• Jun 30th, 2016 12:31 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wlsdnjsaos wrote: No contract??? 504 + tax?? that's pretty damm good deal!
Its on a tabplus plan but you can cancel right away.
Sep 6, 2010
157 posts
9 upvotes
oakville
SureshA720227 wrote: Its on a tabplus plan but you can cancel right away.

without any penalty or device balace remaining
???? where can i find such deal?? can the phonre be anything??
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
SureshA720227 wrote: Its on a tabplus plan but you can cancel right away.
You can't. 90 days before you can.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
squadz wrote: You can't. 90 days before you can.
I cancelled it the next day without any problem. What are you talking about?
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
SureshA720227 wrote: I cancelled it the next day without any problem. What are you talking about?
I was told that by two different Koodo stores.

You got the s7 on tab plus and cancelled the next day without having to pay for that month?

Guess they lied to me.
May 1, 2007
47 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Hi Suresh,

So you had to pay the remaining balance on the phone and the cost of the 1st month of your tab plan?
Can you clarify what you had to pay when you cancelled the next day after signing up for the plan?

thanks!
Oct 9, 2011
733 posts
765 upvotes
EAST YORK
Surprising amount of negativity towards buying a phone from Kijiji - I've bought my past 4-5 phones in the past 5-6 years from Kijiji, all have been top tier phones in the year I bought them in, and I've never had any issues.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
baddoctor wrote: Surprising amount of negativity towards buying a phone from Kijiji - I've bought my past 4-5 phones in the past 5-6 years from Kijiji, all have been top tier phones in the year I bought them in, and I've never had any issues.
True, but it only takes one bad apple to make the whole experience really bad.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
drinkwater wrote: Hi Suresh,

So you had to pay the remaining balance on the phone and the cost of the 1st month of your tab plan?
Can you clarify what you had to pay when you cancelled the next day after signing up for the plan?

thanks!
Hey, I was told by the Koodo store employee at the dufferin mall that i just had to pay the tab balance if i cancel. For me, i traded in a Moto E 2nd Gen, but they didn't accept that so i had to go to a nearby store to exchange my Moto E for something that they would accept. They gave me an iphone 5 (LOL) without adding any money. I got an additional $55 credit on top of $200 credit for trade-in. I got a JBL bluetooth wireless speaker and a pair of screen protectors.
I also applied for free samsung level headphones. Assuming i will get it, its an awesome deal.

EDIT: I have not received my bill to date. I will update after i get it.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
SureshA720227 wrote: Hey, I was told by the Koodo store employee at the dufferin mall that i just had to pay the tab balance if i cancel. For me, i traded in a Moto E 2nd Gen, but they didn't accept that so i had to go to a nearby store to exchange my Moto E for something that they would accept. They gave me an iphone 5 (LOL) without adding any money. I got an additional $55 credit on top of $200 credit for trade-in. I got a JBL bluetooth wireless speaker and a pair of screen protectors.
I also applied for free samsung level headphones. Assuming i will get it, its an awesome deal.

EDIT: I have not received my bill to date. I will update after i get it.
So what phones DO they accept?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
baddoctor wrote: Surprising amount of negativity towards buying a phone from Kijiji - I've bought my past 4-5 phones in the past 5-6 years from Kijiji, all have been top tier phones in the year I bought them in, and I've never had any issues.
That's it.

I bought at least 20, majority premium and no issues but I ended it after learning about the Blacklist System 1-2 years ago, it's just not worth the risk.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
I've bought and sold phones of kijiji with no issues. For the regular joe just trying to buy/sell stuff, of course there's nothing wrong with these transactions. But phones to get blacklisted and and there's no way around it except not to buy from them.