Group Deal Discussion

Buyers becareful when purchasing from Wagjag!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2017 10:11 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 20, 2008
7 posts

Buyers becareful when purchasing from Wagjag!!!!!

SCAM REFUND??
Purchased tickets and needed a refund a week before the expiry date. I sent an email requesting for refund. They promptly got back to me asking why. I told them my reason and they sent one back and said,
"I will look into trying to cancel these vouchers, please be advised that they are transferable. If you have someone that may want to take advantage of the great experience for a low price you are able to transfer it to them. "

The reply showed lack of commitment and confidence to refund the tickets, when this is is a refund that I was entitled to.

I emailed them three more times, before the expiry date asking how the progress was going, and I have not head anything back. Ever since that last email I received from Wagjag, I did not hear from them again, and it's been over a week. The tickets are now expired, I have not used them. If I knew that the tickets were not going to be refunded, I would have gave them away.

Their communication is absolutely horrible and they need to make major improvements to their services, if they want to be able to compete. I feel like I got scammed for a refund that I am entitled to as a customer, this is absolutely ridiculous and I am getting very fed up with their incompetence .

The sad thing is, at the same time I needed a refund from teambuy, and I got the refund in 3 days of my first email. They were super friendly, professional and prompt.

I will not be purchasing from them again, and I will advise family and friends not to as well. Buyers please beware of this.
185 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3880 posts
449 upvotes
MoogleDoll wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 8:59 am
SCAM REFUND??
Purchased tickets and needed a refund a week before the expiry date. I sent an email requesting for refund. They promptly got back to me asking why. I told them my reason and they sent one back and said,
"I will look into trying to cancel these vouchers, please be advised that they are transferable. If you have someone that may want to take advantage of the great experience for a low price you are able to transfer it to them. "

The reply showed lack of commitment and confidence to refund the tickets, when this is is a refund that I was entitled to.

I emailed them three more times, before the expiry date asking how the progress was going, and I have not head anything back. Ever since that last email I received from Wagjag, I did not hear from them again, and it's been over a week. The tickets are now expired, I have not used them. If I knew that the tickets were not going to be refunded, I would have gave them away.

Their communication is absolutely horrible and they need to make major improvements to their services, if they want to be able to compete. I feel like I got scammed for a refund that I am entitled to as a customer, this is absolutely ridiculous and I am getting very fed up with their incompetence .

The sad thing is, at the same time I needed a refund from teambuy, and I got the refund in 3 days of my first email. They were super friendly, professional and prompt.

I will not be purchasing from them again, and I will advise family and friends not to as well. Buyers please beware of this.
WagJag handles refunds on a case by case basis. Technically all sales are final but we will always see what we can do to make you happy. If you would like to request a refund please email us at info@wagjag.com with the details of the situation and we’ll see what we can do for you. Please note that the vouchers we distribute are actually issued by the merchant, not us.

You aren't entitled to ****.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8209 posts
1376 upvotes
London
C'mon man, a week before the expiry? You bought it and didn't plan appropriately.
If it were me, I'd tell you to fly a kite; they are pretty blunt about the return policy.

What is the refund policy?

WagJag handles refunds on a case by case basis. Technically all sales are final but we will always see what we can do to make you happy. If you would like to request a refund please email us at info@wagjag.com with the details of the situation and we’ll see what we can do for you. Please note that the vouchers we distribute are actually issued by the merchant, not us.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2003
3253 posts
54 upvotes
I know nobody likes to take personal responsibilty anymore, but maybe read the terms before you buy something.
It doesn't sound like they did anything wrong, just you bought something you didn't really want/need.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2631 posts
76 upvotes
Similar thing happened to me with Second City event ordered through Ticket Masters. Since the wife wasn't feeling well, I requested a refund on the morning of - Ticket Master dude sounded confident, but as the time of the event approached, it looked to me like increasingly they were making false promises.

Sure enough, I didn't receive any communication about it up until or after the event. So essentially, I would've paid for the tickets without using em. Then they would've made some nice free money.

Luckily, I caught on to the fact and told the wife - and even though she wasn't feeling well, she was like "hell, we have to go!". So we did :) .

The problem with these organizers is not that they won't give you a refund - according to the conditions of sale, they don't have to give you a refund. The problem is that they MISLEAD you to thinking that you will likely get a refund when you call, when you actually won't.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6721 posts
515 upvotes
Are you guys serious? You think you can get a refund for tickets of your wife is sick or you have 'a good reason'? That's complete b/s. You are living in a dream world, these are tickets, not a microwave. How the hell would they resell them that late.

Get with it!
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6284 posts
442 upvotes
Help me
Tough luck bro. Next time don't buy something you won't use.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2144 posts
189 upvotes
It's just that when you buy from fabfind, wagjag, teambuy - you're already buying the service/product at a very discounted price in which neither the reseller nor merchant expects refund / flexibility.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2631 posts
76 upvotes
matdwyer wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 11:41 am
Are you guys serious? You think you can get a refund for tickets of your wife is sick or you have 'a good reason'? That's complete b/s. You are living in a dream world, these are tickets, not a microwave. How the hell would they resell them that late.

Get with it!

I am presuming the wife getting sick comment was directed towards me - if so I just have to ask, did you only comprehend half my post? Or is it just more fun to ignore some points on purpose?
Phoenix3434 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:21 am
The problem with these organizers is not that they won't give you a refund - according to the conditions of sale, they don't have to give you a refund. The problem is that they MISLEAD you to thinking that you will likely get a refund when you call, when you actually won't.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1242 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal
I would not trust my money with a name like "Wagjag"
Aug 23, 2010
988 posts
86 upvotes
Kherani wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:03 am
You aren't entitled to ****.

LOL

sorry OP, but you don't have a case here. maybe if it was a month away or if it was a commodity.
Contests Won: None :mad:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6721 posts
515 upvotes
Phoenix3434 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 1:18 pm
I am presuming the wife getting sick comment was directed towards me - if so I just have to ask, did you only comprehend half my post? Or is it just more fun to ignore some points on purpose?

I read all of it - I'm point out how its mind boggling to me that you had the balls to call in the first place.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4442 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
williamsauga wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 2:10 pm
I would not trust my money with a name like "Wagjag"

+1 I was wondering WTF with that name....lol
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7044 posts
747 upvotes
Burnaby
If you don't agree with the terms of purchase, don't buy from them. Don't complain after the fact

Thread rated 1 star for non-comprehension
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel