Personal Finance

buying a Franchise? any info or suggestions?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2005 7:49 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 4, 2005
265 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
Open a grow-op. Ask the guy in the park late at night for details.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:forget about Tim Hortons, there franchise's are only given to people who already have a timmys
:confused:

huh?

not so. a business associate of mine was just about to sign up for a th but backed down at the last minute. he does not own one already. th did not refuse him the franchise. he backed down.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
me! wrote: :confused:

huh?

not so. a business associate of mine was just about to sign up for a th but backed down at the last minute. he does not own one already. th did not refuse him the franchise. he backed down.
location? was this in timbuktu?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2001
5171 posts
116 upvotes
Vancouver
me! wrote:not so. a business associate of mine was just about to sign up for a th but backed down at the last minute. he does not own one already. th did not refuse him the franchise. he backed down.
Even if you are approved you still end up on a waiting list for your target area... although if he was past that stage, and ready to commit to actually opening one... why did he change his mind?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
grant wrote:Even if you are approved you still end up on a waiting list for your target area... although if he was past that stage, and ready to commit to actually opening one... why did he change his mind?
why, that i don't know.

i do know that he was concerned bout the 450K fee for a TH.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
ferkel wrote:location? was this in timbuktu?
you T.O people think anywhere outside 50 miles from the centre of the universe is timbuktoo.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2005
1829 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
I was quite involved with couple TH franchise set up and their books for a while. As quoted by Superbpx, you are required to devote most of your time in the business. In return, you'd earn a okay salary but don't expect to make big bucks from it after paying all the franchise fees, food costs, ...
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2002
1177 posts
9 upvotes
The waiting list to obtain a TH franchise is absurd.

***IF*** they decide to give you one it most likely will not be in a desireable location. Someone I know was pursing this a few years ago, the only locations they would give him was ones in new/proposed subdivisions. This means that he would have to operate this franchise at a loss for a few years before seeing any real money.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
HoTiCE_ wrote:hmm we need taco bells in quebec

and In & out burgers too...(californian chain)
For years, I've wondered why Taco Bell hasn't been In Montreal, It must have to do with not having French on their packaging, I can't see it being anything else.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3289 posts
1606 upvotes
Toronto
Rockstead wrote:For years, I've wondered why Taco Bell hasn't been In Montreal, It must have to do with not having French on their packaging, I can't see it being anything else.
I don't live in Montreal, I've only visited several times.

I'd say the reason why Taco Bell isn't there is because they have good taste!