Group Deal Discussion

Buyers becareful when purchasing from Wagjag!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2018 12:22 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
A couple pages back someone posted about the Parkway Bowl deal. The replies said the poster was wrong but it looks like a typo by Wagjag just like Parkway said.

I don't know what bowling normally costs, but this seems too good to be true since other deals for bowling by the hour were much more expensive.

So who is wrong, Wagjag or the poster? Do you really get to bring 5 of your friends and bowl 4 games together for only $8.75, or am I missing the point and you can do it if everyone has their own voucher?

http://www.wagjag.com/index.php?_page=home&wagjag=4045
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1375 posts
299 upvotes
GTA
alamshahid wrote:
Jun 16th, 2011 11:33 am
I've bought stuff from group-on and wag jag and have had no issues. I used the coupons right away; I never sit on them for long.

+1. I've bought quite a few deals from Wagjag, and never any problems. Luckily, I've never had to ask for a refund... yet... but if I do, I think the post here tells me the lesson is to do so over the phone.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9122 posts
814 upvotes
GTA
Cheap wrote:
Jun 18th, 2011 10:19 am
A couple pages back someone posted about the Parkway Bowl deal. The replies said the poster was wrong but it looks like a typo by Wagjag just like Parkway said.

I don't know what bowling normally costs, but this seems too good to be true since other deals for bowling by the hour were much more expensive.

So who is wrong, Wagjag or the poster? Do you really get to bring 5 of your friends and bowl 4 games together for only $8.75, or am I missing the point and you can do it if everyone has their own voucher?

http://www.wagjag.com/index.php?_page=home&wagjag=4045

The other poster wanted to bowl 24 games! Yes, you can bowl with 5 other people (6 people total) 4 games. The thing is with 6 people there is a LOT of waiting time in between when you get to bowl. I would recommend 4 people max. You also had to pay shoe rental fee per person on that deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
YLSF wrote:
Jun 20th, 2011 10:47 am
The other poster wanted to bowl 24 games! Yes, you can bowl with 5 other people (6 people total) 4 games. The thing is with 6 people there is a LOT of waiting time in between when you get to bowl. I would recommend 4 people max. You also had to pay shoe rental fee per person on that deal.
I'm reading it differently. The 24 games is an example from the poster saying that if 6 people bowled 4 games that's 24 games. They charge per game per person right? Parkway said it was for 4 games, but not with 6 people, just 4 games. And thats what Parkway offered; the four of them could bowl 1 game together =4 games.
na_sti wrote:
Jan 15th, 2011 1:36 pm
I purchased several vouchers at PARKWAY BOWL. The vouchers were for "4 games of bowling for up to 6 people." (read - 4 x 6 = 24games max)
I presented the voucher to the establishment and they refused to honour the voucher and insisted that wagjag had misprinted and was only willing to provide 4 games total. I had a party of 4 and that meant only 1 game each.
The way I read it, the poster is saying that their party of 4 (less than 6) should have been able to to take a lane and bowl 4 games together. I think it is a typo, how can 6 people go bowling like that for $8?
Dec 2, 2010
7 posts
Toronto
Cheap wrote:
Jun 20th, 2011 11:13 am
I'm reading it differently. The 24 games is an example from the poster saying that if 6 people bowled 4 games that's 24 games. They charge per game per person right? Parkway said it was for 4 games, but not with 6 people, just 4 games. And thats what Parkway offered; the four of them could bowl 1 game together =4 games.

Yes, this is correct. Parkway Bowl will honour 4 games total for six people max. The other poster was understandably confused because Parkway charges 1 game/person. With this WagJag deal, whether it’s a group of 4 or 6 people, in the end it’s still one game per person. So, for example, if a group of six people show up, Parkway will throw in an additional 2 bonus games so that each person has one game.

Hope this helps to clear things up!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
WagJag_Frances wrote:
Jun 24th, 2011 1:06 pm
Yes, this is correct. Parkway Bowl will honour 4 games total for six people max. The other poster was understandably confused because Parkway charges 1 game/person. With this WagJag deal, whether it’s a group of 4 or 6 people, in the end it’s still one game per person. So, for example, if a group of six people show up, Parkway will throw in an additional 2 bonus games so that each person has one game.

Hope this helps to clear things up!

Thanks for posting. The whole games/person thing does get confusing. I was with you until you mentioned the bonus games. Hopefully this will clear it up.

1. If the poster used their voucher, the 4 of them would take a lane together and bowl 1 game together, competing with each other, correct?

2. If a group of 6 people used a voucher, the 6 of them could take a lane and bowl 1 game together, and not have to pay extra for 2 people, since they are bonus games, correct?
Dec 2, 2010
7 posts
Toronto
Cheap wrote:
Jun 24th, 2011 1:25 pm
Thanks for posting. The whole games/person thing does get confusing. I was with you until you mentioned the bonus games. Hopefully this will clear it up.

1. If the poster used their voucher, the 4 of them would take a lane together and bowl 1 game together, competing with each other, correct?

2. If a group of 6 people used a voucher, the 6 of them could take a lane and bowl 1 game together, and not have to pay extra for 2 people, since they are bonus games, correct?

My apologies, I responded ages ago and for some reason, my post did not go through (mods?). You were right on both examples!
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9737 posts
4046 upvotes
Ottawa
WagJag_Frances wrote:
Jul 6th, 2011 10:45 am
My apologies, I responded ages ago and for some reason, my post did not go through (mods?). You were right on both examples!

The wording used for this deal is more confusing than an ikea assembly sheet.

I re-read the title half a dozen times and would agree with the original buyer's interpretation of it. It's not like the details below are any help...

Buyer should get a refund and apology, but that's just my opinion.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9122 posts
814 upvotes
GTA
Oh wow! Maybe I do agree with the original poster than.

I thought it was also

4 people get together and they can play 4 games.

What I thought the OP was asking for was to play 24 games....

EDIT: As a point of reference, Parkway in St. Catharines voucher I bought was $20 for 2 hours of play including shoe rental for up to 6 people. The Bowelerama deal I got from WagJag was also $20 for up to 2 hours of play for 6 people.
Mar 15, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
That is really so strange that the other person just had that terrible experience with Wag Jag because I read this JUST before trying to get a refund myself and was nervous after reading that story. HOWEVER, the experience I had was EASY and my own REFUND was dealt with just as their website had said in their policy; a simple phone call and... done!

So, I am sorry to hear that others may have had bad experiences but happy to say that perhaps Wag Jag has just changed how that whole thing goes so that everybody stays happy or perhaps that story was just an unfortunate exception. Either way, I'm feeling pretty grateful.

Cheers and Happy "Deal"-ing with it all!

MoogleDoll wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 8:59 am
SCAM REFUND??
Purchased tickets and needed a refund a week before the expiry date. I sent an email requesting for refund. They promptly got back to me asking why. I told them my reason and they sent one back and said,
"I will look into trying to cancel these vouchers, please be advised that they are transferable. If you have someone that may want to take advantage of the great experience for a low price you are able to transfer it to them. "

The reply showed lack of commitment and confidence to refund the tickets, when this is is a refund that I was entitled to.

I emailed them three more times, before the expiry date asking how the progress was going, and I have not head anything back. Ever since that last email I received from Wagjag, I did not hear from them again, and it's been over a week. The tickets are now expired, I have not used them. If I knew that the tickets were not going to be refunded, I would have gave them away.

Their communication is absolutely horrible and they need to make major improvements to their services, if they want to be able to compete. I feel like I got scammed for a refund that I am entitled to as a customer, this is absolutely ridiculous and I am getting very fed up with their incompetence .

The sad thing is, at the same time I needed a refund from teambuy, and I got the refund in 3 days of my first email. They were super friendly, professional and prompt.

I will not be purchasing from them again, and I will advise family and friends not to as well. Buyers please beware of this.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5136 posts
49 upvotes
I've gotten 4 refunds from Wagjag so far-no issues at will getting my money back.

But Wagjag did delete a bunch of my comments this weekend about their Healthmedica microdermabrasion deal.

I didn't even write anything bad- just that Healthmedica used to be called Canadian Decompression Centres.
you can still look that up with the addresses and their old websites are still up.

My refunds from Wagjag were Organics delivery that went under.
Casa Flo dance school- they packed up and left without leaving info for customers.
Dance school could not be contacted- I had 2 different deals from that.
forget what the other one was.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7459 posts
1165 upvotes
I think we need more info on that one, as is often the case with complaints here where the details are intentionally left out.

If it was tickets to an event, no one would expect to be able to get a refund the same as if you buy concert tickets etc. They can't sell tickets, let people hang on to them so they can't be sold to someone else, then get a refund just before the event
Jun 29, 2004
184 posts
14 upvotes
mabman wrote:
May 20th, 2011 6:56 pm
I've bought several deals from wagjag and asked for 2 refunds. They gave them to me immediately with no interrogation. Couldn't have been simpler. I think their customer service is excellent!

Me too. I have found their customer service excellent as well.
:D
Dec 2, 2010
7 posts
Toronto
Bookpreviews wrote:
Jul 10th, 2011 11:02 pm
I've gotten 4 refunds from Wagjag so far-no issues at will getting my money back.

But Wagjag did delete a bunch of my comments this weekend about their Healthmedica microdermabrasion deal.

I didn't even write anything bad- just that Healthmedica used to be called Canadian Decompression Centres.
you can still look that up with the addresses and their old websites are still up.

Hi there, We checked in with our team who handles discussion board comments and Healthmedica had informed us that they are not the same company as Canadian Decompression Centres, they just share the same clinic space. We removed only your comment that included a link to the video about Canadian Decompression Centres since the content itself was not related to our merchant. We kept your followup comment afterwards however. Hope this helps to clear up any confusion.
Dec 2, 2010
7 posts
Toronto
Cas77 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2011 12:17 pm
The wording used for this deal is more confusing than an ikea assembly sheet.

I re-read the title half a dozen times and would agree with the original buyer's interpretation of it. It's not like the details below are any help...

Buyer should get a refund and apology, but that's just my opinion.

Sorry for the confusion, situations like this are rare -- there was an edit that was supposed to go into the copy but since it launched during the holiday season the change did not occur in time. On the flipside, we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for full refunds whenever customers contact us via phone or email and Parkway Bowl themselves has also done their best to accommodate people who do show up at their location with vouchers for this deal.