Entrepreneurship & Small Business

is buying a franchise a good investment?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2017 11:58 am
Apr 2, 2017
10 posts
i agree with lot of comments on this page Franchise can be hard thing to manage, and if you are investing upwards of half a mil on an investments you should want to handle it full time. Otherwise you will be paying big number to hire a proper manager than can actually take care of a new store. If you are looking to a part time owner a franchise may not be a good option- thats just my opinion though
Dec 16, 2015
447 posts
137 upvotes
cruisingadoptionworker wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 3:38 am
Go to the CFA (Canadian franchising association). Great website. Stop at shoppers and pick up their magazine. It's a wealth of info showing a large breath and depth of opportunities. Attend their trade show and meet with the franchisors.
Op got his CFA yet?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
1807 posts
10066 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
saadt1988 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 7:34 am
So what about small franchise then? How easy is it to get one? What exactly and who exactly do I need to contact to buy one?
Very Easy. You just give that company a call. Many companies have their "franchise' tab on their website.
or better yet, just go to the franchise expo
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1077 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
Judging by the fact that the owner of the Subway in my local Home Depot drives a Model X, I am sure they are doing ok with their franchise(s).
Sep 22, 2009
547 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
A friend of mine just opened a Heart to Home Meals franchise which delivers frozen meals designed for seniors to living at home. They love it, it's a massive growth industry and the start up costs were fairly low ($150k)

www.hearttohomemealsfranchise.ca
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2012
1143 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
theguru wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 7:08 pm
A friend of mine just opened a Heart to Home Meals franchise which delivers frozen meals designed for seniors to living at home. They love it, it's a massive growth industry and the start up costs were fairly low ($150k)

www.hearttohomemealsfranchise.ca
Did your friend pay the full $150k or he took a loan from the bank?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3939 posts
296 upvotes
Many franchises, the franchisee ends up working as much as a regular job & doesn't make much money, so they're not better off than they were before they owned a franchise.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel