[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5866 posts
385 upvotes
TO

Buying Baby furniture online from Bestbuy or FutureShop? Feedback

Hi all
I was wondering if anyone here have recently placed order for a baby crib and other furniture online from BB/FS as the pricing is pretty attractive compare to other local stores and they offer free delivery.

Can someone share any feedback in terms of what happens if an item is damaged or missing items or how any thing they know about delivery scheduling? I called them and they advised me that they will email once I place an order to schedule a delivery from CanadaPost contractor.

Thanks
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for max protection ;)

#churn4life #rfdChurn #ChurnbabyChurn #borntoChurn
8 replies
Jan 4, 2004
305 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond
Did you ever end up buying a crib from them? I still havent' heard a peep since my order on Dec 25th
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2394 upvotes
Montreal
Considering these are large items, you'd be contacted by the delivery company, for sure. They won't lug that stuff to your home without making sure you'll be there.
Maybe you can pre-arrange a pick up location instead of house delivery (if you have a vehicle to transport that stuff).
Jan 4, 2004
305 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond
Yea but I've yet to be contacted, and its 2 weeks since I placed the order. It'd be nice if they had some kind of ETA to when they will contact me...other than just showing "In progress" for 2 weeks.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2394 upvotes
Montreal
gti303 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 2:26 pm
Yea but I've yet to be contacted, and its 2 weeks since I placed the order. It'd be nice if they had some kind of ETA to when they will contact me...other than just showing "In progress" for 2 weeks.
2 weeks... starting on Christmas day
Impatient much?
Just call them up if you need to scratch your itch.
Jan 4, 2004
305 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond
haha well my baby is due soon...would just like to have the crib set up and done with...I gave them a call...not much help. They just said it should be delivered already, and filed a case for me.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2394 upvotes
Montreal
gti303 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 3:14 pm
haha well my baby is due soon...would just like to have the crib set up and done with...I gave them a call...not much help. They just said it should be delivered already, and filed a case for me.
When? Just curious, so I can either make fun of you for being WAYYY too in a hurry, or waaaayyy too late ;) ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2008
1352 posts
90 upvotes
alkizmo wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 3:39 pm
When? Just curious, so I can either make fun of you for being WAYYY too in a hurry, or waaaayyy too late ;) ;)
this
Jan 4, 2004
305 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond
hahaha....your right...I'm waaaay too in a hurry. Just a few things happening all at once. My baby is due in March. I was supposed to have moved into my new home in November, but some things came up and I'm not moving till end of the month.

Anyways, I got a UPS tracking number this afternoon :)

I'm surprised it shipped UPS. 135lbs.