• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2020 2:27 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3486 upvotes
Victoria

Buying digital games in physical stores:

I've gotten in the habit of buying all my games digital since around release of the ps4. I've never bothered to sell my games used, so having digital games was easier.

Someone told me that physical stores (like Best Buy) sell both physical ( bluyray) games, and digital codes. Is that true? I've perused Best Buy and Amazon's websites but haven't seen much in the way of buying digital versions of games. It would be a nice alternative if they have game sales that aren't occurring on PSN.

Rather than go into Best Buy during a pandemic with no reason, I thought I'd check to see what peoples real life experiences are with finding digital copies of games in stores (or on Amazon)?
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7362 posts
8433 upvotes
GTA
zod wrote: I've gotten in the habit of buying all my games digital since around release of the ps4. I've never bothered to sell my games used, so having digital games was easier.

Someone told me that physical stores (like Best Buy) sell both physical ( bluyray) games, and digital codes. Is that true? I've perused Best Buy and Amazon's websites but haven't seen much in the way of buying digital versions of games. It would be a nice alternative if they have game sales that aren't occurring on PSN.

Rather than go into Best Buy during a pandemic with no reason, I thought I'd check to see what peoples real life experiences are with finding digital copies of games in stores (or on Amazon)?
They have, but from my experience it was almost always major AAA games like your Assassin's Creed types. But honestly it's been a while since I've been in a BestBuy store, so no idea about the current situation.
c'mon get happy!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)