Automotive

Buying the Mazda CX-5: what tips or advise do you have for getting a good deal?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2012 5:00 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
2352 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto

Buying the Mazda CX-5: what tips or advise do you have for getting a good deal?

I am in the process of buying a new Mazda CX-5 2013 model. I have just started my search and have about 5 dealerships in mind.

What tips or advise can you offer me please that will ensure I get the best deal possible? This could be general advise or it could be related specifically to Mazda or this model. I also have a car that I may trade-in (2006 Chevy Equinox with about 260K mileage on it) if I get a good value on it.

I feel like there is so much information out there and I have done my research but want to make sure I am not missing anything. I hate to make my purchase and be told after "why didn't you take advantage of this rebate which you can only get if you ask the dealership" (example)

Should I bother with CarCostCanada if I already got the invoice price for this car? What else can these guys help me with other than to provide me with the invoice price?

Any tips, advise or negotiation techniques are appreciated.
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
11 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
3061 posts
182 upvotes
See Jeff (Jeff-TheBiz @RFD) at Mazda of Toronto. No hassle, no pressure. He'll give you a really good deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2433 posts
247 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
tmpz wrote: See Jeff (Jeff-TheBiz @RFD) at Mazda of Toronto. No hassle, no pressure. He'll give you a really good deal.
What they said..

However call before you come.. I hear he isn't in the office this Saturday due to his daughters birthday party..

(416) 642-7777
< The original ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT BUYING A NEW MAZDA >

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

Edited by the RFD Moderation Team
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
... as long as Jeff is mobile ... he can do business on the fly too ... at least he should pull over to the side of the road first :D
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14186 upvotes
Toronto
another vote for Jeff.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
2352 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
wow thanks guys, see this is what I mean. If I never asked, I would have never heard of Jeff!

Jeff, you have been added to my list of 5 Mazda contacts here in the GTA. Prepare to battle it out like gladiators until someone comes out victorious...
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
Have you test drive the cx-5 yet? It's a bit under powered imo, but everything else about it is great.

+1 for Jeff btw. Don't bother calling the other 5 LOL
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
2352 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
Woodbridge905 wrote: wow thanks guys, see this is what I mean. If I never asked, I would have never heard of Jeff!

Jeff, you have been added to my list of 5 Mazda contacts here in the GTA. Prepare to battle it out like gladiators until someone comes out victorious...
Funny enough, I have researched everything about the car, but haven't driven it yet. But I will. I am very curious about what you mentioned regarding its lack of power, as others have said the same thing. If it doesn't have enough power, I have alternative models to look at (CR-V, RAV4 etc.)

Do you have one yourself and how good of a deal did you get?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1128 posts
206 upvotes
Woodbridge905 wrote: wow thanks guys, see this is what I mean. If I never asked, I would have never heard of Jeff!

as a matter of fact, it is you who needs to battle like a gladiators against those 5..... cx-5 just came out this year.... prepare to be ripped off....
Apr 25, 2012
11 posts
4 upvotes
ORLEANS
Woodbridge905 wrote: I am in the process of buying a new Mazda CX-5 2013 model. I have just started my search and have about 5 dealerships in mind.

What tips or advise can you offer me please that will ensure I get the best deal possible? This could be general advise or it could be related specifically to Mazda or this model. I also have a car that I may trade-in (2006 Chevy Equinox with about 260K mileage on it) if I get a good value on it.
I signed a purchase agreement May 28 in Ottawa. The drive away price (including registration) was 39530$ for a red GT with sand interior. Included in this total is Tech Package, winter liners, carpet mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, mud guards front and rear, rear bumper guard, trailer hitch and harness, locking wheel nuts and touch-up pen. This is 2922.25 below MSRP. This may NOT be the best deal realized, but was accomplished by requesting email bids from all local dealers which included the make/model/trim level/options and accessories required; while eliminating negotiation. The request included a deadline for bids, and a statement that the bids would be reviewed over the following weekend and the lowest bid would be winner. There was no trade-in. It was painless. Required factory order and delivery was made August 21.

Brian

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)