just want to clear their stocks.

So you are basically paying retail for all items. now if the salemen can drop another $500-$800 on this price, then it's a good deal.
× < >