Hot Deals

[buyapi.ca] Raspberry Pi 3 model B - 35 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 8:47 pm
Jul 28, 2004
502 posts
20 upvotes
Regina
Is this capable of being used for a Plex server? I see there are tutorials but will it handle 1080P streams with files on a NAS
Nov 5, 2008
263 posts
92 upvotes
Shawinigan, QC
chasun wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:11 pm
Thanks for your comparison, I headed to amazon.ca and did a quick search. There's another seller (also 'prime') LANDZO selling Pi3.
Product name is LANDZO Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Motherboard. Read some reviews and seems to deliver what it promised... and after all if it's marked 'prime' you're covered by amazon.
Price: 46.99 but most importantly, when I check out, it is eligible for free shipping even for non-prime members, and NO TAX. so 46.99 is all you're going to pay.
Cheaper than buyapi and the other amazon deal marked at $48.37(this one you need to pay HST, ends up paying 54.xx)
note: my shipping address is Ontario... i can't say anything about other provinces or even countries...
Hey Thanks for this, but the no tax thing seems weird, sometime they put the tax after the order no ?

i also saw the osmc remote (29$) on buyapi.. since im using a Kodi it seems a good choice (i actually use an old ATI wonder video card remote) and the Long-Range 300Mbps Wireless-N Adapter (17$)... I want to move from my RPI2 to 3 for my kodi box (cut out Cogeco cable at my GF house)
Jul 15, 2015
17 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wouldn't recommend running plex server on the pi3, it won't be able to transcode.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1114 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa
lavabo wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:25 pm
Hey Thanks for this, but the no tax thing seems weird, sometime they put the tax after the order no ?

i also saw the osmc remote (29$) on buyapi.. since im using a Kodi it seems a good choice (i actually use an old ATI wonder video card remote) and the Long-Range 300Mbps Wireless-N Adapter (17$)... I want to move from my RPI2 to 3 for my kodi box (cut out Cogeco cable at my GF house)
I think it's no tax because the seller doesn't collect HST (possibly a Chinese seller that gets fulfilled through Amazon). I ordered one when it was a lightning deal just the other week and wasn't charged HST. I also ordered some sandbags for my photo stands from another Amazon reseller and wasn't charged HST for that either.
Mar 20, 2016
96 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
lavabo wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:19 am
Almost same price as amazon with shipping

Total buyapi 48.30 no PST
total amazon 50.79 noPST (maybe at end of checkout yes...)

11$ shipping for such a small item is a steal...
A regular parcel from Canada Post is $14-16, its not a steal at all. Complain to CP if you want about their rates.
May 23, 2009
7 posts
Montreal
Totoriko wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:51 pm
What I hate with retropie is that it corrupts the sd card data if it's not shut down properly
This is a legit reason to avoid an rpi. One power outage is all it takes. It's happened to me a few times.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1767 posts
482 upvotes
I've placed a few orders with buyapi.ca before. Reliable vendor, highly recommended.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
3902 posts
847 upvotes
tkaravou wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:02 pm
This is a legit reason to avoid an rpi. One power outage is all it takes. It's happened to me a few times.
I had set up a retropie in my car for the kids to play. Now I've replaced it with a SNES classic instead because of this issue.
Mar 12, 2011
380 posts
125 upvotes
Can you watch Bell Fibe through a browser on a Raspberry Pi?
Aug 1, 2009
113 posts
59 upvotes
Ontario
tkaravou wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:02 pm
there are battery mods for the pi to avoid this... I use my Pi 2 to run hass.io so I can control my tplink switches with siri ....