Buyincoins.com - 3rd party Camera Strap for slr/dslr camera - $7.77

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2013 12:11 pm
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
3403 posts
743 upvotes
Paris ON
You can always add keyrings and other redundancies for added peace of mind. For example, this setup which holds the carabiner to the strap and the D-ring : Image

You could also secure the camera to the strap directly as well.

Note the above pic has a crack in the metal. This is consistent with other pics where I have seen the carabiner broken in half and it turned out to be cheap sintered pot metal (almost hollow). They may have changed the material though, some people claim the new attachment is more bulky and heavier.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Aug 3, 2006
872 posts
122 upvotes
golden wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 9:07 am
I would never trust my $3k SLR on a cheap strap, especially this design has all the weight hanging on the tripod mount. I guess for a compact entrance level SLR with kit lens, it would be ok.
Don't forget to pickup gold plated monster power bars, network cables, and hdmi cable with you oh so expensive home stereo setup.
Dec 6, 2008
293 posts
56 upvotes
qsub wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:50 pm
Don't forget to pickup gold plated monster power bars, network cables, and hdmi cable with you oh so expensive home stereo setup.
you're completely missing the point but i'm not gonna argue. if you want to risk your t3i w/kit lens shattering into little plastic pieces b/c you used a POS strap that's your perogative.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
6361 posts
535 upvotes
Montreal, QC
It is not a POS strap, you can tell by the quality of materials used and the seams, except maybe for that metal clip which should be fixed in newer version of the strap
Anyway, you can add a security cable from the plate to the strap
:D Space for rent :cheesygri
Dec 6, 2008
293 posts
56 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 7:35 pm
It is not a POS strap, you can tell by the quality of materials used and the seams, except maybe for that metal clip which should be fixed in newer version of the strap
Anyway, you can add a security cable from the plate to the strap
you know what you're right. i haven't actually seen the strap in question so maybe i'm just being judge-ey based on the price.

i mean i'm all about a good deal which is why i'm on RFD but i would gladly pay 50 dollars for an on sale black rapid strap than this. the whole camera sling concept is iffy to begin with lol so just sayin.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
5771 posts
664 upvotes
Got the Neoprene strap already, pretty pleased with the purchase. The Neoprene part is thick and very "gelly", should be good for long days with the strap and camera on.

Only negative so far is the plating on the metal hardware is chipping a bit already around the screw tight on the clip. Not a big deal and considering the price, it is a steal already.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
3403 posts
743 upvotes
Paris ON
I just received my Neoprene Caden strap and I'm not too impressed with the quality.

The strap is well sewn at one end of the neoprene, but held at the back by a weak plastic part that flexes easily. I added a keyring just in case this part should fail, for it it did, the entire strap falls off and there goes the camera. The carabiner/D-ring on mine also shows plating and cheap metal underneath as it rubs against the D-ring, the carabiner itself is very thin metal at the opening and the clip is held by two thin brass pins. The mounting plate's screw is slightly crooked and too long, when fulled screwed into the camera the mounting plate is not snug against the bottom of the camera and the L-plate just spins independently of the camera. Going to try adding a washer or two under the L-plate and screw knob.

It also has a strong rubber/Canadian Tire-like smell, Guaranteed Factory Fresh :D

For $7 shipped it's alright after modifications, but you get what you pay for.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4905 posts
242 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Skiguy53 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 10:38 pm
I go this one and I like the design and the quality
Cool, I ordered the same one. Hopefully I get mine soon!
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
3403 posts
743 upvotes
Paris ON
I got the Neoprene one posted above, and it has grown on me.

After a few slight modifications (washer between the L-Plate knob and plate, keyring at the back as backup to the plastic clip, keyring between the D-ring and carabiner) and some use and adjusting, it is amazing. The neoprene pad doesn't slide and the strap is very comfortable, still functional even if you wear a backpack on both shoulders.

For $7 shipped it's pretty amazing, considering that they sell for $14-30 at some places
× < >