• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2016 2:08 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
This situation really needed a Dash Cam?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
I'm seriously considering this.
https://www.amazon.ca/AUTO-VOX-Dashboar ... al_qh_dp_t

It's the capacitor version too!!! No more battery dying after a year.

Isn't this the newest version and there was a lot of talk about this cam great quality? Much better than the shitty blackview 400ii I bought and had battery problem and lens fogging after a year of usage, requiring me to open it every 3 months, which was a pain. Not to mention the safety concern when the thing would get >80Cº.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1862 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote: This situation really needed a Dash Cam?
No but it was the dumb witnesses that backed the dumb driver turning left.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
You don't have to spend a great deal if all you want is video decent enough to prove your case, dash cam $27 shipped on amazon fits the bill just fine. Had mine for a year and a half now still working just fine.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3209 posts
1742 upvotes
Markham
The cop who wrote the ticket is a moron. There is ZERO situation in which the guy turning left should receive no tickets. If its a green light, why did he turn when it was not clear. If its a red light, why is he turning left on a red light. So stupid, just like the title says, everyone needs a dashcam due to the idiots out there.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13011 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
There are 2 cars stopped at the red. They should have provided witness evidence that dash car had the green. But seriously, it's like that white Hyundai Coupe driver that cut in front and made a illegal right turn. Are these ppl on crack or something?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Crack? Maybe.

Blame the system.

I showed the video to my boy and he said, "that's what happens when people buy their driver's license.". LOL

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
cloakster wrote: The cop who wrote the ticket is a moron. There is ZERO situation in which the guy turning left should receive no tickets. If its a green light, why did he turn when it was not clear. If its a red light, why is he turning left on a red light. So stupid, just like the title says, everyone needs a dashcam due to the idiots out there.
+1

If you need witnesses to do your flipping job...then again it shouldn't be a surprise. High school diploma gets you a badge and a gun.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
One possible thing to do is, if he doesn't have a dashcam, video record the light at the intersection at the same time to see if it does has an advance green. The woman will be at fault if not.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1361 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
The lesson here isn't just any dashcam but a dashcam with a LCD display. What if op did tell the officer (would the officer have waited for his brother to bring the laptop?) I highly doubt it instead the officer would probably just say the same thing show it in court.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Cops are too lazy to hang around, they got to get to their next break.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Dec 24, 2013
668 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
It looks like the lady was already on her phone before getting hit and immediately had it out after getting hit.

Texting and driving?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
That dumb blonde was probably busy lighting up her cigarette.

That's one of stupidest accidents ever.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
betamaxman wrote: You don't have to spend a great deal if all you want is video decent enough to prove your case, dash cam $27 shipped on amazon fits the bill just fine. Had mine for a year and a half now still working just fine.
You need a good dashcam, not just a "27$ shipped cam". Most knock off's stop working, randomly restart the video, have huge delays between creating new files, improperly closing files when power is cutoff, etc. If you are going to actually invest in a dashcam spend your money on a reputable dashcam, even if it costs north of 100$.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
You need a dash cam so that the authorities can ignore it.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Jan 30, 2013
185 posts
74 upvotes
In the original post, clearly the driver with the dashcam is at fault for failing to yield to a female.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Messerschmitt wrote:
betamaxman wrote: You don't have to spend a great deal if all you want is video decent enough to prove your case, dash cam $27 shipped on amazon fits the bill just fine. Had mine for a year and a half now still working just fine.
You need a good dashcam, not just a "27$ shipped cam". Most knock off's stop working, randomly restart the video, have huge delays between creating new files, improperly closing files when power is cutoff, etc. If you are going to actually invest in a dashcam spend your money on a reputable dashcam, even if it costs north of 100$.
And yet mine, the one I linked to works just fine, for almost a year and a half now.
The only issue I had was with the shock sensor locking files and the card filling up. That in most part to the rough roads here on pei, so I simply disabled that feature choosing to manually lock what ever file I want to protect instead.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
If get in accident and it's not your fault:

1) Take sd card out of dash cam and put it in your phone
2) Find video of the crash (should be the latest one on the card, or possibly latest 2) and upload it to Google Drive (in case cop asks to see video and "accidentally" deletes it), it should be a quick upload because most dashcams split video into 3 or 5 minute chunks (if your dashcam doesn't do this, get one that does)
3) Show video to cop on your phone, ideally before he writes the ticket because once he writes the ticket he can't rip it up even if there is new evidence

Should practice doing this just so you know how to do it if you actually need to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)