Group Deal Discussion

Buyers becareful when purchasing from Wagjag!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2018 12:22 pm
Tags:
Feb 12, 2005
541 posts
20 upvotes
Cheap wrote:
Aug 18th, 2011 2:59 pm
Why are you telling someone who is waiting for a response from you to contact your team again? Did you lose their number? Why not just send them a pm?

Jeeze Cheap you complain a lot. I hope they ban you from using their services. I have gotten a refund from WagJag and nothing but great things to say about them.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
isthatallugot wrote:
Aug 18th, 2011 7:21 pm
Jeeze Cheap you complain a lot. I hope they ban you from using their services. I have gotten a refund from WagJag and nothing but great things to say about them.

You're aware that you are posting in a thread on complaints about WagJag ;)

When I see someone come on RFD to promote their business and posting they have a FULL REFUND policy, and then when I look on their website it says ALL SALES FINAL. NO REFUNDS I am going to complain/post about it. It's that simple, this is RFD. Since I brought this up coincidentally, WagJag, just in the last few days changed their wording to fix this obvious discrepancy, so apparently someone at WagJag thought it was a problem as well.

How would you feel if someone told you that you were wrong because you were confused, and you later found out that you were right all along? And the truth turned out to be that the person who accused you of being confused was the one that had made the mistake and they were making you take the blame for it instead of admitting their mistake? I wouldn't like it, so I am going to complain/post about it in this case since it was done by someone promoting their business on RFD.

I know that WagJag has a good reputation in the marketplace. There are complaints around here about not getting a refund, but generally people are happy with them. I am not threadcrapping everywhere bad mouthing them, and I wouldn't discourage anyone I talk to from buying from them either. My point is that if people are going to use RFD to promote their business they should be accountable for what they write, and in the case of the refund policy WagJag agreed.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2764 posts
175 upvotes
The buyer (especially online) has all the time in the world to consider before making a purchase

The only legit complaint(s) is if the deal transaction went sour (i.e you paid and never received the coupon/e-mail/proof of purchase). Or the client is not honoring your deal for whatever reasonb.

Otherwise, all other complaints are a joke.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
WagJag_Frances wrote:
Aug 16th, 2011 10:23 am
Hi guys, Sorry to hear about your experiences, but as I've mentioned upthread, the best course of action is to contact our team at 1-855-492-4524 for more assistance.

I will call today, thanks. I will be expecting the additional credit that everyone else got.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Hey D-Roc, I don't know anything about the fireworks deal, I just thought I'd pass this along for anyone who can benefit. Enjoy your refund.

August 5, 2011
WagJag_Frances wrote:
Aug 5th, 2011 2:01 pm
we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for full refunds whenever customers contact us via phone or email
If you purchased anything from WagJag after this date you should be entitled to a full refund, despite the contradictory wording on their website that at the time claimed ALL SALES FINAL. NO REFUNDS. If you are denied a refund, report WagJag to RFD for using their forum to promote their business using deceptive marketing practices which violate the Consumer Protection Act.

If you purchased before this date, you are still entitled to a full refund but you may have to work for it. I'm sure the posters ;) in this thread would be more than happy to help anyone who was ripped off by WagJag.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1170 posts
178 upvotes
isthatallugot wrote:
Aug 18th, 2011 7:21 pm

Why would you hope Cheap get banned for being a smart shopper and identifying flaws in policies and deals? I actually really appreciate Cheap and Cas77 devoting so much effort to keep the merchants honest. It was through his diggings that the truth came out about the Parkway Bowl error. I would have interpreted that deal the same way as the OP (i.e. up to 24 games). How can 6 people bowl 4 games total?! Wagjag's response about 2 free bonus games was very weak, and then dared to say the OP was confused - come on, really?!! If merchants come here to post, be straight up. We are not fools.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Hey Meridian, thanks. And a big thank you for taking the time to point out in your post the same things that I find apalling about the way WagJag handled the Parky Bowl deal.

When I saw this thread pop up up again I thought I should check to see if someone else was complaining about me. ;) A lot, is a relative term. To me, complaining when a company misrepresents their T&C's on RFD while they are promoting their business, and stands by while an RFD'er takes a beating for their mistake is not a lot. Since I've been accused of complaining a lot, I'll give you an example of what I consider to be a lot.

Since WagJag_Frances showed up to promote the Parkway Bowl deal, there have been 4 positive (to WagJag) posts and each poster was thanked, and WagJag_Frances has thanked 4 people. I see 4 and think 2+2, that WagJag_Frances is thanking everyone for saying nice things about them. I think, so what, people thank everyone who says something they agree with, or nice things. To me, it's a novelty, it's not the same as actually posting misleading information. If RFD wants to let people promote their business by giving posters a thanks, then that's their business. I'm not going to complain about it.

For some though, maybe that's not a lot. They might think that the people who are using RFD to make money should be held to a higher standard and should remain neutral so as not to skew the viewpoint of someone reading the thread. And not go through a thread where they are promoting their business clicking thanks to the good posts, and ignoring the negative ones. They might think it cheapens a feature that they feel is important. They might complain about it in order to stop this practice since for them, its not a lot.

My main concern was with WagJag_Frances telling RFD'ers they had a full refund policy when their website said all sales final, no refunds. The irony is that if WagJag_Frances had taken responsibility right away for their mistake on the Parkway Bowl deal and the way na_sti was treated, I never would have seen their return policy and would have kept on believing as I did when I purchased from them, that I had a full refund guarantee.
Mar 25, 2009
568 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
I contacted Wagjag CS several days ago and all I got is a generic email confirming the receipt. No one responded yet to serious issues I have with Toronto Home Movies. I am trying to 1) get a refund for one of my coupons and 2) have Wagjag deal/stop the rip off (extra charges) happening at Toronto Home Movies.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
mcfrugal wrote:
Aug 30th, 2011 10:03 am
I contacted Wagjag CS several days ago and all I got is a generic email confirming the receipt. No one responded yet to serious issues I have with Toronto Home Movies. I am trying to 1) get a refund for one of my coupons and 2) have Wagjag deal/stop the rip off (extra charges) happening at Toronto Home Movies.
Send them another email and tell them that their employee, using the name WagJag_Frances posted on RFD that they offered full refunds if people were unhappy. Tell them if they don't give you a full refund you will complain to RFD that they are using RFD's forums to promote their business using deceptive marketing practices which violate the Consumer Protection Act. Come back and post if that doesn't work and you can take it to the next level if you like.
WagJag_Frances wrote:
Aug 5th, 2011 2:01 pm
we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for full refunds whenever customers contact us via phone or email
Dec 14, 2008
12 posts
Technically, what wagjag and groupon are doing is illegal.

They have cash value and therefore should not expire.

If I bought a gift card from walmart, it cannot legally expire. The same should apply here.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4083 upvotes
Ottawa
mcfrugal wrote:
Aug 30th, 2011 10:03 am
How long did it take them to contact you finally?

KJCLKJ wrote:
Sep 12th, 2011 9:19 am

If I bought a gift card from walmart, it cannot legally expire. The same should apply here.

With larger coupon companies it defaults back to what you put in. The cash value is what you put in. Nothing illegal.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5136 posts
49 upvotes
KJCLKJ wrote:
Sep 12th, 2011 9:19 am

The promotional value can expire, but not what you put in.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4083 upvotes
Ottawa
deal_with_singh wrote:
Sep 13th, 2011 4:43 pm
Why is this thread still alive?

Because I bumped it.

Ooops i did it again...