Scammers and Warnings

Locked: **Buyer beware** Buying TruMedic massage chairs MC2000 & MC3000 on Facebook & Kijiji.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 2:02 pm
[OP]
Jul 15, 2018
3 posts

**Buyer beware** Buying TruMedic massage chairs MC2000 & MC3000 on Facebook & Kijiji.

My experience with Trumedic massage chairs sold by Tim Milly and Manuel Brown
(on kijiji and Facebook buy&sell groups)

Upon seeing their posts in Buy&Sell groups on facebook, I got in touch with Tim and bought a massage chair. He advertised it as like new condition without box but with one year warranty. Cash only. It's about $2000 cheaper than costco.ca.

Tim and his partner delivered the massage chair on Monday, July 9th around 10am. The massage chair was defective, but I'd already paid them in full. I called Tim, he said he will come back in a few hours for repair. 3 hrs came by, I called him again, this time he said his partner will get in touch with me. His partner only communicates by txt. He was providing me with useless instructions, basically wants me to open up the chair and repair myself. I wanted to call a warranty hotline, he dodged my question. I called Tim again, asked him if my warranty is activated, he avoided my question, insist this is an easy issue and he can handle this himself. He promised to come by for repair Monday night or Tuesday.

Monday night passed by, Tuesday passed by, I txted Tim on Wednesday to follow up. Thursday he finally txted back. No mention of the repair, instead wants me to send a video to a random email address. I called him right away. This time he was juvenile and rude. Giving me excuses after excuses why he can't come for repair and argue with me what's wrong with my massage chair along with personal attacks.

I googled TruMedic warranty hotline and spoke to them on Thursday. They did not have the record of my warranty. But they promised to call Toronto office to find out more. On Friday, TruMedic confirmed one year warranty and Pierre from Toronto office called back. He is exactly what I expected, professional and efficient. After briefly listened to my description of the massage chair issue, he promised to send a repair team to my house next week. The whole process took less than 5 mins on the phone.

If you still want to purchase TruMedic massage chair. I highly recommend the following.

- Before purchase, go to Trumedic showroom at 2056 Ellesmere Rd. Unit 1 to test it out in person. It's best to confirm with Pierre Robert if the sale online is legitimate. He is the Director of Operations at TruMedic (his information can be found on LinkedIn.)
- When pay deposit for delivery, ask for banking info for direct deposit instead of E-transfer for record keeping.
- Upon delivery, try out the massage chair. Do not pay in full until you are satisfied.
- After delivery, it's best to call Trumedic warranty hotline to confirm that your machine is registered for warranty.
- For any warranty issues, just call Trumedic directly. Don't count on professional customer service from your kijiji/facebook salesperson.
Images
  • Screenshot_20180712-131333.png
  • Screenshot_20180712-131343.png
  • July 9th 2018 - Tim's partner.jpg
  • July 9th - 12th 2018 - Timothy Millington.jpg
Last edited by KDToronto on Jul 18th, 2018 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Share:
5 replies
[OP]
Jul 15, 2018
3 posts
Update July 16th 2018: I can't believe I have more to update on this matter. I honestly thought my original review was the end of the story and I never have to deal with Tim and his partner again. Well, not so fast! After finding my review above, The team started to harass me. 2 emails, 2 phone calls and 2 txt in the span of 1 hour on a Sunday afternoon. Threating me to take down my review. I ended up blocking both of their numbers. I was infuriated. Who are those people? And do they really work for TruMedic? How can a company allow this kind of behavior from employees? I set plan to contact Pierre (Director of Operations at TruMedic) to get to the bottom of this.
Images
  • p4.png
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1042 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
You bought a Trumedic chair online from somebody for cash. Why would you think you would get trumedic store customer service unless they are authorized dealers - which you would probably not get $2000 cheaper than typical distributors. Instead of checking instore everything prior to purchasing - just buy it instore if you don't want the risk. You always take a gamble from buying it from 3rd party dealers using Kijiji/facebook. My guess you got a refurb or someone selling overstock/liquidation.

Anyways - sucks you went through the hassle but if you are $2000 up - consider that your compensation.
[OP]
Jul 15, 2018
3 posts
jesterwilly2004 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 6:46 pm
You bought a Trumedic chair online from somebody for cash. Why would you think you would get trumedic store customer service unless they are authorized dealers - which you would probably not get $2000 cheaper than typical distributors. Instead of checking instore everything prior to purchasing - just buy it instore if you don't want the risk. You always take a gamble from buying it from 3rd party dealers using Kijiji/facebook. My guess you got a refurb or someone selling overstock/liquidation.

Anyways - sucks you went through the hassle but if you are $2000 up - consider that your compensation.
You are right, the saving was a big factor, but I did the research before purchase, I checked online reviews, scam/warning posts. The cost on the massage chair is still a big purchase for my family, I wasn't just going to hand it to a stranger I found on facebook. What really sold me was when Tim sent me to Pierre (TruMedic's Director of Operation) to test out the chair at TruMedic Scarborough showroom. Pierre was not there when I visited, but I tried the massage chair and the warehouse employee was very nice and attentive. It's reassuring to know Tim has a close relationship with TruMedic. Also TruMedic supplies massage chairs on Costco.ca and BJ's Wholesale, (US equivalent of Costco). I thought by association, they must have a process in place to work with the best distributors available, Tim, in this case.

I expected the massage chair to be refurb or return from Costco.ca, and probably might have issues here and there. I was perfectly willing to work with that. I figured that is what the one year manufacturer warranty is for. I have never complained about the defective massage chair on delivery, I did not mind that I had to wait for someone to repair my massage chair. What frustrates me is that when I repeatedly asked about warranty information, Tim insisted that he can handle the repair himself. He promised to come to my home on two occasions, yet he never showed up. He acted as he is doing me a personal favor.

When I actually fed up with him and called TruMedic warranty line and sort everything out myself. And it took 2 days for them to get back to me confirming warranty, but the whole process was a breeze. Exactly what I expected from a company who work with Costco. I wish someone else had posted a warning review online so I could save myself the headache and frustration. Just contact TruMedic directly for warranty.

Aside from getting this frustration off my chest, I hope in my review I have provided good tips for whoever plans to purchase TruMedic massage chair on facebook/kiiji. But personally, after receiving harassing phone calls on Sunday, I think I will not purchase anything from a business that solely operates on facebook/kijiji anymore. Just buy it in the store, wait for a sale.
Nov 7, 2018
1 posts
I was just trashed talked and threatened bacuse our bad conversation that had gone on and on finally ended when he said he would try a lawsuite for deformation of character and all that legal jaz when he had no problem messaging me useless text of argument. I FOUND THIS POST AND ASKED HIM ABOUT IT AND THATS WHEN HE STARTED WITH THE POLICE AND LAWSUITS. HOW WAS I TARNISHING THEIR NAME WHEN 4 MONTJS AGO THEY RIPPED THIS GUY OFF FOR HIS CHAIR. ???? I WILL SCREEN SHOT HIS MESSGAGES AND HE WAS ACTING SO DAMN TOUGH UNTIL I ASKED HIM ABPUT THIS 4 MONTH OLD POST. THANK YPU FOR THIS POST.
Last edited by MarcosK2061 on Nov 8th, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10931 posts
5752 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
If a deal is too good to be true, usually it's too good to be true.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!