Group Deal Discussion

Buyers becareful when purchasing from Wagjag!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2018 12:22 pm
Tags:
Sep 20, 2011
14 posts
1 upvote
GRIMSBY
Bookpreviews wrote:
Sep 14th, 2011 12:16 am
The promotional value can expire, but not what you put in.

Is this true?

I had a cash value, pay $18 for $40 expire on me because I forgot to use it. Completely my fault.... not blaming anyone else, but if what you're saying is true, this voucher is still worth the $18?
Dec 9, 2011
9 posts
why is it that when we cant figure something out, we automatically think its a scam??
I have owned an online business for the past 6 years.. and I cant tell you how many people cannot follow simple instructions.
Not everyone is as computer savvy as you think.

If you just take a couple of minutes to figure out the site (wagjag.. or any website) you will most likely be able to figure out how to use the site, most businesses include phone numbers and can be contacted directly.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1411 posts
401 upvotes
Phoenix3434 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:21 am
Similar thing happened to me with Second City event ordered through Ticket Masters. Since the wife wasn't feeling well, I requested a refund on the morning of - Ticket Master dude sounded confident, but as the time of the event approached, it looked to me like increasingly they were making false promises.

Sure enough, I didn't receive any communication about it up until or after the event. So essentially, I would've paid for the tickets without using em. Then they would've made some nice free money.

Luckily, I caught on to the fact and told the wife - and even though she wasn't feeling well, she was like "hell, we have to go!". So we did :) .

The problem with these organizers is not that they won't give you a refund - according to the conditions of sale, they don't have to give you a refund. The problem is that they MISLEAD you to thinking that you will likely get a refund when you call, when you actually won't.

BTW: If you're concerned about someone getting sick/won't be able to attend, some credit cards offers extra insurance to cover these circumstances for a few $/month.

Sometimes you're just SOL if you think about these things when you're making the purchase. I take purchases quite seriously at times, assuming all sales final; however I also take it quite seriously when the vendors don't meet their own terms/conditions.
Fraud / Scam / Bad Business Practices (file a complaint) (CLICK HERE FOR LINKS!)

■░▒▓█ BC Liberals = HST! We shall not forget! █▓▒░■
Oct 28, 2011
15 posts
Victoria
worst experience online shopping ever. https://www.wagjag.com/myaccount?w=51741#

bought this stupid jerky from wagjag grocery on Dec 10th. emailed the merchant but Never got answers.

Contacted wagjag customer service on Jan 3rd regarding canceling my order due to horrible customer service.

Since my item was not sent yet I requested full refund including the shipping cost and the customer representative agreed.

Next day, this representative emailed me saying that the item was sent on Jan 4th and No refund. WTF I called and confirmed on 3rd that

item was not sent yet. Then, I got this email from manager for Wagjag grocery, Chant Spencer saying he wants to talk to me. He was saying

since the item was sent already the refund cannot be made and explaining all sorts of ******** he came up with. Then we argued for

30 minutes and he agreed to give the full refund including the shipping cost. I double checked with him and he said 'Yes I will give you

full refund' I thought end of the story. Then, this guy called me again after few minutes saying he talked to his boss and since the

item was sent already guess what NO REFUND!!. WTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFF. These people are fraud and scam. The representative lied and even

the manager lied.

****ed up company.
Sep 11, 2010
60 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Well, I want add my 2c worth since I've been on the complaining end many times (I was one of the original "investigators"/posters in The Butchers scam).

I recently requested a refund from Wagjag for 2 vouchers for that I bought last Dec for "tea for two at the Fairmont". The tea offering was only on weekends and I left it late in the season to book and they were fully booked up for the month of Dec and the next available time was in March. The voucher was to expire Dec. 31/2011 so I informed Wagjag of the situation and they refunded my CC the full amount, no runaround, no questions asked. I got the immediate "your email has been received" automated response when I emailed them and it informed me that they were quite busy and it might take a few days to get a response but they did respond within about a week.

I also had a similiar experience with another voucher at the same time and that was happily resolved to my satisfaction within about a week also.

I'm not disputing that others have had issues with WagJag but I do want to give credit where credit is due and state that I have NO complaints with wagjag customer service.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5136 posts
49 upvotes
psychology7 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 3:57 pm
worst experience online shopping ever. https://www.wagjag.com/myaccount?w=51741#

bought this stupid jerky from wagjag grocery on Dec 10th. emailed the merchant but Never got answers.

Contacted wagjag customer service on Jan 3rd regarding canceling my order due to horrible customer service.

Since my item was not sent yet I requested full refund including the shipping cost and the customer representative agreed.

Next day, this representative emailed me saying that the item was sent on Jan 4th and No refund. WTF I called and confirmed on 3rd that

item was not sent yet. Then, I got this email from manager for Wagjag grocery, Chant Spencer saying he wants to talk to me. He was saying

since the item was sent already the refund cannot be made and explaining all sorts of ******** he came up with. Then we argued for

30 minutes and he agreed to give the full refund including the shipping cost. I double checked with him and he said 'Yes I will give you

full refund' I thought end of the story. Then, this guy called me again after few minutes saying he talked to his boss and since the

item was sent already guess what NO REFUND!!. WTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFF. These people are fraud and scam. The representative lied and even

the manager lied.

****ed up company.
If the manager did lie, then I would just contact Visa or whatever card you used and say the company lied to you and owes you money.

I was charged twice bya taxi driver last year and was told "we can not give cash refund" and that the transaction would be reversed.
I was at the airport leaving, so could not do anything then, but had the cab info ect.

I get home later check and no refund.
Filed dispute w Visa and was refunded then.

Usually if you involve your credit card and also send a registered letter or fax you get your money back.
Dec 6, 2009
198 posts
9 upvotes
London
Hi odd situation with Wagjag,

Bought and used a coupon for house cleaning, the work they did was horrible, we were complete not satisfied with the job done. We specifically asked for something in particular to be cleaned in our house and we were told it'll be no problem when we first called and booked the appointment.

When the cleaners came and started the job we were told oh we didn't bring a specific cleaner so we can't do that request you made. They told us that we should have told them before arriving to bring it. Well we did do that...

After they left I sent an email to wagjag complaining about the work. Wagjag said no problem we'll refund you for the purchase. We gave them all the juicy details that they asked for.

"WagJag values fantastic user experiences. If you are not happy with your purchase, please let us know why and we will be happy to give you a full refund. If you would like to request a refund please email us at info@wagjag.com or call in the GTA: 416-687-5848 or outside the GTA, toll-free: 1-855-4-WAGJAG (1-855-492-4524)."

Now we got an email directly from the company saying we owe them more money than what was in the voucher as they still did the job and that they'll be at my house soon to pick up the cash.... We called wagjag and forwarded them all the emails again, they said they'll look into it...

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
Nov 12, 2005
242 posts
28 upvotes
North York
I have used wagjag on many occasions and have referred many friends to it that my account sits with $130.00 credit from referrals alone.
My experience with a wagjag refund was a positive one. I made a purchase last year for a photography shoot from shutter dreams photography for $70.00. http://www.wagjag.com/?w=Yjyg
After repeated attempts at contacting the company by leaving messages, email and facebook messages, there was no response from the company. After contacting wagjag, they refunded me the entire amount.
Seeing they didn't ask me any questions regarding this company, it was apparent that they must have given a refund to all the purchasers for this deal. I could see from the many now deleted posts on her facebook page, there were many who never received the deal and were not happy.
Did anyone of the 140 bought have the same experience with this deal? Has anyone ever dealt with this photographer?
Sep 7, 2011
109 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Can't seem to find any other active forum besides this and here's hoping that someone responds.

So here's my experience.

Had diner with a WagJag coupon valued $40 which I purchased for half off.

Bill came in at $36 including all taxes and it was my understanding that since the coupon had a face value of $40 that the remainder $4 I had left would cover my tip. I am aware that there is no cash back and was not expecting any change in return however I was told that the coupon "does not include tax" and that I would have to make a $40 diner purchase and PAY tax on the face value of the coupon ($40).

My arguments is this. I am well within my coupon limit of $40 with taxes and even tips why should I be FORCED to pay taxes on $40 when I haven't ordered $40 worth of food???

I ended up ordering another small item and was now over $40 and paid $6 extra for something I could have done without.

Again I realize that taxes are not included with the coupon which is why I was careful to order well within the max of $40 taking into consideration taxes/tips.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Nov 19, 2012
1 posts
EDMONTON
WagJag can't seem to respond to customer support emails so maybe I'll try to get their attention this way....

I spent $250 on an item intended for a birthday gift (now 4 days away) the add said allow up to 3 weeks for shipping. It has now bee 7 weeks!! I emailed wagjag 2 weeks ago to see what was causing the delay and to be reassured that it was coming but they STILL have not replied. At this point I feel scammed and mislead. I often use online group buy sites and have never had an issue. I am completely disapointed.

I'm giving them till the end of the week and then I'm calling my credit card company to be reimbursed.
WagJagMolly wrote:
Oct 28th, 2010 1:22 pm
Hello there - we noticed your post and thought we would reply directly. We're sorry that you had this experience. Please note that your voucher was issued by email when the deal closed and we have re-sent it to you (it may be in your junk mail account). The voucher has also been in your account since you made the purchase. It appears that our messages have been going into your junk mail box. In any case, our records show that we have connected by email and this issue has been resolved. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have a great day and Happy WagJagging!
Jan 2, 2012
112 posts
26 upvotes
Bookpreviews wrote:
Sep 14th, 2011 12:16 am
The promotional value can expire, but not what you put in.
This is not true with my experience with Wagjag. Sent them countless emails about my coupons and got a runaround about returns which I wasn't asking for. Was simply asking if the paid value expired and they stated that the coupon expires completely on expiry date. Even some of the less popular dealsites with terrible reviews have told me that the paid value wouldn't expire. I don't even know. Definitely not purchasing anything from Wagjag anymore :S.
Dec 30, 2012
1 posts
WHITBY
I had seen daily deals on Car cleaning services and bought a local Wag Jag for "Street Scene" car detailing in the Durham area ($39). It all seemed legit at the time with details and location and I received the voucher ok. The voucher could only be redeemed by appointment but when i called the number on the voucher (well before the expiry) the number "did not exist" and when i decided to drive by the location there was no such business at the address.

WagJag is hard to contact. I called, waited for 10 min on hold, was put on hold again and then cut off. WagJag has not returned any emails either.

After reading all the negative posts at here at Red Flag, Buyer Beware if using WagJag. I guess I won't be getting my money back or a credit any time soon either. Perhaps the lesson here is stick to well known merchants and perhaps even call the business before you buy. I would have thought WagJag had at least some basic screening for thier merchants. The non-existant phone # would have been obvious. The voucher is still active in my account too.

By comparison I've had no problems with Groupon. Thier customer service has been decent. When I have a question, i get a response the same day.
Jun 16, 2013
1 posts
SCARBOROUGH
I bought an electronic item from Wagjag and then found it cheaper at the local store. I followed their policy of returning it within 30 days for a full refund. I wrote back at the 21 day mark. They wrote back promptly enough but kept asking for more and more detail. Providing them the voucher number should had been enough. At the 30 day mark and a few emails later, they refused to refund me. When I called into customer service, they were very, very rude as well. Don't buy from Wagjag, they do not honour their refund policy and they use stall tactics.

MoogleDoll wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 8:59 am
SCAM REFUND??
Purchased tickets and needed a refund a week before the expiry date. I sent an email requesting for refund. They promptly got back to me asking why. I told them my reason and they sent one back and said,
"I will look into trying to cancel these vouchers, please be advised that they are transferable. If you have someone that may want to take advantage of the great experience for a low price you are able to transfer it to them. "

The reply showed lack of commitment and confidence to refund the tickets, when this is is a refund that I was entitled to.

I emailed them three more times, before the expiry date asking how the progress was going, and I have not head anything back. Ever since that last email I received from Wagjag, I did not hear from them again, and it's been over a week. The tickets are now expired, I have not used them. If I knew that the tickets were not going to be refunded, I would have gave them away.

Their communication is absolutely horrible and they need to make major improvements to their services, if they want to be able to compete. I feel like I got scammed for a refund that I am entitled to as a customer, this is absolutely ridiculous and I am getting very fed up with their incompetence .

The sad thing is, at the same time I needed a refund from teambuy, and I got the refund in 3 days of my first email. They were super friendly, professional and prompt.

I will not be purchasing from them again, and I will advise family and friends not to as well. Buyers please beware of this.
May 14, 2011
2 posts
coupon never covers tips. it doesn't matter where you buy it, wagjag, groupon, etc, coupon does not cover tip, and tip and tax are on the face value of the coupon. that's why when i look at a $20 coupon, i always look at the "value" of the face value. i feel they sometimes inflate their face value.

Insomniac1 wrote:
May 20th, 2012 12:17 am
Can't seem to find any other active forum besides this and here's hoping that someone responds.

So here's my experience.

Had diner with a WagJag coupon valued $40 which I purchased for half off.

Bill came in at $36 including all taxes and it was my understanding that since the coupon had a face value of $40 that the remainder $4 I had left would cover my tip. I am aware that there is no cash back and was not expecting any change in return however I was told that the coupon "does not include tax" and that I would have to make a $40 diner purchase and PAY tax on the face value of the coupon ($40).

My arguments is this. I am well within my coupon limit of $40 with taxes and even tips why should I be FORCED to pay taxes on $40 when I haven't ordered $40 worth of food???

I ended up ordering another small item and was now over $40 and paid $6 extra for something I could have done without.

Again I realize that taxes are not included with the coupon which is why I was careful to order well within the max of $40 taking into consideration taxes/tips.

Any feedback would be appreciated.