• Nov 3rd, 2015 4:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 7, 2012
3 posts
BURLINGTON

Buying Hunter Douglas blinds from Costco

I have Costco in to give pricing on some Hunter Douglas shades, I'm more than happy with the experience so far. However, it seems very difficult to get a comparative pricing elsewhere. I have asked a few local shops and they all want to come by the house for a fee or give a very board price range which I can't narrow down enough to compare what Costco has to offer.

Any suggestions?
3 replies
Nov 4, 2007
412 posts
19 upvotes
I'm also interested in this. We have them coming over for an estimate this week, but not sure what to compare with.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5313 posts
908 upvotes
Costco will give you 40% off the HD Duette, Alouette, Pirouette and some other blinds/shades. Discounts for faux wood, vinyl or aluminum blinds are up to 60%. Since the window coverings are all custom made, it'll be impossible for anyone to give you a price over the phone unless you read off the measurements for all your windows AND they have time to lookup the pricing AND the material, options, extras, controls, etc.

As an example, a platinum remote has a retail of $135 but most retailers will sell it for anywhere from $80-$120. Yes, that's right a $135 remote. It's what HD charges and people pay it. They also raise the price in May every year regardless of how they are doing. They are the Apple of the design world.

Disclaimer: I have a bunch of really expensive Hunter Douglas Duette shades.
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, START

There are no apostrophes in plurals! "I have 1000 posts" = correct. "I have 1000 post's" = incorrect!
Could've, would've, should've. It's simple English, people!
Voila: French, meaning "There it is!" or "Look!" Viola: A medium-sized stringed instrument Wala: An island of Vanuatu.
Feb 4, 2009
296 posts
93 upvotes
Langley
Sears and The Bay also do Hunter Douglas but hard to beat Costco.