• Feb 25th, 2017 1:42 am
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 25, 2013
4 posts
1 upvote
toronto

Buyer beware of Buytopia!!

I bought a Dafni hair straightening brush from buytopia.ca. It retails for around $200 at showcase. Upon receiving it, I suspected that it is fake. So I emailed Dafni customer service and they confirmed that it is fake and that showcase is the only dealer in Canada. I have called and emailed buytopia multiple times but did not get any response from them. I posted a comment on their website, it never got published. I sent a message on facebook, no response. I trusted this website cause apparently Michele Romanow, who is one of the dragons on Dragons Den is the co founder of this site. But they don't care about their customers at all! Anyway, don't buy from this website. They don't back their products, they don't give refunds and there is no customer service! I have reported the incident to Ontario consumer services. If this thing is fake that means it does not meet Canadian standards and can be an electrical hazard. I will make sure I report it to the Canadian Anti-Counterfeiting Network.
PS- I took a picture of the tag on the wire; what language is that!
Images
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3297 posts
1934 upvotes
North Vancouver
The usual. All you can do is call your credit card company and initiate a chargeback.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7023 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto
If it's too good to be true, it's usually too good to be true.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
6924 posts
462 upvotes
Markham
Same as any swarovski or diamond on other group buy sites
You won't get any of those at 75%-80% off. Common Sense.

Not sure about Buytopia, I had bad experience with dealfind before and stop using other Group Buy sites other than Groupon.
And I only purchase restaurant or other service deals, not goods. Most of the time, shipping kills it when buying physical goods.
Last edited by MP3_SKY on Jan 9th, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Jul 9, 2016
148 posts
42 upvotes
Barrie
Alot of the stuff on those sites are dropshiped from China. Looks like its chargeback time!
Jan 20, 2017
1 posts
Hi I got scammed by buytopia as well. I knew something was off just from the way the dafni brush was shipped. I have emailed and called them but no response - did they ever get back to you?
Sep 3, 2006
93 posts
17 upvotes
Looks like Hebrew. It may not mean that the brush is a fake. Does it have a CSA or CUL label on it?
[OP]
Apr 25, 2013
4 posts
1 upvote
toronto
Never heard back from them. Reported them to cacn.ca.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
12966 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
I don't trust products from these sites. Just services.
"Deal of the Day" addict
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel