• Feb 21st, 2013 4:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
298 upvotes
New Westminster
some are limited time like the Norton's and unless you actually signed up and put a credit card in to pay for that or anything then the stuff is free to use til at least the time runs out. as for the HP software you might be able to download it separately if you want to use it over any similar program. Not sure how great HP Beat is or HP Games and the Cyberlink software is. should check the hp website for downloads of utilities.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Sep 11, 2006
884 posts
320 upvotes
bgallagher wrote:
Feb 20th, 2013 5:38 am
[IMG]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyoq8 ... o1_250.gif[/IMG]

The USB3.0 front ports now work in Windows7, thanks to you guys!!!!
So now, everything works (pc boots fine, gpu works, second HDD accessible, front USB ports functional).
For the USB ports previously not working, I should just have opened the computer case and look at the make of the controller chip next to the USB3.0 blue connector on the board, as one poster suggested.
Awesome!!! That's a fine piece of crap that is now fully functional after switching the OS.
What a waste of money and time.
I wish I can opt out from their software bundle (the Win8 OS mainly) as I paid for them (included in the price) but am not using them(all vanished from the hard drive).
Now the videos on youtube are all choppy, I thought it's only on Acer netbooks with 1GB RAM that have this issue.
I suspect the latest version of flash player (11.6.602.168) is faulty.
I will try to downgrade to an older version.
bgallagher, I am very glad that you finally got your front USB 3.0 fixed...like I said b4, you could simply open up the case and looked for the marking or just made a quick phone call to HP and asked them about the controller instead of wild guessing and wasting so much time. You paid a premium for the HP brand so why not use their service to justify the cost.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
298 upvotes
New Westminster
virtuman1980 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2013 5:43 pm
bgallagher, I am very glad that you finally got your front USB 3.0 fixed...like I said b4, you could simply open up the case and looked for the marking or just made a quick phone call to HP and asked them about the controller instead of wild guessing and wasting so much time. You paid a premium for the HP brand so why not use their service to justify the cost.
because he likes to do everything the hard way : ) cant you tell from this entire thread?
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Sep 11, 2006
884 posts
320 upvotes
Keas wrote:
Feb 20th, 2013 10:22 pm
because he likes to do everything the hard way : ) cant you tell from this entire thread?
Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...always did things his own way and went against everyone's advice...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end. Anyone with a soft personality would have given up and returned the computer or not even purchased the computer from the very beginning...and we won't have 11 pages of drama for the rest of the RFD members to enjoy lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2771 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
Keas wrote:
Feb 20th, 2013 10:22 pm
I have to disagree, I did it because of my own reasons and I've told you guys about them. If you think otherwise, then it's your perception.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17396 posts
1669 upvotes
Space for rent
I have a crappy nondescript PSU rated at 350W in my Dell and I'm running a GTX570.